Anyone else do Turkish Getups?

Recently started doing getups with a 32kg bell at the gym. I can't press it yet but after 2 weeks it's made pressing the 24kg bell feel significantly easier. I really like how they make my shoulders feel. I want to hit getups with the 48KG bell by the end of the year so I can start working on the Sinister goal
strongfirst.com/achieve/sinister/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bbXywr6t7NI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, it's literally the stupidest fucking shit I've ever seen people do.

It literally has no real benefits it's just "oh it exists, so let me show you that I know the steps to do it"

>Anyone do this Turkish thing?
>mfw

i tried to do them but then it was really hard getting all the steps down so i stopped right away.

That is one of the sketchiest exercised I've ever seen, looks like a great way to fuck up your shoulder, elbow, back, and crack your skull in one bad rep.
What benefit does this provide to my daily life or aesthetics that other safer exercises don't?

They're very good for shoulder stability and endurance, they make your shoulders more resilient and teach your whole body to move as a unit.

Look at this guy tearing it up w 60kg
youtu.be/bbXywr6t7NI

They're really not that difficult once you learn how to perform them.

TGU's are a great accessory exercise

Single greatest catch-all prehab exercise you can do.

Takes your whole body through all planes of movement.
Unilateral exercise.
Works the shoulders in closed and open kinetic chain at the same time facilitating stability.
Ties it all in with the core, making it functional as fuck.
Trains many different functions of the abs and glutes at the same time.
Teaches reflexive stability/bracing.
Opens up the hips like magic.

I'll do them at least twice a week.

Biggest mistakes people make are during the roll to elbow or the hip hinge.

Heavier isn't always better.
Slow motion is awesome.
You can shift emphasis around by repeating certain steps.
Mind your breathing.

Thank you for taking the time to share your 100% uninformed opinion.

fuck off and die faggot
I've done Turkish get up and taught it

Everything you've listed, there are better ways to train it.
Turkish get up is garbage, and you're garbage if you actually use it during your training.

No other way to do it all at once though. Honestly don't see why you wouldn't like it.

OH WOW. So you're like one of those "trainers" whose only qualification is that you've seen a gym from the inside.

Did it OCCUR to you that MAYBE you didn't know everything at this point, you DUMB FUCK. Jesus.

The body is actually pretty complicated, yeah shocking, I know. Do you have any education on this? I'm guessing no.

>No other way to do it all at once though
That's why you're garbage.

seriously kill yourself you pathetic turkish get up cocksucker i bet you look like shit
>hurrr let me just do this stupid shit because i can memorize the steps for the most pathetic benefits

You seem frustrated and everything you've typed is trash
>work everything at once
Why not do lunges to curls to 180 degree turn jumps onto a bosu ball?

You're insulting a guy for being uneducated while contributing nothing but strawmans. Typing something like "the body is complicated" means you don't understand it well enough to explain it simply. Which means you're the uneducated one.

t. roach

>You seem frustrated
I am. It's frustrating that somebody makes a thread about an exercise that I happen to really like and find incredibly useful, and then several people who probably don't even lift come along and say it's shit, making zero effort to explain their point of view.

Now if these people would say
>I prefer this alternative
rather than
>it's shit, there are better ways
Then that would be 100% acceptable. But they didn't. They haven't. And they aren't going to. Because they're just fucking trolls.

>People don't like something I like
>surely they simply don't lift and don't know what they're talking about
good job

Actually you seem like the troll getting upset over a mediocre exercise

turkish get ups are shit. you look like shit. that's why you feel like shit you brainlet shit.

go do more trash shit while i get more sponsorship as an athlete.

Everyone ITT explained why it's shit. It's a dangerous and complicated movement with benefits that just aren't worth it.

I practice turkish get ups because they're an accessory exercise that promotes shoulder and spinal stability that easily allows for progressive overload. I'm of the opinion that they have a great training economy because they offer a lot of benefits but are easy to recover from

I've been practicing getups 6 days a week for the last few months and my shoulders have never felt better.

They're only dangerous if you're a weak dipshit

They're only complicated if you're an unathletic brainlet

Turkish meme ups.

>They're only dangerous if you're a weak dipshit
>They're only complicated if you're an unathletic brainlet
Is this why fat middle aged women can do this routinely?
Is this why only weaklings who aren't even pro athletes do this?
I would love to see a pro athlete waste his training routine time on this. He would lose his position so fast.
You can do this because you have nothing to lose, you're just fucking around with fitness.

>They're only dangerous if you're a weak dipshit
>They're only complicated if you're an unathletic brainlet
They're still not worth the effort. You can do easier and less dangerous movements for greater benefit.

So lifting heavy things is beneficial only sometimes, but somehow turkish get ups somehow negate gravity, in the sense that there is no benefit in the movement and that it's also dangerous, because it includes lifting a heavy thing off the floor and above your head?
Wew fit, I never knew.
Why are some people so fucking triggered when someone praises a move which some of you brainlets are unable to do, because you can't fucking MEMORIZE how to stand up from the floor?
I like them and they have made my sides and shoulders explode. (grow in size)

>You can do easier and less dangerous movements for greater benefit.
Such as?

What accessory movements would you recommend in lieu of getups to provide a similar training effect?

>Is this why fat middle aged women can do this routinely?
So they're in fact not dangerous or complicated, then? You're arguing against yourself right now.

Are you an olympic athlete or something?
Because you really make it sound like there is an actually important purpose for your gym going.
You do unconventional exercises because you have nothing to lose? What the fuck does that even mean?
Why are you so agressively against people doing what they like to do?

>better ways
Let’s hear them.