I want to ignore the fasting thread and ask actual Veeky Forums people directly...

I want to ignore the fasting thread and ask actual Veeky Forums people directly. What is better for losing weight Fasting or CICO and exercise?
If I want to lose weight while still looking good would eating at a deficit and lifting weights be the better option? The fasting thread swears that you will not lose muscle even if you fast for weeks on end. I tried fasting for 6 days and did lose weight but then I gained the weigh back in the following month. All while feeling too weak to lift and exercise.
I need to lose 40 pounds and I just cant see myself fasting for 8 weeks.I don't see why I shouldn't just eat very low calories while lifting and cardio to create a large defecit that fasting creates. Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Other urls found in this thread:

idmprogram.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CICO is utterly pointless if you consume high amounts of sugar

you can just do 48h fasts on weekends and eat omad on weekdays until you're shredded. long periods of fasting are for healing purposes only, which you would have known if you had lurked more.

i still dont get the health benefits of fasting wtf can you eli5 it?

Fasting is the best way you meme

Insulin levels/resistance and such

what kind of stupid statement is that, the amount of sugar is directly related to the calories you consume you ape

i think he means youll literally want to kys if all you do is eat sugar while trying to restrict calories

The base premise is still true though, if you eat only 2000 cals of candy and your TDEE is 3000, you’ll lose weight. You’ll feel like dogshit, but you’ll lose weight.

oh damn mfw i guess those dont apply to me then in my case

atleast it helps me lose weight ;d

You dingus you don't have to be diabetic for it to apply to you. Your body still produces insulin everytime you eat. Obstaining from eating helps your body regulate itself more and shit. With how shitty most food is, it is really useful in preventing yourself from getting the beetus in the first place.

What is insulin

>he fell for the calorie meme

If you had even a high school understanding of chemistry and biology, you'd understand how retarded you sound

i inject insulin when i bulk to take advantage of the other steroids i take

please explain what you mean?
how does insulin work
its production is increased when blood sugar is increased. so what?

nothing the retards think it makes them fat

all insulin does is transport what you eat to be used, otherwise it just sits in your blood doing nothing (diabetes)

The pic is false, fasting is not starving.
Cico does not mean being Veeky Forums.

What ? Educate yourself man.
Read that first : idmprogram.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/ (12 parts)

And for OP, don't listen to anyone online (me included), because even if they're right they most likely won't be able to explain to you the pro/cons of a specific thing (in that case a diet) and it doesn't account for your lifestyle / body
Research, try, listen to your body, etc ....

In the end if fasting is better than cico (or the other way around) but you feel like shit doing it and can't do it for extended period of time, then don't fucking do it because it'll be counter productive.

I'm doing OMAD and I don't think I'll look back, lost 5kg in 3 weeks, never looked so lean, finally losing my lower back fat (I'm 23, 178cm, 75kg). I wouldn't fast more than 24/48hr because in my case it doesn't make sens, but if you have 40kg to lose then I'm sure it's a pretty good way to deal with it.

you shouldn't fast if you have more than 10 lbs to lose. Fasting is not cure all for fat loss it's just quick fix for people who are already on the edge of being lean.

Tell that to all the fatties in /fast/ trying to fast their hundreds of pounds away.

Shut the fuck up you retard

this is nonsense you shouldn’t fast ever unless its to test will power its a horrific way of losing weight and encourages eating disorders, hormonal problems and mental illness

In my experience most of the fatties fall for keto and try to live on it long term. Or eat the same amount of calories doing IF. I think a lot of /fast/ is Veeky Forums skinnyfats and women (yes we have a lot of women here) that want otter or that legendarylootz body so bad but can't tough out an actual meal plan or overestimate their maintenance load.

This is simply not true, fasting is healthy.

I've been doing omad since early January. I'm down 30 pounds and my lifts are increasing. I have one 800-1200 calorie meal a day (mainly keto) and work out 4-5 days a week, lifting and stationary bike.

If you wanna BUILD muscle, fasting is the most useless thing you could do

Technically, fasting is CICO taken to the extreme

>can you eli5 it
I want plebbit to leave

please link to any evidence that fasting encourages any of those issues

please link to any evidence that conventional dieting and CICO does not encourage any of those issues

do you eat before or after lifting?
what about cardio?

Fasting and exercise.

Wow, I have a major in biology and a minor in chemistry and you sound like a retard to me.

Lifting increases your resting calories consumption
Fasting diminishes it and tortures your body

>I tried fasting for 6 days and did lose weight but then I gained the weigh back in the following month.
The problem isn't with fasting, or with CICO. The problem is that you aren't following through with your goals. You want to lose 40lbs, so you fasted 6 days. Did you think it was magic? You regained all that weight over the next 30 days because you didn't restrict calories.

It doesn't matter which method you use, if *you* don't have the fortitude to follow through until completion.

Threads like this remind me why fat people exist.

God you people are uninformed and retarded.

even bread and pasta are sugars. so quite most of cereals.