QTDDTOT

I didn't get any sleep last night/today and yesterday was a rest day. How badly will it effect my lifts today if at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Kinesiology/Deadlift.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Q69nII2xTXk
youtube.com/watch?v=q2EpAeXXhhE
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrSHdrkatK5uyy5a7NQWnamKZVNsfUXw4
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
youtube.com/watch?v=IaKgh2zwFfQ&index=1&list=PLTRvgIev8CN4Q4w_AUTmdZEB4qx2xpGhI
youtube.com/user/trdic
youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement
youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
youtube.com/user/bboySaza
youtube.com/user/Carucyn
pastebin.com/4hdf1uaP
startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1
heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/PhysicalActivity/FitnessBasics/American-Heart-Association-Recommendations-for-Physical-Activity-in-Adults_UCM_307976_Article.jsp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

R8 my routine

I sorted out all the formulas in Excel cause I got a 5/3/1 app, that I used and edited the percentages so it'd be my routine, but it turns out it's behind a paywall once you log 10 workouts. Now I just punch in the numbers before lifting on Fitnotes on my old Android Phone.

>upper right arm hurts after my workouts. (Specifically bench, curls, chins and squats)
>Also pretty bad during squats (was squatting with unknurled bar but found a knurled one at the gym so it might get better)
What is it? I dont think its tendinitis, had elbow tendinitis before and it was very different. An user last thread said it could be referred pain from my shoulder.
Should i take the rest of the week off or see how it goes on friday?

You'll have less energy because you'll be tired, that's it.
Not that good, copy somebody else's routine and make slight adjustments to what you need.
See how it goes, my arms used to hurt after working out but that disappeared after a few months. Of course if you have severe pain then don't

Not much deadlift volume. I'd add some lighter weight stuff in there somewhere. You do no posterior chain stuff or quad isolations so I'd chuck in some high volume rdls or good mornings and some high volume unilateral quad work like split squats or 1 legged leg press. You don't need 3 ab exercises, just do 1 properly.

That's just my opinion though, I like the upper back frequency. If you could switch to 4 days a week instead of 3 and give deadlift it's own dedicated day it'd be easier to fit in more volume.

>Not that good, copy somebody else's routine and make slight adjustments to what you need.
I did. See pic related. I adjusted it based on my own goals.

I took Texas Method and followed that, as in that you only Deadlift once a week for a single set. I do not have any posterior chain exercises though, but that's due to the fact I get bad lower back pumps when doing high reps/sets on exercises like deadlift or squats, or anything involving lower back, which is why I changed around the order of exercises, and put my barbell rows on the day when I do lighter squats.

>I get bad lower back pumps when doing high reps/sets on exercises like deadlift or squats
Doing it wrong then. High rep deadlifts you should be feeling mainly in your hips, legs, midback, possibly traps and even lats and forearms. But if you're getting a huge pump in your low back, you're either not hip hinging properly or you're using a bad bracing technique (excessive arching).

Ah I assumed you were doing a 5 3 1 variant.

I feel you about the back pump. You don't have to do the assistance heavy at first, just build up from what's easy. Hyperextensions or something like them always helps me after heavy squats or deadlifts.
To be honest it sounds like you know what you want. What do you think is holding you back on your main lifts? Basically identify that and add assistance to address that weakness. Otherwise just keep going with what is working.

Wrong. The erector spinae is the main stabiliser in the deadlift and basically stops your spine folding in half. Of course it's going to get a pump.
exrx.net/Kinesiology/Deadlift.html

I just updated my excel file cause I forgot the assistance exercises I was doing for Bench + OHP.

Regarding assistance for Squat, I was gonna do Leg Press, but last time I tried doing heavy leg press after heavy squat, I was already thrashed. I might work it back in in the future depending on how I feel.

My right wrist is hurting when i do a certain movement in the top of the wrist where hand and forearm connect (pic related).
I took a rest for two weeks but it still hurts when i do that movement or when i grip hard on something. is it bad if i continue lifting again next week?
What could it possibly be and do i need a doctor?

Also forgot to say that there's no swelling or bruises or anything in that area and as i remember there was no accidents

I would say you do enough lower body intense work and should do some higher rep stuff for both squat and deadlifts like you have for your upper body lifts. Maybe chuck in some bicep stuff as well if you want. Looks good otherwise.

>do bench 5x5 and incline 3x10 with dumbbells every time I do chest
>can 1rm 225 bench, 205 5x5 pretty easily
>struggle with 50 lb dumbbells to do 10 reps on incline
>have a noticeable gap between my pecs because of it
what the FUCK Veeky Forums?

is 4 days on 3 days off ok?

do sideways presses on the chest press machine, sit sideways and keep your arm tucked in, push the handle across your chest

I have a little inflammation in my elbow, what is the best course of action? RICE? And will I be able to bench next week?

If it mostly bothers you when bench pressing, do 2-3 sets of curls first. 50+ reps per set. Get a massive pump and you'll force a ton of fluids into the joint, lubing up everything nicely.

How much weight though? I tried some light reps of preacher curls (5kg below normal weight) yesterday, and I couldn't do 1 rep without feeling my elbow a little.

Yeah, but it's not as good as 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 2 days off. Or something similar, but as long as you're hitting each body part with enough volume, and giving each body part enough rest, then you're good. You could do ULULxxx, for example.

Most likely a flexibility issue, could be something more problematic though.

Take a look at improving you flexibility in general, lot's of people neglect it but stretching regularly can positively affect your lifts.

After regularly stretching for 2 weeks, if it still hurts, go see a doctor.

Probably nothing to do with the lifts and you probably have slight pectus excavatum or something that can affect the way the muscles form on your chest.

>If it mostly bothers you when bench pressing

New to lifting and doing SS. I noticed I don't really sweat or anything from the lifts + warmups. Like I feel sore after but I guess I just anticipated being exhausted by the end of it

Also the whole routine, from stretch to last rep is like 30-40 minutes total. I rest 1-3 minutes between each set and read about some people going anywhere up to 10 minutes which seems excessive.

I guess what I'm asking is is starting strength supposed to be this fucking easy? Idk why I was ever scared of gyms if so

Use RPE to gauge your lifts.

>and read about some people going anywhere up to 10 minutes which seems excessive.
Yeah try 3pl8s squat and above using linear progression.

How many kcals burn run, bike and swim 1 hour at medium intensity, not slow or fast ?

Also imagine i burn 600 kcal running that day, that is 100% the equivalent as eat for example a 600 kcal burguer or pizza? literally the same? because if that the case i would run every day 1 hour and eat everyday something i like

it seems excessive from my perspective*

christ youre a cunt

Jesus take your anger on your gf not me

Are Rear Delt Flyes as good for rotator cuffs as Facepulls are? Can't fucking get the form right on the latter, thinking about switching to the former.

thanks I have a pulse monitor so I'll put it to use

If you had to pick a job what would you choose
Teacher - History
Librarian

Nigger

History teacher. I'd redpill those little guys harder than Dresden got bombed.

hey fellas, I remember that a few months ago there were semi-regular calisthenics threads.
Does any of you have the pastebin for those threads?
have a free wallpaper in exchange

did anyone else struggle when they first started doing dips without feet on the floor? I don't know if I don't trust my shoulders or maybe I just can't yet? It just feels odd

My left pec is slightly larger then my right (about a 4th an inch) should I add 5 pounds to my right arm when I do incline flys or will it even out on it's own?

>Why bodyweight?
youtube.com/watch?v=Q69nII2xTXk
youtube.com/watch?v=q2EpAeXXhhE

>List of body weight progressions
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrSHdrkatK5uyy5a7NQWnamKZVNsfUXw4

>Beginner Routine
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

>Intro to rings training series
youtube.com/watch?v=IaKgh2zwFfQ&index=1&list=PLTRvgIev8CN4Q4w_AUTmdZEB4qx2xpGhI

>Youtube Channels
youtube.com/user/trdic
youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement
youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
youtube.com/user/bboySaza
youtube.com/user/Carucyn

Pastebin - pastebin.com/4hdf1uaP

I hate seeing people that have been in the gym 4-5 days a week for years that have never progressed at all. They've got to be frustrated as hell, especially the ones pissing money away with PTs.

I just want everyone to make it ugh

Training for mass with strength a close second but still hear about low reps only for squats. Am I better doing 5x10 w/80kg or 3x5 w/110kg? Had achieved that with 3x5 then switched to 5x10 and I'm still progressing 5kg a week so surely I'm still increasing my strength by a good bit whilst adding mass?

As long as you're making progress it matters fuck all if you're doing sets of 5 or 10. At some point you may find it hard to progress further, at which point you can sometimes see renewed progress by switching up the rep range.

Will chic fil a once or twice a week ruin my clean bulk IIFMM?

is it true cardio after a workout kills your gains?

Yeah that's why I switched from 3x5 to 5x10, I spent 3 months going from nothing to lmao2pl8 but I read Practical Programming and it's literally 5 rep max gospel.

I found it weird my low rep 1rm was like 120 but then when I did high reps my 1rm went down to 100 and it killed me so much more than 5x10. Like when they say you will talk to God, I get that now...

No. Do your conditioning and just eat a bit more to compensate. The increase in health/work capacity is well worth it and stops you being a fat powerlifter who has to spend 10 minutes resting between sets

At the very least, your TDEE will go up and you'll have to eat more to compensate.

Noob here : If my arms aren't even slightly sore the day after lifting here does that mean I should probably do more?

Sore or not isn't a sign of progress, is your arms getting bigger in a set amount of time/days/weeks/months? Can you lift/curl/whatever more than before?

What is the best alternative to cows milk? I'm looking for protein and the only thing that rivals it in protein is soy milk

Your mom's milk.

When adding accessory work into GSLP, should they be separated into push/pull?

I hope pic isn't related. What accessory work are you doing? Your main compounds should fuck you so much the most you should be doing is curls/pushdowns and at a max one movement to target chest/shoulders/back

What exactly happens if I lift hard while eating at caloric maintenance? Was in a good shape before but stopped lifting for a year. Lost my muscles while gained a small layer of fat on top of my abs.

Do I have no other choice than to bulk and acknowledge that I wont be getting my abs back in a while? I've made very nice muscle and strength gains now in one month without counting calories but I suspect some days I'm on minus and some days on plus.

best ppl routine?

How many kcals burn run, bike and swim 1 hour at medium intensity, not slow or fast ?

Also imagine i burn 600 kcal running that day, that is 100% the equivalent as eat for example a 600 kcal burguer or pizza? literally the same? because if that the case i would run every day 1 hour and eat everyday something i like

Trying to see what would fit into the basic gslp routine pic attached. Mostly need to evaluate which accessory work of the following would yield the best results, since adding all of it would be too taxing.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Incline Dumbbell Chest Fly
Low Cable Crossover
Shoulder Shrug
One Arm Dumbbell Row
Lat Pull Down Machine
Calf Raise
Weighted Crunch

>4 rest days

Damn dude, that sounds boring as fuck.

thanks man

It does, I get bored right now doing a basic 4-day brosplit. Main problem is that I have no access to a barbell, plates or squat rack for the place I moved into so I'm stuck with Dumbbells up to 100lbs or Machines.

On bench days do a shoulder accessory, OHP days a chest accessory. When I ran GSLP I just did the alternative compound for 3x15 with a lighter weight for some hypertrophy. Then 3x12 curls and 3xF tricep pushdowns, worked well enough for me.
>pic related, arm progress in 3 months

Wait how tf you going to do GSLP and squat or deadlift. Move gym.

Good work on your progress, isn't doing shoulder accessories on a bench day going to tax you for the shoulder day?
I can do Squat and Deadlift via smith machine temporarily, albeit not to much weight because of how poor they are for range of motion. Seated Leg Press is an alternative for squat.

Stuck with where I am for now, it'll be 6-12months before I can get to an area with barbells. Used to bench 205, squat 315, deadlift 255, ohp 125.

Holy fuck how long did it take you to reach those arms?

Just did some heavy-ass squats today and my mates want to go out and get plastered. How do I minimize the damage? A bunch of protein shakes before going out?

How can I get triceps with dumbbells? I don't know that many exercises but I somehow gained some biceps from them.

1 Arm Dumbbell Tricep Extension Leaning On Bench
Or pic related, which absolutely kills me but gives sick triceps

i switched from bulking to cutting a couple weeks ago. the lack of energy at the gym is really getting to my head.

Q1) i’ve read i’m supposed to maintain intensity (max weight) but just reduce rep count on my main lifts, but i’ve found it difficult to psych myself up when i can feel that my energy is down. how do you guys psych yourself up to max out when you’re cutting?

Q2) do i need to keep doing accessory lifts if it’s not possible for me to build muscle during a cut? am i wasting time hitting my triceps on skull crushers when eating at a deficit?

I don't have a bench but from looking at what you posted I think I can use a table chair. Thanks.

Been sleeping with this girl for a week straight and she said we had to have the talk soon. She also said she wanted to have sex again before just in case we weren’t on the same page. What did she mean by this? She steals my clothes everyday, so i think she wants to date. Qt Asian with a booty btw.

she wants to be your gf you moron

She sort of came off as the type that doesn’t do relationships. She hooked up with one of my teammates and dubbed him when he asked for more. Then again I’m better looking.

Also she seems really excited to go to date party with me tomorrow

happened to me, married for 3 years now, couldn't be happier

congrats, you made it brah

I'm doing 5/3/1 but I recently got a labour job from 7 to 530. I'm to tired when I get home to go to the gym and when I do I'm weak as shit. I think I'm starting to lose my gains what do?

Three questions similar to this. I'm fine with eating more to compensate
>should I have my post-workout after cardio if I'm doing if directly after lifting?
>Is there anything wrong with cardio later in the day after lifting?
and
>Is cardio on rest days better than on workout days?

lol what is that webm

Would close grip bench press be a suitable replacement for overhead tricep extension?

how many protein scoops is safe a day?

depends on your body weight and how much protein you get outside of scoops

general rule of thumb or roughly .6-1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. So If you're 200 lbs, you should be aiming for 150-200 grams per day. 50 (2 scoops) should come pre workout and 50 should come post workout. Post workout more important though.

Hey guys, how do you know if you should be pulling conventional or sumo? Is it just to try out both and see which one feels the best?

if you're a competitive powerlifter you should consider sumo. If not pull conventional

nice numbers and sure

don't do 5/3/1, it's a meme here is why startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1
go from work to gym to home are you stupid?
no thats clearly enough time. Do you get enough sleep?

So Ive worked my way up to 420 on sumo deadlift but now Im getting pretty bad hip pain on the front of my hips whenever I try to apply power and today I couldnt even get 365 due to pain how do I fix this?
>inb4 angry manlets tell me to fuck off with sumo

Does a beginner necessarily have to do one of the ""beginner"" routines?
I want aesthetic more than anything

yes don't be stupid. no it's not about injury, you'll progress faster with a beginner outine

Sweet, thanks

Thinking of hopping off SL onto another program, maybe Frank Yang's bodybuilding one once I hit 1/2/3/4 for reps. Current stats are for 5x5 at 185 lbs, 5'10":
Squiddly: 315
Biddly: 255
Diddly: 295 (my diddly is shit I know, never trained it much, I was able to do 365 for 2 reps; trying to stick with double overhand grip and going to straps once I can't grip anymore)
O'Hiddly: 150
Should I do that or hop off right now?

I need more info on this.

I would recommend doing an imtermediate strength routine until you hit that 1/2/3/4 before you do any body building routine

Three girls with two fake plates thought of a viral video idea

Thanks mang.

>Is cardio on rest days better than on workout days?

You should be doing cardio most of the week. I personally save the more intense cardio for my rest days, but I still do some cardio on my lift days to make sure I'm meeting the minimum recommendation. This is super important if you don't walk around much during the day.

From the American Heart Association:

For Overall Cardiovascular Health:

At least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity at least 5 days per week for a total of 150

OR
At least 25 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity at least 3 days per week for a total of 75 minutes; or a combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity aerobic activity

AND
Moderate- to high-intensity muscle-strengthening activity at least 2 days per week for additional health benefits.

heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/PhysicalActivity/FitnessBasics/American-Heart-Association-Recommendations-for-Physical-Activity-in-Adults_UCM_307976_Article.jsp

I’m not competing, but I would still like to be in the 1000 pound club. I’m almost at 800 tho. If I do both, will they compliment each other?

5"9 120lbs. Checked for my tdee on many places so I got different results and I don't know which one I should use. Knowing that I want and need to bulk
(16-18*120) gives me between 1900-2200 cals per day. Equation took from the the guide.
On fitness frog my tdee was around 2400 cals per day. That said, the sticky says to take my tdee and add 500 cals to it in order to bulk. What number should I trust What is the final result? Thanks

so I'm starting to squat non-negligible weights (165lbs) and I'm getting this minor pain in my lower back. the pain isn't terrible and it's usually gone by the time the work-out ends but it's pretty scary nonetheless. I don't know if I'm 5lbs away from serious injury.

I feel like I bracing my core as hard as possible, and I don't go low enough to cause butt-wink, so I'm starting to think my core just isn't strong enough in comparison to my legs.

what do you think? should I try to strengthen my core muscles with assistance work? or is this completely normal?

6'1 125lb here, I am basically in your position. I use the app MyFitnessPal, and since it's so fucking convenient I just use the caloric intake goal it gives me.
My maintenance is like 2000ish and my daily calorie goal is 2530, as in that's the number MyFitnessPal gave me.

I'm pretty sure that since eating to one of the higher goals will be safer, as maximizing bulk at the risk of it being a little too much and getting a bit more fat is better than losing out on gains because you're afraid of some fat. I'll worry about it when I cut in an eternity.

Does losing fat actually make your dick bigger?

I've got a muscle strain and started taking ibuprofen for it. I've had depression all week. i used to have it a few years ago but got over it.

Is it giving me depression again?

why the fuck are you posting? like literally what? you’re 5’9 and middle school girl height. get off Veeky Forums and go to the gym, helpess imbecile

Yeah you're right thanks user

anyone?

also rate me process and bf% pic related pls ?

I can’t do any pull-ups and le StrongLifts man says assisted doesn’t help with them. Will it become easier if my other lifts improve and I lose weight?