How not to look like a complete idiot in gym

For last 2 months I've started doing body weight exercises, for the first time in my life I'm doing something for my body. Since I've been pretty skinny I've gained some muscles I can see for the first time in my life, so now i decided to start going to gym, but I have one stupid problem, I don't know how to act in gym. How to put weights and stuff like that, and i don't know how to estimate how much I can lift, I've been doing some exercises with small weights-15kg in one arm, does that mean I should start with ~ 30kg weights in gym?

nobody cares. Grab some light weight and see how it feels. everyone does some warm up reps if you are really concerned.

This. Literally nobody gives a fuck. Just go around trying different weights and see what works

Start off by watching heaps and heaps of youtube videos. Then go at off-peak times to the gym if your self-conscious, don't be afraid to literally open up a video at the gym to see if you are doing the proper form. Seriously no-one gives a fuck, if anything, I can say from my own experience, I'm proud when I see a new person hit that pr, or actually look like the they are putting in effort at the gym.

Literally nobody cares.

You know why so much retarded stuff happens at the gym?
Cause nobody gives enough of a fuck to call them out.

Worst case, someone who cares enough will just kindly tell u what you are doing wrong.

If all else fails, just watch how the regulars do it

This. Retarded shit happens every fucking day (people breaking machines etc) and I've yet to see anyone called out on it

Only time someone will bother you (if you're lucky) is if they see you about to really hurt yourself. Or to ask you how many sets you've got left cos they want to use the equipment after you.

k guys thanks, one more thing, the weight bar alone, wo weights is some 15 kg yes?

you're not supposed to count the bar, only some ego-lifting powerlifters do that to jack up their numbers

>the bar weighs 0kg

>weightlifting is actually called weightandbarlifting
good to know thanks

Most importantly don't bench, deadlift or squat.

Weighted dips, chin ups, goblet squats and kettlebell swings build better muscle and mobility

The fuck does fedora have to do with going to the gym as a beginner?

You can't go to the gym and look like normal, thinking man. Think about it, you're lifing weights for no purpose, just a waste of time. Might aswell go and do some hard labour to get tough.

>lifing weights for no purpose
>no purpose

Are you for real nigga?

yeah I'm for real bitch
do you want to keep talking shit on the internet or wanna give me some of your info so I can contact you and we can set up a fight you little punk pussy fag cuck bitch

You think too much about what other people think. Pretty weak mate.

Start with 0,5plate bench, 1plate squat, 1,5plate deadlift and just the bar ohp. Everything else you'll figure out yourself. Honestly the first time was the worst for me. I almost turned back at the gym door, but forced myself to step in. After a month you'll feel like at home.

Just start with the bar and add little by little. How you look to other people is irrelevant.

You don't lift the bar?

first day at the gym I took a really heavy bar (I forgot to calculate the weight of the bar) off of the wrong rack, tried to hoist it up and ended up pushing it with my head.
even with those levels of retardation nobody said shit, somebody came by and helped me with the basics.
you'll be fine.

i didn't even read your text.

>watch how to do exercises correctly on yt
>go to gym
>do exercises / follow workout
>if you forget how to do an exercise correctly just look at your damn phone and watch the video
>nobody gives a shit about you
>nobody cares how you look

most importantly

>you shouldn't care about others either

There's always going to be someone more clueless than you. At my gym there is a dude that comes in and does smith machine squat, 25lb deadlifts, and locks his legs on the most spastic leg presses I have ever seen. All of this while wearing KNEE HIGH RUBBER BOOTS. No one really cares. Just work on yourself.

25 lbs deadlifts please tell me hes memeing

around 20.4kg or 45lb, considering the standard typical barbell.

embarrassing