How do I lose weight and gain muscle on a vegan diet...

How do I lose weight and gain muscle on a vegan diet? All the foods most rich in protein are soy-based and beans have only 5-6 grams of protein per 100 g.

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2356/2
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/3574/2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mushrooms nigga

Roids

Peas

To lose weight on a vegan diet is easy as fuck, to gain mass be ready to chug down on supplements

Beef has 26g/100g of protein you retard

Your boyfriends semen.

Shut up, actual facts and data are less important than fighting for the vegan cause

>grams
Learn to read you retard

Can you really class a chicken as an animal? They are pretty pathetic and don't offer anything other than eggs and meat. I think you should be OK eating them on a vegan diet but better to check with one of the vegan ayatollahs first

>take roids
>sit on couch all day
>eating junk food and snacks
>still gains more than lifting gymcel with perfect macros
protein for gains is a meme let me tell you all

Mushrooms have 3 grams of protein per 100 g. I need around 145 grams of protein per day for optimal muscle gain, so I would have to eat 5 kgs of mushrooms every day to get all my protein.

No thanks.

According to google, broccoli have less than 9 grams of protein per 100 calories, but let's say it's 11. Yes, it's a good protein/calories ratio, but I don't want to eat 5 kgs of broccoli every day, that's insane.

Peas have 5 grams.

What kinds of supplements? Protein powder?

Lentils are good i guess

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2356/2
vs.
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/3574/2

according to nutritiondata.self.com
you're a fucking retard.
Broccoli is not even a full protein. (granted the meat sample linked in this post isn't either, but it's close, and more importantly, it's a common meat product).

Not him, but you also have to take density into the equation. You will have to eat 4-5 times the volume of broccoli as beef which really sucks.

rice protein is best apparently, just stay away from that soy shit.

> How do I lose weight and gain muscle at the same time.

If you can explain to me how you are going to build mass while simoultaniously losing it I will tell you.

Are you even trying? Do some cardio if you can't hit your protein macros.

Google says they have 9 grams of protein, but the ones I find at the supermarket have 5-6.

By getting enough protein while keeping the calories low? According to fitness gurus, it's possible for beginners (like me) to do it, they call it 'body recomposition'.

high protein, low total calorie diet.

>Lose weight
>Gain muscle
>Simultaneously
>Vegan diet

Pffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttt

>vegan diet?
you stop being a soyboi faggot and start eating meat or using whey. (or both)

Eating for your goals sometimes requires that you put in a bare minimum of effort. Pic related includes 75 Calories (7.5 cups) of kale and spinach. If you can't force-feed yourself, get a blender.

9 grams must be for cooked. Raw lentils have around 25g per 100, but also like 60g of carbs

gluten

Just eat your necessary calories in whatever the fuck you want that's vegan and fairly healthy then if you're lacking protein, sub out some fat/carbs and get a myprotein vegan protein and you're good.

So beginners somehow don't require energy for protein to be converted into lean muscle mass?

brown rice protein powder is good, even unflavored its just sort of tasteless and sandy but mixes well.

Yeah but maybe that energy comes from the fat they're burning, I don't know.

eat soy you fucker

don't listen to this guy. Soy is bad for you, and contains phytoestrogens which turn you into a man-bitch.

wouldn't it be possible for some of the consumed protein to be used for energy to convert the rest of the consumed protein into lean muscle mass? theoretically anyway.

If I was a professional athlete or bodybuilder, I would agree with you, but I'm just an average guy trying to get stronger and look better. Working out and eating well isn't enough effort?

Nice try, buzzfeed.

Anyway, I think I'll just buy some protein powder and see how I like it. Thanks to everyone who has replied.

>Working out and eating well isn't enough effort?
not if you're a veggie faggot. If you're a normal person then yes it is.

learn to make seitan, densest source of protein you can get.

>100g gluten flour (I sub in a third chickpea flour tastes better)
>25g nutritional yeast
>oil, up to you i like a lot maybe 30ml
>water, can't remember the exact amount but about 150ml look up recipes
>1-2 tbsp soy sauce or salt to taste
>any spices/extras you want, I alwats use onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and veg stock. herbs work great too, tomato paste, miso, mustard and so on
>mix it all up like dough and then make whatever shape you want, it will expand when cooking fyi
>i like to wrap the pieces in baking paper and steam for an hour

experiment and find what you like. It's easy and absolutely worth learning how to make and can go in anything from burgers to curry.

>I'm just an average guy trying to get stronger and look better
And I'm just an average guy who wants to drop 5-10 pounds for his triathlon in July without losing the muscle I've built. It takes me all of about five minutes to put my food into Cronometer, and I snack throughout the day to make sure I don't lose weight too fast.
post body

no

>google 'seitan protein content'
>75 g

Holy crap. This sounds too good to be true, why isn't everyone eating it?

I don't even have a smartphone, but that's not the problem. I just don't want to spend all my spare time eating. What snacks do you eat?

people are afraid of gluten

That's amazing, but what is the amino acid profile of that protein? is it a full protein source?

This. OP is a faggot who didn't read the sticky

gluten is only missing lysine. But chickpea flour happens to have that anyway. You can thank chinese Buddhists monks those clever bastards.

Eat soy. Don't believe the meme.

>meatcucks ITT: BUT WHERE DO I GET MY PROTEIN WITHOUT MURDER

Serious question. Is it vegan to swallow cum?

nuts: almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts (PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES)
oatmeal + protein added almond milk
pumpkin seeds have a whole lot of protein
protein powder. I like pea protein
beans are great, eat beans. lentils are great too

Vegan manlets: eating animals is the same as killing humans

Nobody argued this. Also less nutrient deficiencies = taller. Projecting your height onto this big, bad, tall vegans makes you feel better?

>doing research to respond to bait

are you sure he's the retard?

Nobody argued this.
However, less nutrient deficiencies = taller. Projecting your height onto this big, bad, tall, healthy vegans makes you feel better about your height user?
Too bad your parents didn't raise you vegan.

Beans, lentils and legumes mostly.

I've been vegan for about 4 days and I'm struggling to reach my protein macros as well. I might just make an exception for milk & whey.

>lose weight
>gain muscle
>vegan diet
pick one and only one

TVP is a good meat substitute. You've been eating it all your life already since food company like saving money by mixing it in with meat.

Nutritional yeast is 50% protein. I buy it by the barrel. Just dump that bitch on anything you want to taste cheesy.

Beans and rice. Generally eating anything decently rich in protein to your TDEE+x will meet your protein goal if youre not inhaling doritos and soda.

Seitan is like 95% protein. Tofu is high in protein. Nuts are high in protein. TVP and rice. Pea powder in cashew milk. It's not hard at all.