Disabled Martial Arts

Hi Veeky Forums, I would like to start doing some Martial Arts, I was trying to find something good for me

I will explain the situation shortly: I am half blind and I live in the costant fear of a nerve "pulling off" if I get a trauma involving the head

Is there any martial art that I could perform?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ekRNcVRY4ns
budokanfirenze.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To be completely honest... not really.

You could try to learn BJJ but you'd need to have very considerate rolling partners and/or instructor so you don't accidentally get bashed in the head.

Any striking arts are out of the question.

>that filename

Unironically Ninjutsu. Also use google

top kek

BJJ sounds great OP. It's mostly grappling. Once you're grappling you could use your sense of touch to know how the opponent is moving and counter.

So Brasilian Ju-Jitsu?

What about karate, judo, kendo, aikido...?

Why are we laughing? This is just tragic. I'm not sure whether to encourage the guy for trying, or just think he should stop embarassing himself.

>I will explain the situation shortly: I am half blind and I live in the costant fear of a nerve "pulling off" if I get a trauma involving the head

I am of havin' one eye and biopic on second.
Was doing MMA/grappling/Sambo for 4 year, problems weren't.
If you have good trainer and good buddies there is no place for trauma of the head.
But consider your state carefully.
Safety first.

If your vision is shit and you don't want head trauma I would recommend that you do not do striking martial arts. I would recommend either judo or bjj.

Blind judokas are actually fairly common.

youtube.com/watch?v=ekRNcVRY4ns

desu I have no idea how they do it. You're barely able to tell. I watched a blind judoka spar with a normal dude once and the blind guy kicked ass.

Disabled karate is pathetic. As someone who used to train karate daily for most of my life... I've seen disabled students come and go. They pay their entry fee each class and then spend an hour spinning on one foot punching the air.

Judo - Do you not think your head will take some knocks while being thrown and while throwing?

Kendo - bullshit

aikido - bullshit

The only hope you have of learning a martial art without taking knocks to the head is BJJ.... UNLESS you go to what is called a "mcdojo" and don't actually do anything useful... There are plenty of martial arts "instructors" very willing to take your money to watch you standing in a corner kicking for no reason with zero form... And unfortunately these are usually the places that advertise that they accommodate for the disabled/ less abled.

>Judo - Do you not think your head will take some knocks while being thrown and while throwing?
Literally the first thing you learn in judo is to break fall which absorbs the shock of the throw and prevents your head from hitting the ground. If you watch any judo competitions you would see very rarely judokas dropping head first into the mat.

OP here
Thank you guys foe the suggestions: so you finally suggest either Ju Jitsu or BJJ, right?
I would love to do judo, but my brother did it when he was 11 and I would not like copying him

>but my brother did it when he was 11 and I would not like copying him

are you retarded?

t. Odin

underage b8

I would like doing something that could be considered "unique" and many friends of mine do judo as well

I am 24

So, JuJitsu or BJJ?

Don't do anything just stay home order a couple of nunchucks off of eBay and jerk off with them. Someone with your mentality will quit within a month. You're not serious.

>So, JuJitsu or BJJ?

Sambo, you retard.

t. Odin.

Link clubs or dojos you're interested in and we'll let you know what's legit and what's bullshit

I am in Italy, but I checked this dojo in my area
budokanfirenze.net/

You may be right, user, but if I do not try, how can I know it?

No it's bullshit next