When did you realize whey, preworkout and supplements in general were complete scams?

when did you realize whey, preworkout and supplements in general were complete scams?
adequate protein is like the easiest thing to get, even as a vegan. most people can easily surpass the required amount of protein without even trying

Other urls found in this thread:

physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/japplphysiol.00076.2009
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When I started lifting again after cooking my own food. Very easy to get enough protons a day... unless you’re actually too busy and not lazy to cook then proton powder is good. Otherwise just fucking eat real food

I can make tasty stuff with proton powder so I can have sweet stuff since besides it, my entire diet is whole food

I put it in to flavor my shakes at this point. Got like 3kg of it for $60 bucks so I'm satisfied.

I like protein powder because the shakes taste good and because of it I can eat the garbage at my work cafeteria.

In many countries, it's the cheapest protein.

Whey is some of the best for MPS, casein for losing fat and gaining muscle.

Supplements are the best way of getting proper (according to science) amounts of vitamin C (up to 14g/d or so), metabolites of NAD and ATP, etc.

In summary, 0/10.

I only use protein powder when I know I won't have time to eat before or after workout.
It's handy to have in the kitchen.

lol,how about some actual sources to go along with these claims?

you do realize any study like this is done with the subjects in a fasted state right? if they just let them ate whatever they wanted there'd be too man variables to account for.
of course MPS will varying depending on the protein they get in, because they are taking in the protein in a fasted state.

The argument being..

Protein Powder and Creatine are legit. Everything else is pretty useless.

>flavoured caffeine and a cheap, convenient source of protein are scams bro!

Zinc, Vitamin A C D, Magnesium and Ashwagandha are all good and useful

Any protein would have a similar effect

I like preworkout a lot, not often.

Amino energy caffeine free is usually my favorite, cheap and gives god tier pumps

I classify vitamins as a different thing than bodybuilding supplements.

Whey is superior for MPS than casein due to having a higher Leucine content which allows it to reach the dubbed 'leucine trigger' that causes accelerated synthesis following protein consumption.

Fair enough

the argument being is that in a fasted state, you can make anything look like it has a positive impact. But when you account for the rest of the days diet, it doesn't MATTER that you broke your fast with whey that gives 93% greater MPS than casein, or soy that gives 18% less MPS than whey. Everything evens out after you eat the rest of the food for the day.
You could break your fast with a peanut butter sandwich, and as long as you get enough protein for the rest of the day, it would make no difference than if you had had the whey.

When I'm cutting hard though, protein powder does the job for allowing me to hit my macros without using like 400+ calories on fucking chicken alone

yes. it is superior for MPS than casein... once again, this is measured and seen due to the subjects coming out of a fasted state.
how effective something is for your MPS coming out of a fasted state doesn't matter. Everything evens out after you eat the rest of your adequate amount calories and protein for the day.

Actually it does matter on the content and amount of protein ingested post exercise/fast in order to stimulate synthesis.

The pic attached shows how MPS is elevated postprandial and decreases over time, with sufficient Leucine ingestion (which is highest in whey) you will usually have an elevated window of around 4 hours of MPS before you once again return to a fasted protein breakdown (MPB).

preworkouts are 100% scam and are arguably dangerous, that isn't even up for debate.
as far as protein being cheap, it varies.
convenience is a myth. most people who drink whey shakes aren't drinking them out of convenience, they're drinking them because they heard that they need them for optimal growth.
if they cared about convenience they'd have greek yogurt instead. don't need to wash out a cup, just open, eat, and throw away.

Based on..

The same article has the same procedures though, making the effects properly proportionate to the other types of protein.

>Whey protein is acid soluble and thus is digested quickly and results in a pronounced aminoacidemia.

PS,

>Several studies examining the consumption of whole proteins have found that the type of protein, and not simply its amino acid composition, can differentially modulate the anabolic response

physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/japplphysiol.00076.2009