Spiritual Gains Thread

Are you at peace, user?

Do you meditate, or pray?

Meditate erry day babbyy!

20 minutes of meditation a day, 5 in the morning before showering 15 in the evening after working out.
i'm a lot more relaxed and am more at peace with myself and the world

Do you know if it's had any effect on your heart rate/blood pressure? Or is that just a meme.

Not him but no discernible difference but then again, my blood pressure is with in normal limits.

PRAY THE ROSARY

Following a religious experience a few years ago, I'm embraced an esoteric form of Christianity. Only through embracing suffering and overcoming adversity can you make yourself worthy of salvation.

I like to hang out in the woods near where I live and feed wildlife. Crows, squirrels, sometimes raccoons and deer. I don't get close to the deer though, those fuckers have diseases and ticks.

No, I’m at war
If god is real he can kiss my ass. Like Sisyphus I shall defy destiny, like Ahab I will curse the world to my grave, and like humanity has always done, I will overcome the impossible

I pray everyday for God to help me, but i cant see or feel his help. Im doing everything I can and i still feel like shit on the inside.

There is no such thing as the spiritual.

At a minimum I pray every night when I lay down in bed. It's a habit I picked up when I was about 8 years old. I can't fall asleep if I don't do it. My life isn't perfect, but I do have a lot less stress than most people I know.

I sleep for 16+ hours sometimes. Does that count as spiritual, or am I just depressed?

>*unsheathes katana*

An hour of self flagelation post workout whilst repenting my sins.
Works a treat.

That’s fine
I see there is no meaning in life, so I will make my own meaning

Said every mass murderer ever.

Im at total peace and I am not afraid of death

I'm atheist.

Try to go to morning prayers at my church at 6am. Day always goes better when I do

If you have to work to be saved, it’s not christianity

>help out at Ash Wednesday morning service
>go into work later, casually wondering how this will affect how clients see me
>new client comes in for meeting
>”you went to church! You’re a good man, your mother should be proud”
Felt good mang

I pray when I can. I pray to the creator. I meditate on scriptures I've read. Am I at peace? Sometimes. I get headaches a lot of the time, see.
I take on being a christian because
the end times are here.
Spirit creatures are real. For example, Egyptian deities are bad angels.. why would fortune tellers play around with that SHIT if nothing came of it?

>be orthodox
>lent starts next week
>one meal a day most days
>no meals a day some other days
>almost entirely vegan
>no fapps
>no sex
>told fat fwb to take a hike because without benefits i'm just friends with a fat person
>lighter training cause it's essentially an aggressive cut
>spend all the extra time in church

Feels good knowing I can spend seven weeks on thot patrol regret-free

Working out again has now given me a much more better state of mind and confidence in myself. I actually can't wait to go to the gym tomorrow.
I try n meditate once I while but most of the time I'd rather be doing errands and other stuff.

>orthodox
>lent
>no sex
>something you shouldn't be having before marriage anyway
>fwb
>orthodox
yeah, but are you?

Enough to keep myself at peace and my confessions juicy

>all these postmodern degenerates meditating
>not finding comfort and peace in talking to the Lord Jesus Christ about your hopes, needs and worries
This world disgusts me

Why don’t you try out some real religion instead of that nonwhite pseudo spiritual garbage of the bible

t.western Buddhist
Traditional Catholicism IS the true way

Fpbp. What kind of meditation tho?
>western Buddhist
Man, so many western "Buddhists" are so cringy and really give Buddhism a bad name. It's unfair, but man will do anything for attention and validation, I guess.
Try an hour a day. I cannot do it, because I have so very little time, but whenever I can and have the energy, I go for 1hour/day. What kind of meditation?

I feel so much better since I started viapssana meditation. It basically cured my anxiety, and all that bad stuff, I'm chill 24/7, Im not an edgy kid, I don't hate everyone or anyone anymore, I don't even crave sex anymore, just sometimes (you need A LOT of work to kill your libido without negative effects), and no matter what, I will always be content and atpeace. I'm at peace when I'm in class, home, in the gym, wherever I am, I am at peace and content. Nothing affects me negatively anymore. There is no effective way to describe it, to be honest. I have contemplated Nibbana. Oh boy, if it isn't marvelous. I thank the Buddha and my master infinitely, and the Sangha.
Man, I wish I could share this with you all, but most of you will just disregard this post as pure memes.
I feel I'm on another level. I still suffer. But oh boy, how have I reduced it.
Serenity, guys. Serenity. Pure serenity.
>t. Sotapanna Theravada buddhist

I used to be Christian as a kid. It did not end my suffering. It didn't help one single bit. The world kept being shit. The only thing Christianity is worship of something unknown and unknowable, something that gives you nothing but a trivial sense of community and basic human behaviour. It gives nothing. It doesn't propose a clearly defined way of proving itself and ending suffering. It's only contradiction after contradiction. It offers no method into knowledge apart from a book written by some dudes many years later than Jesus's death.

Now gnosticism, that is another thing completely.

This is the view of Christianity you get if you only listen to preachers and never do your own bible study.

*tips*

Pick up your cross and do your best user

What do you need help with?

dude its scientifically proven that meditation changes your brain. you claim to be a christian yet are so judgemental of others. what would christ think about your way of thinking?

Meditating is p much the same as napping, so yes I meditate.

slow breathing, focus , chill, refresh, re-energize, w/e. theres no meaning behind it besides taking a moment to reset your brain.

More than likely someone who is ignorant of ancient Christian meditation practices.

If you are feeling anything then you are feeling God user.

>postmodern
You don't know what this word means you Peterson parrot

This! A rea

learn about existentialism

Is a fine moral impulse

This is simultaneously fedora and something I can understand.

thanks for this, listening to the first one now.
>Overcoming rejection, part 1

Meditation is the easiest and most convenient way to achieve greater awareness. Mindfulness meditation and focusing on breath is great but it's not my favorite. The most effective way to meditate is to just stare at a wall for at least 3 hours. Preferably more. Don't do anything except look at the wall. It's not like other meditation where you have to put in effort to achieve the altered state of consciousness. After a while (2-3 hours) fighting the experience becomes increasingly futile and you drift into the altered state. This meditation creates a new perspective where you can see how futile it is to assign an emotional response to whatever feeling or thought happens to appear in your head because you can see more clearly that these thoughts are temporary and unjustified. This might sound silly but it works and doesn't have to be done everyday or even every month. Just a valuable experience to have.

>talks about how Gnosticism is the way
>doesn't realize Christians believing in their god quite simply makes it real for them
I see you are foolish

Call me weaboo (I am one), but I've been reading "The Essence of Shinto." As I understand based on Yamakage's writings, shinto is a form of nature worship which largely seems like a mystical spin on good sense. While an organized, ritualized form of shinto doesn't appeal to me, I think we can learn a lot from the core philosophy of respect for the world around us, respect for ourselves, and learning to live clean, morally sound lives. Being Veeky Forums can definitely be part of this, but we must also learn to connect with and understand the world around us, particularly the natural world. We're a bunch of autists who, let's face it, probably only leave the house for work and working out. Go get your cardio in nature by taking a hike or jogging in the park. You'll feel good if you go /out/ a little. Nature is special. Go enjoy it.

I pray every night before I go to bed. Just a little prayer to ask God to keep watching over me and those around me, and to thank Him for all he's given me.

I think that having faith in a greater power is something everyone should have. I pray almost every night. A small prayer asking God to watch over me and my loved ones, and to thank him for everything I've received. My family's going through some trouble atm so I'm going to drop by the church after my bio exam for a prayer and to light a candle and then I'll be off to the gym. Hopefully I will succeed on my exam tomorrow.

No, it's not Christianity if you can be saved through works. It's arguably not certain if you can be saved without works.

They aren't the same thing.

I go through cycles of being really good about reading my Bible and meditating on its meaning and then falling out of the habit. Similar to , when I do read it, my day is always better. My goal is to finally read the whole Bible from start to finish. So far I have been doing well this year.
Good luck user! Study hard and God bless you.

i don't meditate but i'm in the default mode network all the time throughout my day. i think i check my phone less than the average bear and i like doing only one thing at a time

James is clear that faith and works are inseparable. Just calling yourself a Christian but never showing that in your behavior is not enough, just as just being a decent person is not enough.

GRUG PRAY TO SKYGRUG AND OFFER GOAT CARCASS AS OFFERING

MAYBE IF GRUG GOOD BOY HE GET GRUG WIFE

Does the Bible offer a method kill all suffering permanently based on experience, so I can see for myself the truth it preaches? Or is it all just
>It's true because I tell you it's true
?

>being this outraged at someone knowing a word
kek

My nigga. Keep on fighting the good fight, I’m right there with you.

all life is suffering
the moment you accept this is the moment you attain inner peace

Christ literally chose to be flayed and crucified, then carried his cross to his place of death, suffering on it for hours.
However he did it to sacrifice himself for the good of the world.
The new testament is about self sacrifice for the benefit of others.

I'm more at peace than I've ever been. My spiritual life is actually the reason why I want to get fit. When I take the vows and become a monk I want to be useful.

What form of Christianity have you found fella?

Catholic. I'm very drawn to the Dominicans and Trappists, and am discerning with both of them for the time being.

Meditation has been around for thousands of years, how is postmodern you absolute nigger?