Pathetic peterson watching fatty doing cardio

I saw a fat (chubby but fat by fit standards) guy at my gym, he was using a cardio meme bike and watching a jordan peterson video..

whats the likelihood that he browses Veeky Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

provost.utoronto.ca/awards/Distinguished_Professors.htm
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/615e3z/i_am_dr_jordan_b_peterson_u_of_t_professor/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>insulting someone improving themselves
wow how insecure of you, you’re the pathetic one

People taking advice from peterson is like a pleb filter, you instantly know they're not good at thinking for themselves

>cardio meme bike
that's what I call ur mum lmao

>whats the likelihood that he browses Veeky Forums ?
it was me

>I saw a fat (chubby but fat by fit standards) guy at my gym
who the fuck cares. Good for him!

>hur, I just went to my gym for the first time
>lol saw a fat person
>i'm not fat, I'm Veeky Forums
>better go bond with my Veeky Forums bros and rag on fat people

Some of us used to be fat.
Some of us used to be skelly.
Everyone has to start somewhere.

Fuck off and never return.

you aren't wrong
you're an asshole, but you aren't wrong

I got your back senpai. Good job going to the gym today, keep it up.
If you have any questions, we're here for you.

There's a decent difference between taking unfiltered advice from the man and just listening to a lecture series for education's sake. Just because somebody's watching JBP's vids doesn't mean they're mindless drones.

petersons whole deal is pretty much about making people think for themselves, youre being silly.

Found the butthurt fat brainlet

Peterson is huckster who's taken on as a daddy figure in his following. There is also lot raw about his deal, Faith Goldy and Solzhenitsyn incidents are first to mind.

hahaha fuck that guy for trying

In my country we legit call roasties bikes so I kek'd

I agree, that's the point

youre grasping at straws, hes just telling people to sort themselves out, take responsibility and become a competent member of society, and hes doing it for free for the most part.

this , ha ha . what a faggot

He says nothing new or insightful. I don't see how someone thinking for themselves wouldn't have already reached the same conclusions years ago if they really believe in them.

He's a good intro to reading Jung, Piaget and many others

>He's a good intro
Again, pleb filter

i dont know about new, but he certainly says insightful things, extremely insightful things even. You dont even have a clue what conclusions he reaches because i doubt youve even listened to more than an hour of him talking. I mean youre literally saying that this professor who studied psychology, philosophy, history, literature, religion and many other things for over 30 years, has nothing insightful to say, nothing you already figured out yourself. He even helped people who are way better and more successful and youll ever be. So i cant understand this sheer arrogance of yours.

but he makes more off patreon and selling online iq/personality tests than he did as a lecturer. He isn't quite forthright.

I'm not going to rant about this but it's clear Peterson's knowledge outside of his own field is not advanced.
The fact that his own university doesn't list him as a notable professor also shows he's not all that his internet cult hypes him up to be, and as a result you're right, I have to wasted hours listening to him on youtube since there's no reason for me to do so.

I have NOT wasted hours listening to him is what I meant to write

found the bike fatty

are you fucking retarded? the money he makes from patreon is because people GIVE IT TO HIM, VOLUNTARILY, after consuming up to 500 hours of FREE CONTENT. He never even asked for donations as far as i know.
And the personality tests are not free because hes not the only one who worked on them and making them free would make their statistics worthless amongst other things. But why would they be free anyway, there is literally no reason why something he and other people worked on would be simply be free.

why do you have to apply such incredible mental gymnastics to try to discredit him, why not just find a flaw in his most basic arguments, which are very easy to understand and which makes up most of his popularity. There is a 1 hour talk where he briefly goes over his 12 rules for life, they are very easy to understand and yet show that he thought about them for many years. There is nothing in there that is fundamentally flawed or could lead to bad outcomes if followed, but if you think they do, people tell me about it.

So why do you hate a man who makes money from helping people (and has done it for free before that), and he undeniably has helped many people, maybe even millions at this point.

Peterson is ok for the most part. He says really obvious things but I can understand why fat NEETs would put him on an altar.

If you want something in life, you have to work for it. Big shocker. You won't build a powerful company sitting on your ass watching anime and playing video games all day every fucking day.

>mental gymnastics
>find a flaw in his most basic arguments
Peterson shill damage control. I said he had nothing new or insightful to say senpai, you're the one changing goalposts here.
He's a pleb filter pure and simple, it's also how he makes money since only an idiot would pay for his merch and basic advice.

Man your attitude is twisted. You're berating a guy for trying to improve himself and Peterson has helped lots of people to get their shit together. I hate fatties but I respect people who work on themselves, I'm not a Peterson fan but the man has done some good things.

>I said he had nothing new or insightful to say
can you really look at your posts and think this is what you said? fucking delusional.

Don't get so worked about this stuff. Jesus Christ himself could come down, start performing miracles on the streets (videotaped) and there would still be people out there trying to discredit him.

i get worked up because what they say is so dishonest, uninformed and arrogant that i can hardly believe it. its on the same lvl as people saying they could beat mcgreggor in a fair fight.

I think it's rather clear here
I do say it literally word for word

UoT is a shithole though, man. Sure, it's one of the highest rated universities in Canada, but it's a degree mill with mediocre programs and no emphasis placed on students.

OP was probably mad because the fat dude was 6'+ and OP is clearly 5'5 judging from his insecurity.

again, no you didnt, but its my fault, i shouldve said "do you really think that is ALL you said" because now you can easily flipflop back and act like you just said something really basic and generic. but let me lay it out for you.

>I don't see how someone thinking for themselves wouldn't have already reached the same conclusions years ago if they really believe in them.
first you display your unlimited arrogance and then
>I have NOT wasted hours listening to him is what I meant to write
you say you dont even have the slightest clue what his conclusions are

>it's clear Peterson's knowledge outside of his own field is not advanced.
its not clear, because as you stated you have no clue about his knowledge and even if that was true it doesnt invalidate his arguments which dont need you to have any special knowledge to follow, and again, if you cant point to any flaws in his most basic arguments then why would talk shit about "advanced knowledge outside his field". fucking retard.

>The fact that his own university doesn't list him as a notable professor...
you really want me to believe that you know shit about his university? did you do research or do you just know also about this specific university? what does notable professor even mean, does every university put out a list of notable professors? what in the fuck even. and EVEN IF that was true, it still doesnt say anything about the validity of his arguments, which you of course never addressed.

tl;dr youre either a fucking retard or dishonest on purpose.

found the finder!!!

He literally admitted he has Jewish friends. Why the fuck would anyone take advice from him?

provost.utoronto.ca/awards/Distinguished_Professors.htm
>ctrl f peterson: 0 results

>you dont even have the slightest clue what his conclusions are
anyone can google his 12 rules senpai, none of them are particularly ground breaking

Meanwhile not a single argument agaisnt him being anything but a pleb filter

found the finder finder

As a psychology graduate in medical school, I love how he always ties funamdnetal lessons of psychology into his lectures. I can already think for myself, but his lectures bring up interesting ideas I'm not used to

you are the type of cunt who deserves the hell of communism.

lol you got so far thinking for yourself, posting on Veeky Forums and all.

must have taken a lot of brain power to point that out

His university is run by virtue-signaling libtards who are too afraid of offending a small minority

Well he has evidently helped alot of people so clearly people need to hear whatever he's preaching

100% this. No serious academic considers
> Jordan Peterson
> Sam Harris
> Stephen Molyneux
> Ben Shapiro
> etc
to be serious representatives of their fields. At best they're motivational speakers, at worst their willfully spreading disingenuous claims or outright falsehoods.

back to jewbook and r/fitness for you

>Lumping in someone who doesn't have an inherent bias with three people that do

alright autist

Please provide facts before/during slandering people's names saying they don't provide facts

>Jordan Peterson
>man with published papers, three decades of experience and years of lecturing behind him
>not taken seriously

>gives common sense dad advice
>REVOLUTIONARY WOW INTELLECTUAL OF OUR TIMES

This. If you need to take advice from him, you've clearly failed at some of the most basic common sense aspects of your life. The people praising him are basically suddenly enlightened idiots. Its the same reason why we don't praise niggers for reading.

shieeeeeet

Cringy debates aside, HAVE YOU CLEANED YOUR ROOM TODAY Veeky Forums?!?!?!

How do I know you're too young to be in college? "serious academic" fucking lol

If you grew up with a Dad that gave/gives advise anywhere near 1/10th Peterson does than you were lucky.

My dad barely says anything besides, “don’t be a shit cunt” and that’s it. No actual specific information on life or how to deal with life problems. Not all of us grew up with super involved intelligent and wise fathers, most of our fathers are boomers, most of whom weren’t taught to think for themselves and they continued that on with us.

My parents are still married after 35 years and even now my dad wouldn’t know how to give any kind of advice if he’s life depended on it.

What I’m saying here is that by age 15 or so I realised my father was a dumb cunt who couldn’t offer any advice.

I’m 30 now and 1000x more wise than my father ever was, and now I’m the one telling him what to do.

Fucking phone posting

What I also meant to include here is that the only reason I’ve become knowledgeable is because of browsing the internet finding people like JP, he’s just one of many.

Wow it's yet another memerson vendetta thread. This time it's on Veeky Forums. Surely associating him with fat people will make those manbabies and meatheads hate him as much as I do!

>Jordan Peterson
>Several successful published books
>Dozens and dozens of published peer reviewed articles
>Literally thousands of citations

>What is a metaphor that can be applied literally and figuratively

Did you think Jesus was made of bread when he said "I am the bread of life" ?

Go back to /pol/, no one cares Amerimutt.

>I'm 1000x more wise than my father ever was
>I’ve become knowledgeable because of [...] people like JP

Yeah, alright man.
Sounds like you've failed the only thing your dad wanted from you, not being a shit cunt

>labels 3 anti-radical left political commentators from a spectrum of political camps and 1 clinical psychologist together
>"serious academic"
>can't even spell the name of the people he's making claims about
>thinks they all belong to one field
Fucking leftists need to stop getting their opinions from Vice articles that pop up on FaceCuck

>he doesn't have jewish friends
prime goyim

>Literally thousands of citations
Thought I'd check on this and wow nice.
I have google scholar alerts for several computer scientists and I think the max h-index for any one of them is 40.

He's definitely no obscure slouch.

So you're telling me that without hearing anything this professor lectures about, you dismiss and criticize him and his followers based on the fact the university he works at doesn't distinguish him.

What university do you teach at..?

Holy shit this is THE absolute cringiest fucking origin story ive read in a long time. Give the dad in this story some religious belief and replace JP with Richard Dawkins and it reads like a fedoralords diary.

>people self-improving via the books and lectures of a renowned psychologist
>this is bad because Peterson doesn't fall in line with left-wing agenda

>if I assume enough things there's no way he can argue against me!

Looks like his assumptions are correct by the way you dodged all of them and failed to provide any argument of your own.

>distort what person says in such a way to make them seem unreasonable
>get called out
>haha I win
ok

jp has been a professor of psycholgy for decades at some of the best universities in the world.

what could he possibly have to say.
you r right, probably nothing good

Got 'em. Fpbp.

I want to date a Jewess.

I didn't assume anything. The entire argument you are making is based on assumptions of peterson's knowledge and works are for plebs without providing any proof to give argument other than insecure arrogance and that he isn't a distinguished teacher at his university.

Last I checked no one on the internet was worshipping me

Considering his mission is to "rescue the wisdom of the past," I don't think novelty is his selling point, tbqh. Seems like an uninformed criticism.

Go back to R*ddit.

>implying Peterson isn't on par with Harris as being the most reddit academic to be shilled on Veeky Forums

Lel, I'm 200 lbs at 14% bf and I may have done this a few times. Seated Cycle, right? I wear very baggy shirts so all you see are my big arms and some chest.

It was me, OP. AMA

>Leftcuck central
>Peterson fans
L-LOL?!

How is he not forthright? He is not hiding the fact that he has a patreon. You just don’t like the idea of young men uncucking themselves and you’ll say anything to try to slander Peterson’s name.

>>>/leftypol/

This is what it all comes down to really.

He literally did an AMA on reddit mate, all it took was a google to find this out
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/615e3z/i_am_dr_jordan_b_peterson_u_of_t_professor/

Not to mention how poorly he answers some of these questions
>You said once that you believe Nietzsche went mad because of the invasion of the hero archetype into the conscious ego, and that that was an experience that was powerful enough to have a psychotic component. Could you expand on that? Secondly, now that you are embodying the hero archetype in the minds of so many (on Twitter, you even described yourself as a 'meme attractor'), what steps are you taking to keep yourself from falling into the same trap as Nietzsche?
>My wife keeps me from identifying too much with the archetype :) Seriously, though, I have people around who keep my feet on the ground. Sanity is something better outsourced.
And people say this guy doesn't pretend to be a philosopher

as dumb as petersonmania is, leave the man alone

Dude don't be mean to people. everyone starts somewhere. At least this guy has the ability to self reflect and realize he needs to improve himself. we've all been where he is and it sucks. I hope he gets his life to where he wants it.

you anons are so cute

His answers are shit because he's replying to thousands of reddit retards at once.

>My God is the spirit that is trying to elevate Being. My God is the spirit that makes everything come together. My God is the spirit that makes order out of chaos and then recasts order when it has become too limiting. My God is the spirit of truth incarnate.
>None of that is supernatural. It is instead what is most real.
>It depends on what you mean by pray.
>I don't ask God for favors, if that's what you mean.
Even IF you somehow agree with this, can you at least accept why people don't take him seriously.

what cult teachings are these?

>trying to understand Peterson without a grasp of philosophy
Why?

>i was at the gym
>i was looking around and snooping around in other peoples business rather than being only focused on myself and getting in the zone
kys fag

We found him boys.

>fatass is trying to improve himself both physically and as a personality
>haha what a faggot better make a thread about him on Veeky Forums!

Peterson himself doesn't have a grasp of philosophy. His definition of God is nonsensical and on top of that he advocates for christian morality when his concept of God is clearly that of an immanent one.
It's completely illogical.
Not to mention he either doesn't understand the definition of supernatural or he's making up his own definition of spirit.