Thoughts on this guy? I started lifting two weeks ago and found his videos while looking for squat form tips

Thoughts on this guy? I started lifting two weeks ago and found his videos while looking for squat form tips.
He sounds knowledgeable but I don't really know anything about lifting.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BafRCDzFHZt/?hl=en&taken-by=untamedstrength
youtube.com/watch?v=vmNPOjaGrVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hes not bad, people hate on him for his weird body

cuz he looks like shit despite impressive numbers. The problem is that he could look amazing, he just chooses to look like shit because he drank a gallon of the power lifting kool aid

Well, as long as his advice is solid I don't really care about his looks.

I thought his squat advice was the best of all the fitness youtubers. Helped me out alot.

I think hes cute.

One of the best channels imo. He does a lot of great form videos, humor is light, sparse, and not cringey. He cites his sources too.

My only problem with him is he is too strongman focused. He will never be an Eddie Hall and he can't accept that.

>sup 3pl8 bench
>impressive

99% of men can't even bench 2pl8.

His videos are really comfy.

He doesn't even look like shit though.

He's ok. Older videos better than newer in general. Not spectacularly great at strongman nor powerlifting. No one would call him weak either. Part of the "permabulk lol" crowd. Could probably drop a weight class or two and actually be competitive in a strength sport

.>everyone who competes wants to be Eddie Hall

Agreed.

>actively trains for strongman
>actively competes in strongman
>says he wants to be a strongman
Nah, bro. You'll see him on Olympia stage next year kek.

what

Obviously we're only concerned with that sub 1% who strength train

Can someone explain the (((chains on the bar))) why do people do this? I find it hard to believe dude ran out of pl8s and had to make do with what was on hand.

BREHS

extra weight at the top of the lift

ffs this board is so shit. does anyone actually train for aesthetics or are you all fat dyel powerlifting faggots?

same. he's also funny and not a weirdo gym autist like some other videos i've seen

Delete this.

What's wrong with powerlifting?

never trust an asshole with an ironic beard

What the fuck is an ironic beard?

its an look how soy and badass i am i just let my beard grow into an ugly fucking mess and wear it on my face and not give a fuck, better not mess with me im a badass natty vegan soy powerlifter.

Big Al has a viking beard you fucknut, nowhere near a soy tier beard

what about Jesus

Fuck off beardlet Atheist, peddle your Satanism somewhere else

>. does anyone actually train for aesthetics or

This board is for FIT people, if you want form over function, there's an entire board full of faggits sharing beauty tips, it's call Veeky Forums, you skinny legged dickhead.

if he wouldn't have grown it in the 90's then it's an ironic trendy fashion shit beard

He mentioned he only trained bench once a week for a long time.

He's fine. The thing about lifting is that there is no right way to perform a lift. There's only a wrong way. You're gonna wanna watch a lot videos and find out what works for you. As long as you're not getting bad advice, it's fine.

>impressive numbers
There are guys 2 weight classes down who have better numbers

Well so you're basically telling he's shit. Because he actually says there is a right way to do a lift while shitting in other ways to perform because muh way is the better way. But i heard he's sucking mark rippetoe's dick now so i don't know about his videos anymore.

actually more like 3 weight classes down, Josh Hancott rapes him

No that's not at all what I'm saying

This logic applies to top 20 lifters in the olympics. You think you're making a point but you're not.

You realize almost everyone in the top 20 or so for every IPF class is pinning right? Thrall is the personfication of the natty limit meme.

He gives good advice for new/intermediate lifters and has corrected some of his earlier videos when he was wrong/vague before, which is good. Unfortunately lately he has been pretty biased towards SS which is why everyone says hes just an rippetoe mouthpiece now.

Most people here trashing him can't rep out 455 squats like he does so don't have much room to talk.

Don't want to shit on him but i'm close to 400 weighting 165 with 1,5 years of lifting, and this is not even impressive at all based on what i read on plg threads. Alan is good on squat and that's it and u can see on his body. But for someone who's been training as long as him he's absolute shit.

not really, even for his weight class his lifts are absolutely mediocre, state level at best (never won a meet). If you're looking at him from a power lifting perspective he is far from impressive, if you're some dyel than yeah you would think he's amazing.

>natty limit, sub 3 plate bench at 100kg+

The bar for natty limit keeps getting lower and lower

Just never listen to a word he says about benching.

He literally started doing PL meets that have OHP instead of bench.

>based on what i read on plg threads

pretty sure he can bench 3pl8

he can strict press 245

>pretty sure he can bench 3pl8

funny how there's no video

1500 for a natty is pretty impressive. Now a natty going near 2000 is something VERY rare.

Brian Alsruhe is 20x smarter and stronger and a far better strongman

And somehow that makes a 225 bench good? No.

instagram.com/p/BafRCDzFHZt/?hl=en&taken-by=untamedstrength
right here u stupid faggot

this
Was getting a pinching pain when squatting
its gotten better after adjusting to be closer to this vid
youtube.com/watch?v=vmNPOjaGrVE

Yeah, but the difference is I have no trouble believing that Alan does not use gear.

He is a SS coach, its the hardest coaching credential to get. No one on Veeky Forums would even be able to even get to the exam.

what is the test like?

Summary of Alan Thrall

>Solid as fuck advice
>Easy-to-watch videos
>OK general strength for someone who has trained as long as he has
>But he's always fucking busy with actually running his business from what I can tell
> I honestly don't think he's that interested in getting stronger in his lifts as much as he is growing his gym brand and shit

You have to pass a platform evaluation where you have to coach multiple people on every lift, the purposely get the most uncoordinated people for you to coach. If you make one mistake you fail, the look for anything to fail you on. Fewer than 30% pass this.

After that there is an exam, the average response is something like 80 pages long. The pass rate of the exam is less than 10%.

It's also fucking expensive since you have to go to an expensive seminar and pay to even be evaluated.

Great information for beginners, his emphasis and elaboration on the do's and don'ts are top-tier.

>hurr why is a coach who focus his time on coaching and his business not stronger than the best of the best hurrr
>everybody should be compared with Eddie Hall hurrrr

Holy chit. How big is this guys cock?

TRAIN ON TIIIIIIME!!!!

He walks the walk, and he's experienced in powerlifting, weightlifting and strongman. And he's educated.

But above all, he knows how to actually explain shit. This is a very, very rare trait. 90% of people have no fucking clue how to explain things to people who don't already know.

It's a very good channel.

:^)

Too big for you loli-chan

>have to pay 900 (last time i heard about it) bucks for a seminar so you can get to do a test
>approval rating of said test is extremely low due to test being purposely hard and over complicated

Is there even a point on getting such certificate? I thought about it but i need to up my total to 1500 and teach more clients about cues and form. Plus i'm not even american, so a strength training business model would be a shot in the dark in my homeland, specially because it's dominated by meme fitness.

Yes, for the average person, 225 is god-tier.

Literally a shittier Jeff cavalier

AthLEANX is all you need senpai.

Mom, pls

SHAVE THE BEARD ALAN

“I gotten noob gains and I’m expecting to have the same amounts of gains in the future” BOY you’re in for a ride

The average adult male can probably muster up a 225 one rep.
Not someone who still lives off of their parents money and sits in Starbucks all day, but an actual adult male with a job

What? Literally every dyel that comes to my gym no matter his age starts out at 90-130 lbs for a few reps

>The average adult male can probably muster up a 225 one rep.

bullshit, look around in the street at the average adult male

I know that memes are funny and all, but I seriously hope you don't believe this. An average male absolutely can't bench that much, unless he does something in his day-to-day to make his upper body stronger.

99% of men haven't lifted for 10+ years either

>The average adult male can probably muster up a 225 one rep

incorrect

>Not someone who still lives off of their parents money and sits in Starbucks all day, but an actual adult male with a job

relevance? projecting much?

why are his videos so much shittier though?

It's hard because they don't want retards sullying the reputation of their brand. If you were Rip, wouldn't you want to control what kind of people you have out on the streets representing the business you've built?

He looks great but maybe that's just cause I'm gay

>strict
Yeah right
Plus there's no bench video of him

If you don't bench 3 plates you have no business coaching people on how to get strong, period.
No matter how shitty your genetics are, you should at least bench 3 plates before you start coaching other people and making a living out of it.

If you are not the best then what's the fucking point? Just KYS.

Agreed