Avoid deadlifts squat and bench at all cost

this is the reason to start roiding.

dont be that guy who workouts for 10 years and still look like shit.

save yourself from becoming a thrall or blaha anons

shut the fuck up

you probably could have had a pretty good bait thread going if you just said to avoid squats, maybe you could even say squats and deadlifts and you'd get some people mad, but you blew your wad saying the big three are all useless so i give you a 2/10

flies or cables > bench

any day

has there ever been anyone who has built a good chest with just flies and no benching/similar movement?

Do a core lift first, then do a bunch of fun hypertrophy/assistance movements

Deadlift is useless for aesthetics so he's not totally wrong

>t. yet to have visible abs

When you say

>useless

I hope you actually meant to say

>it can be argued that there are other alternatives that would be better choices depending on your individual goals

Because then we're in perfect agrement.

Honestly I think he mostly looks like shit because he chooses a hobo haircut, doesn't give a fuck about what clothes he wears, and he's obviously a bit on the fat side of things.

If you think his lower body is too big for his upper body, then that's hardly an argument against squats and deadlifts - they are obviously effective. Rather, just choose to do less of it.

But Blaha IS on roids.

More like avoid overeating and being fat. Thrall and Blaha are both >20% bodyfat. If your bodyfat% is about 15 you'll probably look good by average people's standards (i.e. everyone else but bodybuilder faggots with body dysmorphia) even if you have only lifted for 6-12 months on a good program.

>250mg test weekly
>100mg tren a ed
>120mg clen ed

STILL can't get lean.

Guy on the left can't lift 500lbs with a belt and straps, guy on the right can do 500 for reps without a belt or straps. Both are on gear. Most pro bodybuilders avoid deadlifts because they're easy to fuck up and can send you to snap city. It's a bad risk/reward ratio for a non-strength athlete. They usually replace them with 2-3 other lifts like hyperextensions.

And I do like deadlifts, but they're a strength/mass lift, not an aesthetics lift. In fact, they've made my core wider so the effect is the opposite, but Idgaf because I lift for strength.

Are deadlifts a meme?

I don't care about OP's retardation, but that squat form is wretched.

For strength? No. For aesthetics? Yes.

No but squats are

This is fair analysis

Pros:

1. It lends itself very well to performing low reps, which makes it useful for developing maximal strength and power. Qualities that are needed in many sports.

2. Because it involves so much total muscle and good leverage one can work up to handling some extremely heavy poundages. This means that it's much easier to make continued progress on the deadlift compared to smaller exercises. A lying leg curl for example is great for training the hamstrings if viewed in a vacuum. But training doesn't happen in a vacuum. The princple of Progressive Overload cannot be violated if you want to see gains. Adding 10 kgs to your 40 kg leg curl, is way harder than adding 10 kgs to your 120 kg deadlift. And while the isolation exercise quickly stalls, the deadlift can be progressed for literally years. And with progress comes gains.

Cons:

1. It is not the #1 exercise for any individual muscle group involved. You will always be able to find a smaller exercise that hits a certain muscle harder/better.

2. Anecdotally as you become stronger, the deadlift has a tendency to take more out of you than it gives back. Whether this is because of the deadstop concentric or due to extreme grip challenge or maybe because it's the ultimate grind lift is unknown.

>t. Turbo dyel

>roiding for THAT