How does Veeky Forums feel about soccer? Is it a good way to get in shape? Do women like soccer players?

How does Veeky Forums feel about soccer? Is it a good way to get in shape? Do women like soccer players?

Pseudo-sport for effeminate betas.

>Do women like soccer players?

>Is it a good way to get in shape?
Very much yes, but you're gonna have to supplement your regular training with some lifting if you want to get a decent-looking upper body.
>Do women like soccer players?
Yes. Women like athletes in general, and soccer is quite an athletic game.

Soccer will give you the physique of a trap. So yes, you should do it.

>do women like soccer players?
Women soccer players like women.

love it
you can be buff and play soccer up to semi- pro level probably
sure women like athletes, its a sport they can pretend to participate in coed leagues, chances are it makes you leaner and well muscled legs, women like that.
it does not go with general peak social status for average american, but perhaps if you were on a noteworthy team for your social setting.

It's just a normal sport in the rest of the world.

Americans on here have this stupid mentality where a sport has to have some high risk of injury or else it's "for girls" or some stupid shit like that, don't you guys love baseball and basketball wtf?

Play field hockey a lot of squating down gives you big legs and constantly accelerating/decelerating

Field hockey is unironically gayer than soccer.

being the star athlete of the cool sports at your school is definitely a thing tho.
>yes i know athletes are generally big, strong, less likely to be fat, they are social by default through their teamates.
captain of the basketball team does better than captain of the volley ball team. (at all but the most elite volleyball schools, its probably the same guy, captain of both)

Hockey goalie checking in. Laydees don't us.

literally the golden adonis of soccer.

The soccer player body type is GOAT for women

OP, I didn't think i'd need to tell you this,but i'd bad user if I didn't.

soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking

Hockey is alpha

I guess it depends on where you live. Here in Finland soccer is a meme sport and accordingly women don't like soccer players. Only losers play soccer here, all the talented guys play hockey or perhaps some individual sport. This is why in my town when the local hockey team played soccer against the local soccer team, they won 5-1. Fucking hockey players crushed soccer players in soccer, think about that.

Finland suck to any sport

I don't agree. Finland is pretty good in sports like hockey, skiing, ski jumping, javelin, and some others.

Australian rules football unironically the most asthetic sport in the world. Not to big and not to small

Football is great soccer is dumb

Holy shit, men actually play field hockey? Not even being a troll, I thought that is was a sport meant for girls in HS since there really wasn't a place for them in football. Other sports had something, like Girls basketball and softball.

Same with rugby league boyo.
Not too big, not too small.

Pro footballers get paid absolutely ridiculous amounts of money.
Sure it's gotten soft over the years and diving is heavily favoured and now a tactic employed by almost all teams.
Still though, the level of athletic endurance you need to posses to play a comparative game of football at a decent level is mad. Ibrahimovic is like 150 years old and sprints about like a mad cunt.

It's like one of the top 3 sports by fanbase in the world.

It's big in europe, south asia, south america and australia/NZ.
American sports are literally fucking dead outside of the USA. Anglo sports dominate, take rugby as another example.

Dude you're not destroying your body every time you play and it doesn't include periods of

The entire thing is back to back intense plays.
A 300+ lb lineman is in fact putting in more work then a man half his size on any one soccer field.

Most of the soccer players just go for a leisurely short jog to the side of the field never going too far from one area or the next.

In football EVERYONE HAS A JOB TO DO.
You don't get a chance to rest until it's over.
You don't get a nice safe spot to slowly jog around.

It's HIIT and gettng hit.

>Rugby League
>Woo look at me! I'm a little bitch that wants to play rugby but is too 100% made of bitch to ruck or scrum!

Fuck outta here with that. Rugby Union is the patrician rugby. Rugby League is casual tier bullshit for delusional backs.

>all this unironic grug posting

>Muh per capita

Minnesota (note: a state) could field a hockey team that would beat Finland's.

>In football EVERYONE HAS A JOB TO DO.

But only if that job is entirely offense or entirely defense.

>But only if that job is entirely offense or entirely defense.

Yeah...that's...kind of how it works.
What else is there?

>You don't get a chance to rest until it's over.

Football is the only sport where players literally sit down on the bench and watch half of the entire game. They take a break during commercials, they take a break during time outs, they take a break during challenges, they take a break between plays, and most of them take a break during special teams plays.

The average soccer player runs the length of a football field and back every 5-10 minutes. A football player plays for 4 seconds and maybe jogs a total of 25 yards per drive.

Lmao bruh I've played both and transferred skills I learnt playing league to union and vis versa. Both have their place, league is just very niche to north England, bit of France and Australia/NZ.

Different places favor different sports even if everything is played. For ex. South Africa, locals love soccer but being the captain of the Rugby team will get you further than captain of a soccer team. I imagine its the same in India with Cricket vs Soccer.

>What else is there?

Rugby football. Where players play both offense and defense as if it's actually a sport.

>Football is the only sport where players literally sit down on the bench and watch half of the entire game

Hockey players do that too. Only the absolute busiest defensemen will play 30 minutes within regulation.

>The average soccer player runs the length of a football field and back every 5-10 minutes.

It's more impressive when you realize he fell down and cried for a solid minute four times in the course of doing that.

Less impressive when you realize how incredibly not strong they are.

The average football player is 200+ pounds and is going at full fucking speed with no breaks for minutes at a time, hitting/wrestling with/or outmaneuvering other 200+ men at full speed for minutes at a time.
Then resting for a few seconds then going right back to it.

It's not like that 2 minutes where a handful of people decides to actually try really really hard for some reason or another during one play then jog leisurly back to their position where they'll just slowly jog back and forth till the ball gets close.

>The average soccer player runs the length of a football field and back every 5-10 minutes.

That's the biggest load of shit ever. I've seen those fucking games. Half of them don't do shit but jogg around in one goddamned spot and only occasionally move if the ball gets close.

Soccer and Rugby are more popular NOT because they are superior. It's because they are cheaper safer and takes far less out of the athlete.

Can confirm, despite being a Bong I have been to a few American football games.
>between each drive
>FUCK YEAH KISS CAM
>advert by sponsor of kiss cam
>FUCK YEAH T SHIRT CANNONS AND WHORES DANCING ABOUT
>further adverts
>FUCKING FLEX CAM FUCK YEAH
>anyway it's second and 3 at the Miami 47.

>The average football player is 200+ pounds and is going at full fucking speed with no breaks for minutes at a time, hitting/wrestling with/or outmaneuvering other 200+ men at full speed for minutes at a time.
Then resting for a few seconds then going right back to it.

You just described rugby. Only it's two 40 minute halves, play doesn't stop for 30+ seconds every time someone gets tackled, substitutions are limited (even in a friendly with "rolling subs," you've got to wait until an appropriate stoppage in play), they aren't wearing 50 lbs of armor (though really, that would be absolute hell to run around in for the duration of a rugby match), and players play both offense and defense.

So why is it you think rugby takes less out of an athlete?

I think this is the difference, you guys mistake a sport everyone likes in.both playing/watching for something which has social status probably because of jock high school culture from people who don't play

These arguments are just silly, it's like arguing over the muay thai and wrestling then someone getting fed up because they're not competing in the UFC

>full fucking speed with no breaks for minutes at a time
>minutes at a time

The longest play in NFL history was like 15 seconds long. The average play is like 3-4 seconds long. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

only white trash males(chavs and eastern euros), africans and pajeets like soccer players

>handegg
>sport
Lol, Americans.

>only white trash males(chavs and eastern euros), africans and pajeets like soccer players
So, Americans love soccer?

They can casually jog around on the field and occasionally stand under the football when it gets close to them. The designated tacklee of that play gets what amounts to a love tap compared to what the DESIGNATED running backs in Football get.

Meanwhile, every football player on the field is going full blast and hitting at fullspeed and injuries can and do happen every play.

They rest because they are completely fucking worn out their joints ruined and being tired plus doing something that dangerous = bad injuries.

They CANT have everyone playing american style football every play. It's physically fucking impossible to do it.

Ah, you had no idea about football watched or even played it and had to go look it up didn't you?
Make no mistake, when you're on the field, the only rest you get is the time it takes to set up the next play. and that is not nearly enough time.

They can't go for a jog in the outfield so we can catch our breath or limp around with an injury hoping that the ball doesn't come towards them.

Danger doesn't mean it's a good sport

>Roided up niggers smacking their heads with an egg in their hands

COPE

biggest homo sport there is

0% of respectable women like soccer players, most soccer players are total dickheads

literally any sport other than football will get you nice girls in europ, soccer is top-tier if you want sluts though

soccer is solid but soccer players are gay as shit

ITT: comparing apples to oranges and trying to figure out which one is better at being a fruit.