If I care far more about size/definition than strength should I do SS? I want to get big, that's my real goal...

If I care far more about size/definition than strength should I do SS? I want to get big, that's my real goal. I have heard SS makes you strong but doesn't do much for actual gains.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19691365
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know it’s supposed to be a good program, but I just wasn’t about it the program itself only takes like 20-30 min

That being said you should be prioritizing strength if you want size and definition I would unironically recommend a push pull legs or full body a few times a week

>program itself only takes like 20-30 min
?????

Sorry I meant like the workouts aren’t there only like 10-15 sets or am I retarded? I looked at it a few years ago

Do PHUL

Update I just googled yeah that’s pretty shit in my opinion why would you drive to and from to a gym longer than your actual workout
I’d say that would be good for someone’s first month or two If they’ve seriously never been physical in any way before

this is like a layne norton type split right

SS is not just 3×5 (or 5x1 for deadlift, 5×3 for power clean). You're supposed to include warm up sets as well. When I do SS, I take over an hour (closer to an hour and a half all said and done).

You're retarded, just do whatever you want.

You should be resting 5 mins inbetween sets if you are lifting close to your max

Do whatever you want. Just know form and good programming gets you far. Id do some variant of ppl or phul. Strength programs are better written to me

Do ppl or brosplit

You can't build strength without getting size or vice versa if you're completely new. Hence, your first routine doesnt matter.

I say do SS with some accessory lifts on the side.

No you absolutely should not holy shit that is way too long lol that’s just an autisticly long time to sit around doing nothing but hogging a squat rack you do NOT need 5 min in between sets for fuckin 135lb squats or whatever gym noobs are doing
Does any user have links to the studies showing that you fully regenerate atp and all that shit after like 3 minutes tops?

I rest 5-10minutes after set, IF I didn’t I wouldn’t be able to progress as quickly. So gtfo weak fag

ss is a dogshit routine, for strength as well
do alphadestiny's novice, ws4sb, jonie candito's linear or generic 2-way split.

SS is a troll meme routine to make people fat and weak. I recommend CT Fletcher's MASSterplan.

>3 (three) sets of bench a week
How do people fall for this again?

Do a good split. Or ppl

Yeah this.

Try mine out for size:

Monday: Chest
>Bench 3*8
>Incline bench 3*12
>Dumbbell bench 3*15
>Dumbbell incline 3*15
>Dumbbell flys 3*20
>Incline flys 3*20
>Cable flys 3*20
>Dips 3*F
>SUPERSET push-ups 3*F

Tuesday: Back
>Trap bar deadlifts 3*8
>Barbell rows 3*12
>Cable rows 3*12
>Lat pulldowns 3*12 (wide grip for wide lats)
>Machine rows 3*15
>Pull-ups 3*F

Wednesday: Legs
>Leg press 3*8
>Hack squat 3*8
>Leg extensions 3*15
>Leg curls 3*15
>20 mins jogging

Thursday: Shoulders
>Hammer Strength shoulder machine 3*12
>Seated dumbbell overhead press 3*12
>Shrug machine 3*12
>Front raise 3*15
>Side raise 3*15
>Reverse fly 3*15

Friday: ARMS
>Barbell curls 3*12
>Skullcrushers 3*12
>Dumbbell curls 3*12
>Tricep pushdown 3*12
>Hammer curls 3*12
>Close grip bench 3*12
>Ez-bar curls 3*12
>Forearms 3*20
>Forearms the other way 3*20
>Captains of Crush 3*F

Make sure to warm up with some cardio every time and cool down by stretching.

Lmao weak fag the most I’ve ever taken between sets is 2-3 minutes
235 incline press
600lb deadlift 455lb squat

gslp

>44790326
gotta be bait

>the program itself only takes like 20-30

Wrong. Starting Strength has you start with the max weight you can do with good form after doing warm ups, so every workout should take at least an hour.

Ignoring the warmups:

7 sets with 5 minutes rest each = 35 minutes.

Warmups and weight changes will probably take at least 10 minutes over the workout.

The program also includes chin-ups, so add some time for that.

Finally, near the end, Rip says that you might be taking up to 10 minutes between worksets. This adds another 35 minutes.

It sounds ridiculous, but the entire goal of Starting STRENGTH is to up your numbers as fast as possible.

Unless you are doing low-weight nonsense, there are more elements at play than just ATP user
>hogging a squat rack
Go find another rack then you gayboy

Like what? Post pic and lifts

>cns adaptation
>tendon and ligament strength
It’s like you don’t even lift

Candito has a great linear program with a hypertrophy focus that's very simple to follow

Theres no such thing as a good split u fags

Splitlets have such bad "programs" it's just a list of exercises lmao

do people just chill with their weights for 5 mins between sets or do you get up to let other people use it in that time?

I feel like a dickhead whenever I dont lift for more than 2 mins at the gym unless I'm sitting out of the way

I’m sure you’ve seen some of those fucking idiots that sit in there phone 5-7 minutes in between sets they don’t fucking do anything but sit around like spergs completely oblivious to the fact that they’re being huge fucking assholes and leave if you ask to work in like 80% of the time

Imagine doing 7 sets in 30-40 minutes lmao
You can get do a whole fucking routine with 2-3 compounds and 10-15 accessory sets in that time

nice larp

I’m not larping you stupid faggot I’m assuming you’re who I told to post pic and lifts to
Must fuccin suck to be you those lifts were fucking eeeasy and I’m a soyboy

Kek, nope. Wasn't me. Just noticed you were larping based on your supposed lifts

I’ll have the 6 hundo recorded probably Saturday it just depends on when I take the mrs along to film
I’m telling you over like 3 minutes is just too long dude and if it takes over 180 seconds for you to be ready to fuck shit up then you need to work on your work capacity

Yeah, sure bro

Lolk post pics and lifts

I'm not as insecure as you, what I lift and how I look does not equal years of actual research and empirical evidence. Also, the deadlift is the only lift rest time doesn't matter much on because the sets are few, and it's the only lift that you're supposedly on the competitive level on. Since your squats and incline bench is far weaker in comparison, doesn't that prove you're being fucking stupid? It is a known fact that optimal strength gain is between 3-5 minutes. If you build for endurance and hypertrophy, it's 1-3 minutes.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19691365

I mean that’s what OP wants anyway? And they’re all competitive for my weight I’m 190 5’11 And my lifts aren’t stalling so next week and next month they’ll be even bigger numbers lol and you really think a deadlift isn’t as taxing as a bench press? And the sets are few? Yeah if you program like a retard

Nice cop out
Post pics and lifts