College Gyms

So Veeky Forums what are they like and what kind of people do you find in there? DYEL? athlete chads? Do they usually have adequate equipment? Share any experiences too.

I miss my college gym so much.

Public gyms never have the same quantity and quality of equipment as my college gym. 6 squat racks, 6 bench presses, every weight of dumbbell and barbell you could ask for.

A mix of everything from DYEL pajeets to top Chads.

It would sometimes be crowded but public gyms just NEVER compare.

Granted, I went to a huge public school that put a ton of money into keeping their athletic facilities up to par.

I've noticed that a lot of people at my college gym lift a lot more than they should with horrible form. It hurts my brain sometimes when these DYELs are trying to use heavy weights to look big.

ITS ALWAYS SO FUCKING CROWDED

always crowded but a ton of dudes there are 6’5 and jacked

This

You get a mix of everyone. A handful of roided monsters, some jacked, some fit looking, and most in average shape.

Pretty much exactly like a normal gym but with less old people

The worst type of gym there is. Journalist here, I wrote an article for my campus magazine bashing the shit out of it. Facility isn't terrible, but the people are shit.

Been to two

Rutgers
>five separate small gyms
>each one is maybe the size of a small commercial gym
>different vibes from cardio-centric to classic dungeon to big powerlifting
>tons of jacked Asian manlets in every squat rack
>learned how to get up early just to avoid having to wait for the Chinese Embassy to close up shop before squatting

University of Washington
>fucking mecca
>8 platforms, 12 racks with 2 people able to squat at the same time
>gym is so huge i thought the second half of the gym was a wall of mirrors, not an entire wing full of weights and benches and shit
>i was putting up bitch weight (1/2/2/3) and was still lifting the heaviest out of anyone there
>was summer though so maybe chads all went home on vacation

>Washington State
>huge gym
>never used because was lazy as fuck
>wish I used it for more than just it's track

Any Hokies in this thread?

>Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
They rebuilt the gym after I left, but it's absolutely kino. I don't think any school gym can top it.Any equipment you can imagine, and they have tons of it. Climbing walls, Bball courts, multiple pools (with palm trees), more free weights than you can imagine.

The school is mostly engineering, so about half of the people are DYEL virgins (like I was).

But it's always pretty loaded with blond stacies, asian sluts, and ripped chad manlets.

I want to go back as an alumni and walk in the girls locker room. Would this be allowed these days?

>UW
>6 new platforms
>12+ benches
>new db set
>still overcrowded with pedro and pajeet dyels stealing plates, never putting away anything, and doing 10 minute instagram breaks
Do normal gyms get better or do I need to get 1/2/3/4 to exit this purgatory

It really is, my uni gym only has two damn squat racks and they're always in use.

CSULB has same type of gym based off your pic. Indoor rock climbing, 6 courts for basketball, outdoor volleyball with sand, shit ton of equipment, indoor track, huge field outside. Incredible gym

I go to the largest public school in New York and its gym is complete trash.

c o l u m b i a

do university gyms cost an extra fee or are memberships included for students?

mine's is included

Quick breakdown of mine. Pic related.

4 benches, 2 incline benches, and only 2 squat racks, yet there's never a free bench and always a free rack. Employees are weight nazis and will yell at you for putting weight down too hard, not using clips, and they have banned chalk. Really nice cables machines with super smooth pulleys and lots of stations. Solid dumbbell selection, goes up to 120 or so. Decent cardio area, good variety of machines.

People wise, it's pretty weak. 1/2/3/4 is god like here, at my commercial gym its above average. Tons of stinky indian international students who have no idea what they're doing, DL 115lbs with shit form wearing a belt, and seems to love touching each other and spotting each others as much as possible during any movement. There's a couple of firefighting program dudes who know their shit, are strong and generally good guys. Everyone else just kinda keeps to themselves and does their own thing. Standard array of cardio bunnies doing StairMaster and the usual.

Cool side areas like a rock wall, 2 full bbal/volley ball courts, and a medium size track.

Overall rate it 7/10.

>IU
>2 Gyms
>One I go to has a pool, a track, basketball courts, cario gym, 6 squat racks that also have room to deadlift in, 12 benches but only like 6 of them can incline, free weights up to like 120lbs, and a shit ton of machines
>Still crowded as fucking shit
>IDK what the other gym has

just fuckin kill me im going to the community college in that city and there's barely any attractive women or asians...

A&M gym
>brand new equipment
>every machine imaginable
>fucking rock climbing machine wall
>soys galore
Local community college gym
>literally just a classroom full of treadmills, bikes and one seated row machine
>shorts and sleeveless shirts are banned
>must wear tshirt and pants
>phones not allowed to be out at any time
>no water fountain
>soys galore

UMASS in the good ole days
>Dark, dank basement
>Bad circulation
>Only the staples: benches, racks, olympic platforms, DBs up to like 180lbs
>Only swole mofos and real lifters in there
>People benching 3.5 plates every day
>No thots
>Perfection

UMASS modern times
>Brand new state of the art "fitness center"
>Indoor track, bball courts, smoothy sales
>95% machines
>1000 treadmills
>full of thots and twinks
>DBS only up to ~60lbs
>fucking packed 24 hours a day

I graduated 7 years ago but I still have fond memories of that gross, airless basement

RIP Boyden

odds and I go lift arms and shoulders tonight. Done coding and want to sleep

>chinese embassy
KEK

/Thread, Berkeley is packed AF so I found a local gym that is 75 a month with a personal trainer included once a week.

Definitely worth it

Literally just worked out at my campus gym.
DYELs left and right, manlets trying to stare me down ... hehe when will they learn.
I'm the biggest guy, strongest guy and most alpha and the bitches know it.
Some stacie literally did a double take and mired for a couple of seconds before i gave her the fuck off look.
mfw.

UNR Gym:
>Dyel Azn kids and foreign students
>Frat dickheads who only do bench and curls
>Stronk powerlifter Azn guys
>UBER-CHAD bodybuilders
>Gym thots doing meme-tier butt exercises
Good equipment though, can't complain.
If you go after 9pm it's not too bad

>he goes to Blinndergarten

Brainlets like you are what is turning Texas A&M into that fucking fag school in Austin. Went back to College Station for the first time since I graduated, nothing but minorities now. Fuck off you low IQ community college mouthbreather

t. Class of ‘16

This I bought a membership even though going there is free

>go at 7am
>nobody there
git gud

you weren't kidding, wow

My university is right in the middle of a large city, so 30% of the gym is usually old people who pay ridiculously high non student fees. Very large, complete with pools and indoor track. Was ranked one of the top 20 university gyms in some magazine a couple of years ago.

this happens at every gym...but it's funny when they're bigger than you and have terrible form. can't knock it

Like this user said, , that image is a straight replica of what every large university is building now or will be building in a few years. My university put one up a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately I live in a shithole country where universities don't have gyms and if they do they are shitty as fuck.

mine is literally 90 percent smelly dyel pajeets
but its okay cause it makes me feel like the boss of this gym

Ayyy I'm in this gym right now. It's fucking great

UT Austin - 20 squat racks but only one REALLY SHITTY PLATFORM REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Gonzaga University

Decent equipment but it's always fucking crowded, not nearly as big as it should be, considering we have one of the most athletic student bodies in the US. The school dumps all of their money into the gyms for the D1 athletes(they don't have to use the normie gym) and provide them with all the free supps they want, massages, prime weight room etc. while the plebs get the spillover.

In terms of the population, it's a lot of pseudo-chads, the kind that wear backwards snapbacks and expensive clothing to the gym, have a drawer dedicated to salmon shorts and polos, have loose understanding of consent etc. Half of their time at the gym is spent talking about how fucked up they got last night and hogging equipment. A few real chads, couple of roiders, lots of cardio bunnies, lots of people playing pickup basketball. My favorite has been watching skeletons and fatties from freshman year get progressively more muscular and in shape throughout the years, it's really impressive and cool to watch their lifts and confidence go up.

Slight departure, but does anybody feel like their gym is too social? (This is Veeky Forums so I don't doubt it)I've got a pretty good social life but when I go to the gym I want that time to just be about me and my lifts, and it's difficult because the college gym seems to be such a social environment, which makes it impossible to get a good session in without having to stop and bullshit with people I don't care to talk to at the moment.

>spic named uni

I stopped reading there 2bh with you buddy.

Explain about the people

Stanford had two gyms, old arillaga and new arillaga. Decent weights in each, but only 3 platforms for the entire community. You had to take a short safety class and pay a fee to use the oly weights tho, and normies pretty much never did, which was nice because the squat racks always had a fucking line. I swear half that school was fitness addicted, but there weren't that many regulars that I got to know.

Then you had all the "fitness center" stuff, too. Rock walls, pools, sports courts, whatever.

At a big state school now for grad stuff and definitely prefer it to Stanny. Way more platforms, racks, weights, space. It gets crowded but free lockers and towels (not available at stanny) are nice.

we're thinking of the same stronk powerlifting azns probably

My brother of African American descent

>they removed the chalk bowls
>My deadlift drops back down to 2 pl8
The truth hurts

Oh yea don't forget the ASUW has plans for us.

Reporting in from new Arillaga right now. Come say hi to the half-Asian DYEL incline benching 1 pl8, Veeky Forums.

>safety class
>extra fee for oly
What the fuck kind of postmodernist nanny state cuck shit is that?

Good on you mate keep at it. I've met someone else from stanford every college thread I've posted in, across Veeky Forums Veeky Forums and g/ for like the past 5 years

when I went to a state school there was nothing but alpha chads, but when I transferred to an expensive private school there were a lot of asians/indians and dyel white guys like myself.

It was like 10 dollars or something totally negligible. Someone really injured themselves like a decade ago and sued the uni for it I think

Probably had a lawsuit and are covering themselves now.

Is it worth it? RSF is a subhuman circus and memorial isn't much better, but I'm pretty broke atm. Is getting a private gym membership really that valuable?

who /ucf/ here
it is the biggest meme of all time. great equipment, but everywhere you look is roasties, terrible form, dyels, or more roasties

>what is italy

Why are you even in this thread?

About a third of the people at my college gym are seniors. Theres also a lot of bulky dudes in the weight room.

It's a huge problem though. If you see a dude with 21 inch cannons curling 30s for slow, controlled, squeezing reps, why do you think it's okay to pick up the 35s with 14 inch arms and swing them like Babe Ruth?

Deadlift off the floor. Just put yoga mats under the weights if they don't have oly weights or have a problem with metal hitting the ground too loud.

Are you a Reno fag? Reporting in

I'm a Valencia student, but am seriously considering joining ucfs gym for the rock climbing and the thots.

Been to the caltech gym which is super laid back and cool, since everyone id a DYEL, old, or one of 3 powerlifters.

The other is the Lehigh Uni gym, which aint bad, you just have to go at the right time

thats weird considering berkley is full of liberal sjw faggots

I still kick myself for never actually using it when it was pristine and fresh despite it opening as soon as I started there

Butler County Community College
>literally lol 1 rack 2 benches and some treadmill
>never have seen anyone there other than class tho

Morehead State
>fuckin nice 2 racks 2 platforms and 3 benches
>pool and track and nice outdoor climbing stuff plus Eagle lake trail
>only packed from 4-6 or so and the people are p cool

Wichita State
>I have never seen so many Indians
>legit 2/3 of the students I see in this 72% white town are pajeets
>haven't seen much of the facility tho

heyyy Rutgers here too. I was in every gym but mostly CAG. big sweaty meatbox on friday nights

>journalist
opinion discarded

fkn true breh

>"jounalist here"

as if being a journalist elevates the quality of your judgements above even a complete mong