2 plates

I failed my 2 plate bench today, I don't know what happened. I usually start off with 185 x 10 and then try to go heavier, but I got stuck at 90° and couldn't get the weight up. Any tips on how to finally hit the 2 plate milestone? 18 y/o, been lifting for 7 months if context is needed at all

>7 months
wtf. I hit 2pl8 within my first month. Keep trying, I guess?

>185 x 10
>I failed my 2 plate bench today

are u fucking retarded? Why would you purposefully deplete your muscle glycogen and THEN try for a 1 rep pr? If you want to break a pr do it at the START of the workout. 10 reps 50%, 5 reps 70%, one minute rest, 1 rep 90%, 5 min rest, pr attempt

train tri's and delts to help with lockout

wtf i hit 2pl8 within my second week, keep trying, i guess?

>7 months
>2 pl8s bench
>100 kg bench after 85 k x10 "as a warm up"
ask me how I know you're and the only think you can lift is your bait.
kek

if you have no advice to offer don't post

>btw did 3 plate single arm deadlift on my second try

joked on you, I hit 2pl8s on my first training session
and it was leg day
I mean, really, if you can't lift two pl8s you can get your gym licence revoked

Stop gassing yourself with 10 rep sets.

>I know you're
*I know you're a twink

It took me 6 months to do 5x5 with 2pl8s and I started as a skinny lanket barely lifting 40kg. What the fuck are you doing user.

>focusing training on bench
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

I never usually go for 1RM, but I will take this into consideration since this is probably some of the only helpful advice im gona get on here

Obviously something wrong, is there a program I should get on or something? Im new to this whole thing, I tried 5x5 for awhile but didnt really like it.

Idiot choose a weight you can perform 3x5 on with 4-5min rest periods and work your way up from there

Find out what your 1 rep max is. Then do a workout with roughly 80-85% of that weight. At least that's the math I've been using. Anyway, find a weight you can do 5x5 with, but not low enough for it to not be challenging.
A surefire way to progress is to add 2.5kg every 3-4 chest workouts. And every now and then go for a PR just to feel the weight a bit, it's gonna make the weight you usually lift seem easier.

Whoops. What kind of sets should I try if going for a 1RM? Probably gonna try again in two weeks or so

I haven't been able to bench 2pl8. I've been lifting for 12 years (with some interruptions) and I have done 4 steroid cycles.

Thanks for the actual advice user

Fucking how not?? Unless you kept quitting just before you got to it. How?

i can only bench 155x5 been lifting for 3+ months halp

You just reminded me of a prank I did last week.

>be me
>get idea for a clever gym prank
>load up one plate on each side, flat bench press
>this is actually easy for me but i make it look like it's genuinely hard
>nobody is around except a few guys farther away
>i leave the bar on my chest pretending I can't get it back up and I need help
>begin grunting and moaning loudly and calling for help
>guy runs over and uses both hands to grab the bar and lift it for me
>as soon as he has the bar, i use my arms to yank down his shorts and underwear
>immediately start deepthroating his cock
>tongue is urethra and lightly tease
>nibble his balls gently and in a playful manner
>gargle "no homo" while choking on his man soup so its not gay

That blows. How old were you when you started your first cycle? Im very iffy about roiding because most varsity teams get tested and I don't wanna kick fucked right before im of to college

To get mine up I benched in sets of 3 with an uncomfortable weight for like 8 sets a day. Within a week I could get 185 for a couple. It'll come with time

B8ted

Jokes on you, I hit 2plates when I was 16 after basketball training.

I was 25 or 26. I always fuck up my recovery after cycles. I have done 4pl8s squats and almost 5 pl8deads, but never 2pl8 bp. My chest sucks.

hit 2 plates my 2nd week of lifting im only 12 btw

4pl8 and 5pl8 is still good weight, keep up the good work