Are there any exercises or stretching methods that will "fix" or help scoliosis?

Are there any exercises or stretching methods that will "fix" or help scoliosis?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IrfJMURRMgg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

self bump

Get inversion boots and hold a heavy dumbbell upside down.

Friend from highschool had scoliosis and doctor told him only way to fix it was to put a metal rod in his back. However his whole family has health problems. This is to say that scoliosis is extremely dangerous and you should consult a doctor on how to fix it.

I have scoliosis too, but it's only mild and you can't really notice it unless i'm topless, doctor said surgery is the only way to 'fix' it but it wasn't necessary for my spine.

Haven't had any serious problems so far, only the right half of my back muscles are much tighter and stronger than the left, and my back has a dull ache almost constantly, especially after standing/walking for long periods. I have heard it gets worse with age which is slightly worrying lol

yeah take a crossfit hammer and beat the fuck out of your back

op here like other people the doctor said shoving a metal rod will help but I can't afford surgery nor can I be away from work for a long time

Find a physical therapist with experience in scoliosis, this shit can be made drastically better without surgery. Of course a surgeon is going to want to cut you up and shit though, don't let them ruin your life

no exercise will fix it.
maybe better it slightly but to fix it you will need either surgery or a corsette, which one probably depends on your age.
Ask a or several physicians.

Isn't like 95% of scoliosis in teenage girls?

Isn't this something you should ask a physician?

i got scoliosis, i forgot how many degress i used to have, i had to wear a fucking corset for 2 years which fixed most but not all, now my back has a beautiful S shape (everyone says that, i can't see shit) and my doctor told me to always be doing exercise like a fit faggot

I was supposed to get a corset when I was younger

if you didn't got one you fucked up

It was mostly insurance and doctors that didnt give me one

my scoliosis went from 49 degrees to 42 after a couple months of therapy. You have to find somebody be they a chiropractor, physical therapist, trainer, etc that knows their shit and has experience dealing with it

REVERSE HYPER MACHINE

i think you can always wear them to fix your shit, or maybe those are the one for your teeth.
Anyways go to the fucking doctor

I've had moderate scoliosis my whole life and the best advice I can give you lil guy is to do lots of benchpress, rows and back accessories, with trap work if you have neck problems.

And most importantly, NEVER. DO. OVERHEAD PRESS. any weight over your head will fuck you up because the spine isn't loading the weight evenly like a healthy spine. Welcome to disk bulge city.

With developed musculature and continual workouts you will find that moderate to minor scolios chronic pain will lessen or dissapear since your developed muscles will hold your body easiest under duress and fixed positions like over a desk, and your nerves won't be pinched as much when the exercise brings blood flow to the area.

Cheers

My girlfriend has bad scoliosis. Shes talking to the surgeon now to get it fixed. My only issue is this bitch is already 6 foot tall, getting her back straightend out is only gonna make her taller

I'm 5'6 for the record

How can you tell? I have a ton of muscle imbalance in my chest and back (left pec and abs are bigger, right trap is bigger and left erectors are bigger... My right shoulder seems like it is pulled forwards a lot leading to ache in clavicle after a while. Doc says "people aren't perfectly symmetric". Did like a 5 second check of my back before saying it probably isn't scoliosis.

Did anyones back improve after they started lifting?

BRAAAP

I have scoliosis and it hasn't improved really, and I'm even scared to increase my squat and DL weight cause i don't want to buy a ticket to snap city with the scoliosis coupon.

OP, I had mild scoliosis which was not from birth but from years of sitting in one particular way which made my back curved. I went to the chiropractor and he gave me some exercises as well as aligning my back a few times and it alleviated my scoliosis and made my back straight again. That's just my experience

Lamar gant had pretty wicked scoliosis, and held a diddly record for a while. Look into him and his training. He did things a little different and a lot of core work like side planks and bird dogs.
I'm thinking I have scoliosis, my left lower back takes most of the load during diddlies and squats, but I don't have insurance or someone to look at my back without it being expensive or kinda homo. I love squatting more than anything else but when I start building it up again my lower back is on fire most of the time. I can't wait until I have insurance. Thankfully front and zercher squats don't strain my lower back as much.

>Tfw injured and/or hyper mobile everywhere. Might as well just become a cardio queer.

dont believe what the docs tell you and check out the cause for your scoliosis. if its bad hip alignment, you can fix it with proper stretching and mobility stuff.

Scoliosis definitely makes for a more jacked up spine than simply bad posture, but the fix might be similar:

How to fix anterior pelvic tilt?
>youtube.com/watch?v=IrfJMURRMgg
>Sleep on your back with a pillow under your knees

How to fix forward head posture?
>Use a thinner head pillow (or no head pillow at all)

These = 8 hours of static stretching >>> 5 minutes of meme exercises/therapy