Quitting Smoking

I waited until I wanted too and the time has come. Any pro tips? Wish me luck lads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
selfhacked.com/blog/acetylcholine/
selfhacked.com/blog/28-proven-health-benefits-nicotine-4-potential-risks/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I smoked for 8 years. I got really sick one winter and quit. Maybe try getting sick op.

Just stop wow that was tough

Cold turkey is the only tried and true, if you want to stop then stop

I can only speak from experience
It's bad for the first 4 days, keep yourself busy CONSTANTLY
For me it was minecraft and walking to the nearest mountain and hiking it all in one day as I got sick of waiting around.

Time is on your side, the more time you're not smoking the easier it is not relapse-ing.

Best of luck bro, keep at it and you'll be free.

no gum
no patches
no vaping
no candies

clean out your home car place of work hangout areas and make sure there are no buts or smell of smoke anywhere.

stop doing non necessary things that you used to do when you smoked. Like...smoking while playing video games or what have you.

Buy a ton of snacks and prepared to put on some extra weight. Yes it will ruin your diet, but your taste buds will return and small joys like a small bag of chips or a fruit or cookies will be amazing.
Buy a pack of gum. in case you don't want to pork out

You're going to have to start going hard in the gym for a while. You're going to miss that high.
The endorphin rush from working out is a good replacement and can help you wean yourself off of the external and very destructive one from smoking.

Thanks lads. I'm ready

youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
I'm rooting for you! who's with me?

I'll start my 3rd day with this video

For what it's worth, I believe in you.

Take shroom

every time you want a cigarette smoke a joint instead

eventually you'll be so fucking high you won't want to smoke anymore

Thanks man, I won't let you down

Already quit drugs some time ago. Lost a bunch of weight and this is the last step for me. I appreciate the input though

You've made a promise. I won't forget.

Neither will I - Thanks a lot user

Gotta junkie something else. Just make sure it's something healthy. Lifting being the obvious one.

Avoid gas stations, do not watch media with smoking, DO NOT KEEP YOUR FAVORITE LIGHTER, chew gum, track your mile PR's. Give yourself reasons not to smoke, and remove opportunities to fail.

Don't be a weak man, that's about it.

Small correct decisions when you get the urge are the key imo

Stopped smoking 2 weeks ago, now I'm just perma tired and fatigued.
Been reading up about the whole situation and it seems that nicotine mimics acetylcholine which is responsible for for sending signals between nerve cells and other cells (it is the chemical that motor neurons of the nervous system release in order to activate muscles). Supposedly it also plays an important role in arousal, attention, memory and motivation.
Now this is kinda a new perspective for me because I have stopped smoking a number of times with the same effect, but only now do I know what it is related to because every time I do stop smoking, my arousal, attention, memory, and motivation does decrease and I become a slob.
Not sure what to do about it, power through for another week or two and go see a doc if it persists, or go get some coils to vape.

On the topic of acetylcholine and nicotine:
selfhacked.com/blog/acetylcholine/
selfhacked.com/blog/28-proven-health-benefits-nicotine-4-potential-risks/

Stop in the morning to get maximum starting distance

Yeah, I think vaping or gum/patches will be something to look at for you.

Some dudes completely quit smoking while others are unaffected.

Good luck to you.

t. very lucky man who quit in one day after smoking heavily for three years and never relapsed

Im gonna wank my dick to this picture. Day 7 nofap, my dickhead is nice and smooth and i can feel the cum in my balls. I get hard so easily. Shame i havent got a cute girlfriend.

Dick gains are impressive, now at at 60 degree angle when erect

One warm evening I was smoking by the window and looking outside and apreciating the view, and it hit me, why the fuck am I smoking ? So I quit cold turkey.

Read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking.
I was a smoker for seven years. Once I read this it completely took away my urge to smoke.

Good luck OP. You can do it.