Buying my own lifting belt for deadlifts and squats now, what are recommended brands...

Buying my own lifting belt for deadlifts and squats now, what are recommended brands? So far I’ve gotten Longhorn and Rogue Ohio recommended

I got the Rogue Ohio a month ago for squats, I don't regret buying it so far.

>pionner belt
>best belt

brand doesn't matter terribly, it's more of a price point. have a 10mm single prong, it's great

I have a belt like pic related because I got it really cheap. Is the upgrade to a better belt really worth it ?

Inzer forever, either single prong or lever is the best bang for your buck. 13mm

>Inzer
>13mm
Back to your containment board fatty

personally I'm a fan of the 13mm, but I respect your opinion, gent

Unless you're

just realized i have 10mm

you find a significant difference between 13 and 10? im ~83kg find this belt has solid compression for squats and deads

It's probably fine, there's not a huge difference that 3mm makes. I've tried on my friend's 10mm and it has pretty much the same level of support as a 13mm.

as long as it's a T H I C C powerlifting belt, in leather, same-size on front and back, it's fine.
than again a belt it's by no means necessary

Then why 13mm over 10mm? Just asking.

cool, thanks

It has the most support possible. It's not anything than most lifters will ever notice a difference in, but if you plan on competing, or even just chasing PRs, any kind of help, or the possibility of it is help worth taking. Plus it isn't that much more expensive when you think about how long it will last.

I keep hearing it's mandatory that the belt is same-size front/back but why?

I got one like this and I fail to see the issue and wondering if I should change it.

What's the point of the belt? I've never used one, but maybe I've just never done enough weight to justify it. I usually squat 260 (5x5) when working out and the best max I ever had was like 450 or something in high school.

makes you lift more weight

From what I've read the one in pic has a "pad" to support the back, but that's not the function of the belt.

It should help you to brace increasing intra abdominal pressure, and you can't get that pressure if the front part of the belt is smaller.

wait you cant ? I just always put them on pretty tight so it atleast feels like I can brace against it and create pressure ?

You can I guess, but not so much or as efficient as a same width belt.