A NYT opinion piece says 'yoga pants are bad for women'

Plenty of people aren't happy with the latest NYT opinion piece that says women only wear yoga pants "because they’re sexy" and suggests that they should wear sweatpants instead while working out.

nytimes.com/2018/02/17/opinion/sunday/yoga-pants-sweatpants-women.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur

Other urls found in this thread:

oregonlive.com/movies/2014/02/portlandia_season_4_episode_1.html
uclassify.com/browse/uclassify/genderanalyzer_v5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Women bitch and moan about men objectifying them.

>proceed to dress in the most scantily clad clothing they can possibly find.

This is literally how stupid women are.

>Don’t get me wrong. I have yoga pants — three pairs. But for some reason none of them cover my ankles, and as I said, it was 8 degrees outside. So I wore sweatpants.

Does the gym not have a locker room where people can change? If is is eight degrees out side then going home in damp sweaty clothes seems like a bad idea.

Agreed, finally women are realizing being a slut doesn't empower them at all.

So you think a woman is only deserving of respect if they dress in burkas and shit? I see dudes in my gym wearing stringers and bike shorts and shit. showing off everything. people should be allowed to go in public and feel attractive without having their value decreased.

one woman wrote an article. and hundreds of others disagreed with her about it

inb4 lel mad woman detected

Wrong. I just think most of the people on Veeky Forums have never actually interacted with a woman before lol.

is there a limit?

ass hanging out?

say you feel best about yourself with your nut & berries in the wind....can ppl tell you to put some clothes on then?

Kek, mad roastie detected.

Am I the only one who thinks sweatpants are fucking UGLY and uncomfortable? I'd rather wear shorts or something. also sweats and shorts on a girl are ugly. I'd rather see them in the gym in yoga pants. what are you guys, fags?

no wait, you're just mad because you're not the person these girls dress up for. You're not getting any so you're bitter lel.

This is painful

What is this tool?

as long as your genitals are covered I think you're good. don't let your titties, dick n balls, or vagina flap in the wind.

I'm glad I found the woman of my dreams. Grew up on a farm, big family, traditional Christian values (despite the fact I'm psychedlic drug user with amorphous spiritualism colored by buddhist leanings)

We were hosting a dinner party and my wife was cleaning up all the dishes. Some of the women were giving her shit that I wasn't "pulling my weight"

>"You're right. He doesn't pull his weight around here. He cleans and maintains my car, mows the lawn, takes out the trash, maintains fixes and remodels the house, unclogs drains. He only does all the dirtiest nastiest work around here, but you're right I should make him clean the dishes too. If I can get away with only cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, vacuuming and doing the laundry then that's fine by me."

hey it's a WOMAN that wrote that piece

>bla bla bla i'm a thot

White sharia now

So? If one woman says oh every single woman needs to start wearing sweatpants to the gym, and then the vast majority of women tell her to stfu, She's definitely the one who's wrong.

>people should be allowed to go in public and feel attractive without having their value decreased
I want to go into public naked, but clearly thats not okay

I don't give a flying fuck WHAT women wear. But if you wear skin tight leggings that are stretched enough to reveal your tan lines, don't be screaming bloody murder that men are fucking looking at your ass.

Wear whatever you want. Wear a C-string bikini and pasties on your fucking nipples for all I care. But I'm going to fucking look. Don't act all "woe is me, I'm being objectified" because I'm looking at what you're flaunting.

I'm living proof this detector is wrong as shit lmao.

you haven't noticed all the injuries caused by....sweatpants

holy shit, does shes actually believe that?

I look all the time when I'm at the gym. Just have the common decency to do it on the down low and don't stare like a fucking weirdo.

>"So you think a woman is only deserving of respect if they dress in burkas and shit? I see dudes in my gym wearing stringers and bike shorts and shit. showing off everything. people should be allowed to go in public and feel attractive without having their value decreased."

Yoga pants aren't slutty or trashy. WTF is this horseshit? When I surf, I wear a wetsuit. Am I just a peacocking chad?

Then you type like female bloggers you little faggot.

says the dude who gets triggered when a girl within looking distance wears anything but a sack

oregonlive.com/movies/2014/02/portlandia_season_4_episode_1.html

ask the dudes in your gym if they feel objectified when women look at them.

I wear sweatpants to gym every single day, and lift heavy, then I do stretches
Then I see thots doing meme exercises and then also stretching ... why the fuck do they need yoga pants to do meme exercises? ... because they are looking for attention
The yoga moms that come in for yoga, do their shit in yoga pants, and then gtfo

wow holy shit it's almost as if women and men have different social dynamics. It'd be more equivalent if instead of men and women in the world it was straight dudes and extremely ripped hypersexual gay men that preyed on them. then maybe you'd feel uncomfortable and objectified in the gym.

Fucking lmao

>yoga pants arent slutty
they are skin tight, they show every detail of your legs, ass, and sometimes genitals. if thats not slutty what is? and how in the hell is a wetsuit in any way related?

Most of Veeky Forums does. That tool is a joke.

>whiteknighting turbothots on a rhodesian potter forum

Just stop my goy.

Nice strawman.

>haha isn't it funny that women are incoherent in that they complain about sexual objectification while wearing ultra sexualizing clothes?
>HMM ARE YOU SAYING YOU HATE WOMEN?

Fucking soyposting.

But I like it when gay guys check me out (no homo).

that happens once or twice, and on the next trip to the gym you're wearing normal sweatpants again instead of creating tumblrposts about the evil gay men.

Value will be assigned however the fuck people want to. Wear whatever the fuck you want. People will look at whatever the fuck they want too and that includes your ass.

Also there is a difference between how men and women select potential paterns on average. Males tend to select putting a heavier emphasis on looks and, unlile women, their value dies not decrease that much by fucking around since it is harder for them to git sum fugg. Females select while males try to spread their seed. This can be seen even in our FUCKING GENES. 8000 years ago, 17 females reproduced for every male that did. Probably due to hypergamous selection criteria in the context of early Paretto distribution of success in agriculture.

RHODESIANS NEVER DIE

you can appreciate an attractive and sexy person without objectifying them, idiot. Say, by not harassing them, eye fucking them, or calling them sluts when they dress in a way that makes them feel attractive.

Getting hit on by gay guys I think is a bigger compliment than getting hit on by thirsty women.

>i have to expose the contours of my puckered asshole for safety reasons!

>NYT
>opinion on women clothing

who gives a shit

I will look at whatever the fuck I want. I will call a slut a slut if she is being a slut and is annoying me, just like I would call a fat fuck a fat fuck if he is being annoying. Also see And the term “objectification” is meaningless. We all do it by necessity due to the vast amount of relatively irrelevant people in our lives (see Dunbar’s number).

this
but you also got to remember that an average gay guy goes through way more partners than an average slut

>how in the hell is a wetsuit in any way related?
Well...they are skin tight, they show every detail of your legs, ass, and sometimes genitals.

If you think of sex when you see yoga pants, you're just a pervert. You should check out the next male cyclist you see and find out if you're also a fag.

yes but a wetsuit is only worn for water sports right? Yoga pants are by choice. most girls say they are very comfortable but cmon. we've all worn tight shit like that at least once, it aint comfortable. and then to top it all off they complain that you are sexualizing them in a situation they made themselves. just another case of femininst retard-women that want to have their cake and eat it too

I'd say they're at least as comfortable as boxer briefs, and a lot of guys prefer those. What about compression shirts and leggings guys wear in the gym? Do those make other people think of sex?

Some guys think of sex when they see bare feet. Some guys think of sex when they see the shape of a woman's legs. Yoga pants are full coverage activewear. If they make some people think of sex, that's on the sex-crazed guy just the same as it would be if he saw a bare foot and got horny.

What's their problem, actually I'd say quite a lot - if not most - people go to the gym to look better. This idiotic "how we feel" approach fits some fake shit like Planet Fitness with their pizza days and whatnot. Wouldn't be surprised if the author is part of the HAES movement.

It's about the fake complaining, user. Women march in the streets to "free the nipple" and the same women then complain if a man looks at their chest. If you don't want to be looked at, don't dress in a way that draws attention. Women are hardwired to do these kinds of utterly retarded shittests, and the correct response is to laugh at them or slap some sense into them. If you haven't noticed, Western society is dying out due to this society actually taking women seriously. Women are just advancing their own return to exactly that, burkas, and they do it by playing their retarded games that have no place in a civilized society instead of waking up to their responsibilities and stop blaming men for everything.

no, i dont think so. sure, some guys are attracted to feet or whatever, but ALL guys are attracted to ass pussy and boobs. it isnt our choice to be attracted to that but thats how it is. and women know this and they abuse it by wearing overly showy slutty clothing, like yoga pants.
>If they make some people think of sex, that's on the sex-crazed guy just the same as it would be if he saw a bare foot and got horny.
no, its on them, because every human ever born is fully aware of how sexual attraction works, and we all know you dont choose what you are attracted to. you do, however, choose how to present yourself, and if you present your ass and tiddies to everyone you see, dont complain that people look at them

Are baggy tshirts and compression pants acceptable? How about shorts? Is someone automatically a thot because of how they dress or are meme exercises mandatory? Would she still be a thot if she was doing retarded shit while wearing sweatpants?

So if I walk around with some type of clothing that shows you a very well-defined outline of my dick and balls that's just fine? And people thinking that's sexually provocative are weird?

If you're from tumblr, yes

you are acting as though its impossible for clothing to be slutty, i didnt think it required a debate to affirm that showing off your asscheeks to everyone is indeed slutty behavior

I think these are solid points. And I will agree that some women are doing what you are suggesting here. But I don't think that's most. I think most women who wear yoga pants do so for comfort. That's why they wear them when they're home alone as well. They don't wear push up bras when they're chilling on the couch.

I might just see it different than you do because I spent a lot of time in yoga studios, where every single woman wears yoga pants. If they were no different than thigh highs or low cut tops, the yoga studios would be like strip clubs. And I've never gotten that impression from any other dude there ever.

Also my wife is super trad and she wears yoga pants all the time. She doesn't wear make up, but she wears yoga pants. And I can assure you she's not doing it to show off.

I don't see it as the same. If the girl is showing her full pussy lips, that's obviously slutty. But her legs? Come on. Denim shows as much leg and ass as yoga pants.

Is this thot really wearing huraches?

>is there a limit?
No. Sluts should dress like sluts. Ugly clothes on women should be illegal.

all of 'em?

shorts are comfy and easy to wear!

I never understood the appeal of wearing yoga pants until my gf asked me to go to hot yoga with her.
I couldn't do many exercises with my standard gym pants since they are not flexible enough.
I borrowed some old pants from her, and while I looked like a faggot, I was able to do the poses way more easily.

uclassify.com/browse/uclassify/genderanalyzer_v5 is the tool I found that matches it.

I mostly own tight leggings since that's the type of work out clothes I get as a gift and I'm too poor rn, though I prefer the way sweats feel. But I kind of like guys looking at me when I wear cute clothing, idk being objectified is kind of fun. I think alot of girls complain abt it to humble brag.

Unless their story involves someone who physically harassed them in some way I don't think the man is in the wrong for looking.

user, ur gay

Post turd cutter

I'm bisexual, not gay senpai.

kek, even worse

>I’m gay, not gay

>two biggest dykes in my gym wear sweatpants every day
wonder if honor jones is a fat black lesbian...

also
>tfw the fuckable dyke always checks out your package when squatting

this thot looks good but she is going to permanently fuck her back up

Well, I don't like masculine guys, or even twinks. I only like women and traps. Though I wouldn't mind sucking a trap's dick, so yeah, that's pretty gay.

>ask yourself: "why?"
only incels and hideous 'feminists' are against hotties in tight pants

work out in whatever you feel comfortable working out in. I wear compression shorts UNDER trackpants, and a loose fitting $5 tshirt

from the article:

>step into some slouchy pants with me.
>We don’t have to look quite so good when we’re just trying to look a little better.

TL;DR: I look bad, so stop making me look worse by looking good.

I can't wait until the world is FULLY polarised

SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

Imagine being so weak that you're injured by your pants shifting slightly

Effeminate soyboy

Kek tell me more about it faggot.

This. gay guys have much better fashion sense in general and all than women

So you call this bi? I am exactly the same but dont know what to call myself (inb4 gay)
thanks

>run my actual blogposts through this thing
>most of my posts are 80%+ male
nice

SEXUALLY FRUSTRATED

>if instead of men and women in the world it was straight dudes and extremely ripped hypersexual gay men that preyed on them. then maybe you'd feel uncomfortable and objectified in the gym.
Then maybe don't wear the clothes of a whore?

No. I've had guys size me up in bars for fights. I've been mugged. I have never placed the blame on the aggressor, but on my own inabilities to cope with situation at hand.

My father imparted many lessons on me. Chief amongst them is that the onus is always on you. What should be is irrelevant. It is delusion to think otherwise. If women feel objectified, then the onus is on them to make themselves safe. It may suck, but that's reality.

As a man, I desire it to be socially acceptable to wear yoga pants in public without being harassed by some coked-up homophobe. Not going to happen.

They also turn a blind eye to the homosexual ran modeling industry destroying the minds and bodies of normal women everywhere and the obese food instustry shitters screaming about body positivity.
It's written by ugly bitches and faggots.
Who cares.

Shortd are the patrician choice

A rare glimmer of sense on this board

Lel this is so fucking funny wtf

There is a girl in my gym that wears shorts on top of yoga pants and properly fiting shirts.
I wanna marry her.

Neo puritanism of 3rd wave feminism desu

Sweat pants are hotter

SHORTS EXIST

Nobody is decreasing your value as a human beign for looking at you in a sexual way.
The concept of objectification is some bullshit man hating women invented to punish normal healthy male sexual impulses. And insecure women adopted.

Again. No normal man thinks you less of a human beign because they looked at your butt a second too long.

No it's the demonization of women's sexuality ONLY if it's in any way heteronormative.

That's how they keep themselves in business. Constantly sewing dischord and looking for shit to bitch about and demonize without actually fixing any problems that will make the lives of women and society at large better.

It's a business and means of controlling women afterall.

This thing is inconsistent as hell, I run ten of my paragraphs through this thing and it gives me nine different answers ranging from 96% female to 89% male. You're seriously retarded for giving it any credibility.

I see her point. Loose fit clothing is easier to trip on.

Plus I know a lot if women who wear yoga pants for comfort and genuinely do not like attention from guys.