What are some thing you learned the hard way, Veeky Forums?

What are some thing you learned the hard way, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria
youtube.com/watch?v=4-9J-3KeHec
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Drugs are bad.

came to post this

>you can't trust anyone but yourself.
>Assume everything you tell someone will not be held in confidence
>When you grow up, your heart dies

Trust no bitch.

Care to expound, anons?

Sleep is important

Lift with proper form. Ego lifting leaves you with a fucked up shoulder that's a nagging pain 24/7 365.
Also, some drugs are good.

If you aren't hard bulking as a dyel, you are wasting your time

People are a meme. Most just live fake lives putting on a facade.

Understanding relationships, dating etc. better. Not perfect, but learned a lot.

>Tfw I have a fucked up right shoulder right now and haven't been like twice this week

Getting muscles barely helps with girls

Most women have dated, would date, or fantasize about black man. My wife dated three black guys in her life and I only found out recently that she lost her virginity to one...his name is Corey so I thought he was white. She goes crazy when she sees mixed babies

Low fat diets are fucking shit for your hormones and your testosterone levels will take a nosedive if you don't eat enough sat and mono fats.

This fucked me up particularly when I was cutting. I'd get only 20% or so of my calories from fats, usually polyunsaturated fat because nuts were better for cutting, and the resulting low T made me lose muscle, not lose bodyfat fast enough, and I'd become lazy.

hard drugs are not what you think they are. they'll take you and steal all your agency and joy in life if you dont have the willpower to fight it. no matter how lightly and controlled you step into the world of drugs it will drag you down into a loop of self loathing and death that can only get worse. they are bad

T. Dyel

>t.

if you just BARELY finish a rep, don't do another one subsequently or you gonna move to snap city

Nothing will happen unless you make it happen.

You go to snap city if you have shit form, formlet.

what happened user? i don't really sleep that much but never cared about it

How 2 get grills

dont try and push for a higher and higher 1rm, 3 reps is the lowest you should go unless its a competition

can't maintain proper form if you go too far, retart

>never trust anyone but yourself
>assume everything you tell someone will not be held in confidence
This a hundred times. NEVER "share a secret" with someone unless you're prepared for the person telling others behind your back. What do you gain from sharing a secret with someone? A couple seconds of bonding? Ten seconds of conversation? It's not worth it. Keep shit to yourself. Don't share things about yourself that you can't let everyone know with ANYONE. That includes your girlfriend, you faggot. People WILL backstab you the instant you're not on great terms with them, which WILL happen.

I know you want to tell someone your secrets.
It's not worth it.
Keep it to yourself.

Hold on tight when doing skullcrushers

I am genetically pre-disposed to alcoholism

1. the only person who truly loves you is your mom but only because you're her son

2. killing yourself will only pass the pain to your friends and family

3. women are weaker and dumber than guys yet they have overall more control of our lives
and decisions, aka dating etc

4. if you want something or wanna do something, go get it or do it as fast as possible or else you might lose your chance and regret it later in life

but you just told us your secret about secrets

My life is shit because not only am I ugly but also a pampered pussy with no skills

-research a sport as much as you can to avoid injuries
-if you like a girl GO FOR IT else it'll be too late, you miss 100% of the shots you dont take
-trust no one but yourself

time is more limited than you think. Plan ahead your mesocycles and macrocycles in life as much as you consider them for your routines
>but I just lift bro whatever comes is ok I guess I dunno I can't foresee everything
pls no, that's a shitty excuse. At least try to have some realistic short, mid and long term goals.
Also, SMART
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria

yep

do not date women who mostly eat carbs/sweets/sugar. they will be crazy

you are getting cucked

you mean fat chicks?

>even 'light' drugs can fuck you up bad
>you may think your form is perfect but still end up in snap city

Dont fucking love to anyone more than you love god

"No one wishes you good, except your mom and your insurance company" - some commie Lebanese artist in one of his scenes

NEVER PUT THE PUSSY ON THE PEDASTOOL

Because you're young, try that shit when you're older and your body will give out

most are. i've had two 7/10 gfs and a friend with good bodies because they dont eat a lot and dance sometimes but ignore anything about nutrition.

also dated a thicc mehican who I dropped because she ate like shit. now shes engaged to some soyboy and I laugh hard at seeing her balloon.

Living a hard alcoholic lifestyle and lifting dont mix. Ended up with a slew of injuries.

>For fuck's sake, you should have done SS instead of thinking it was a meme and fucking around for 3 years.

>skull crushers
>skull is still intact

This.

If you have your family has a history of balding, you need to hop on fin NOW. Don't wait and see, even just a little recession is worse than a perfect hairline.

Take your cuck fantasies elsewhere faggot

1 do a real program until 1/2/3/4 for reps
2 keep your mouth shut
3 if you want something done you got to do it yourself
4 women are not to be trusted

Me too. It took 2 years but I finally beat it.

im proud of you

changed the second and you're an ugly person with a slightly more fulfilled life

bone appetit
*sniffs*

>Social outcasts might be the sweetest people you'll never meet.
>Trust no one
>if you're doing something for someone else than yourself, you'll never enjoy it.

Everything you know it's bullshit until you prove it yourself

Looks like Corey’s still in your house

people will laugh at you when you hurt yourself

1. Keep your cool. It doesn't matter how right you are after you lose your temper. Being a man means being in control.

2. Never settle. It's so easy to fall into routines and get comfortable. You know what you want out of life. People will tell you that you can't. Remember that most people are miserable. Don't let them bring you down.

3. Stay disciplined. Drugs, food, TV, sex, any of it can be distracting and take time away from your goals. For example, I love weed. I don't smoke anymore. I made decisions based on smoking weed, and I lost significant amounts of time, friends, and happiness. Most things in the world are out there to waste your time and keep you complacent. See #2. Live a life worth living, don't waste it like most others do.

4. Don't trust anything you say to anyone to be kept in confidence. Don't go being an autist with no friends, but don't feel the need to overshare. Think what you want, but behave like others.

5. Take chances. Say yes when you can. Talk to that girl. More times than not I'm happy I did something rather than not. When things don't go well, usually I've learned something. When I didn't learn something, at least I have a story to tell.

first impressions are tres importante, always be in control. do whatever the fuck you want with it make yourself useful, interesting. but do not let yourself feel like you didnt ace it. do or do not, there is no try

Nice try schlomo

sounds like picked a real winner buddy.

Natty lifting is pointless unless you actually care about health and nothing else

Decent advice brother, I'd bet money that you pretty much have your shit together

Lifting is pointless as a manlet.

Women are not worth it

can you imagine living with such a demented worldview that you'd actually take the time to type out and post something so delusional?

>ego lifting

what is it?

also, i can do pullups fine going UP, but always have moderate/severe pain in my left shoulder on the way DOWN. wth is going on?

agree. people are always quoting arnold or some shitty motivational meme from reddit, saying "GO ALL OUT ALL THE TIME PUSH YOURSELF TO 150% blah blah blah"

No. Sure, go "hard," but more importantly, go slowly and steadily, with good form and consistently for many months/years.

1. Always walk with good posture
2. You're gonna need the belt
3. Always invest in good fitting shoes
4. It is about the diet
5. Always be the most dependable and accountable person in the room at work
6. It's alright to fuck around in different career areas, you won't regret missing out on something if you try it now
7. Make the first move
8. Be open and transparent with people, but keep some cards close to your chest
9. Good male friends with always outlast a great girlfriend
10. Good family will always run deeper than good friends, but good friends will run deeper than bad family
11. Keep a budget
12. Count the calories
13. Three months is generally enough at a job to understand how the system works, after that, if it is a mental job, it probably has not much else to offer. Career jobs usually are the same with 1 to 2 years being the limit. Always aim to move up.
14. College isn't needed. It helps, but generally there are very few jobs out there that are outside the grasp of a normal person without formal education.
15. Take more pictures, I know this one is gay but memory is fleeting, it's nice to have physical accounts of certain days and experiences.
16. Every interaction is a moment to learn about the human condition. If someone tells you to fuck off to your face while you're sitting harmlessly on a park bench, think of it as a way to learn how humans work and think.
17. Always wrap up. If you are willing and prepared to raise the child that you created, then you can go in without wrapping up. Doesn't feel as good? Get a vasectomy.
18. Better to be master of a skill than a jack of all trades, master of none.
19. You can probably fix it yourself.
20. Forgive often, but remember everything.

>You know what you want out of life. People will tell you that you can't.

but what if you don't know what you want out of life? i studied classical music in uni, am very talented at it, i love music, but i have NO IDEA what i want out of life. how to into decision-making???

very progressive of you user

ego lifting is when you keep trying to lift weight you aren't nearly strong enough for but you do shitty form so you can claim you can lift more.

>Good male friends with always outlast a great girlfriend
faggot detected

That I can't stick to a lifting program for more than 6 months.

DO THE WORK PUSSY! 100 SQUAT REPS EVERY SESSION!!!

Do you have a nintendo switch?

-Do SS
-Lifting shoes are not optional
-Do SS
-Bench press needs more than bench press to steadily improve after LP
-No, really, do SS

I also fantasize about some choco booty bitch, can't blame them honestly, tho I would love to

The sooner you bull up the better

>my wife
being this much of a cuck

Never ever fucking quit
youtube.com/watch?v=4-9J-3KeHec

That lifting weights is a meme and sprinting can achieve optimal results much faster since it combines cardio and resistance in one.

AVE

Bitches really ain’t shit and they’re all looking to be led. Any and all situations in which relationships break down are men’s fault it’s like hating a dog for being untrained when women play up. They really are that immature and if you want them to treat you right you HAVE To be better than them and know it. People assume that women want total equality that’s absolute horseshit.

eventually your passion for this shit dies and you just go through the motions to preserve the 8 years of really pretty mediocre gains you've accrued

>no context as to what is or had happened.

eat your veggies

I used to quit a lot and now I quit a lot less. Lifting/studying/projects

kek

If she did it to someone else, she will do it to you.

If you have horrific lower body mobility and super tight muscles. Don't just keep squatting your max because you will injure yourself bad.

Yeah, two things really

1) Steroids don't fix your sadness
They ruined my perception of what it means to become and feel strong and desireable

It's like putting in cheat codes into a game you've been playing. The game isn't the same anymore...

2) Nobody cares about you more than yourself

You can't be the guy alone in the office
If you are the loner nobody will respect you and that is the title you will hold forever

You're a loner, you dont defend yourself, you bend over and do anything someone says because they know you will not stand up for yourself out of fear of confrontation

Don't bulk like crazy because you'll end up fat in upper 20's bodyfat percentage and you won't be able to see ur gains, you'll be a pudgy mess.
t. Pudgy dyel trying to get lean

>20. Forgive often, but remember everything.
just like POTUS. anyone remember that?

Nobody loves me because I don't love me
Money doesn't make you happy but it helps a lot
Weed is not innocent if it becomes a habit
Internet/social media addiction is a real thing
I've wasted the most determining years of my life
I'm going to die one day

No matter what I do, you'll still be gone

>I've wasted the most determining years of my life
I wasted the first half of my college years doing one thing, realized it and changed.
But then wasted the second half on something else.

Fuck.

I'm talking from 10yo to 25yo spent staring at a computer screen eating cheetos