What are barbell exercises that I can do to replace squat?

What are barbell exercises that I can do to replace squat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FMbb9aFFHwc
youtube.com/watch?v=GeiHrhiJOqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rear foot elevated split squat

weighted lunges
front squat

none

/thread

Why would you want to replace squats? I used to be the same way - I hated squats because I was bad at them. Fix your form if that's the issue because you're likely doing it wrong. If that's not it, reverse lunges are pretty great

Nothing replaces back squats.

Hack squats

You could replace it with the squat

>1pl8
>elbows directly underneath bar
how did he ever make it?

hypothetically someone with a spinal or leg injury would want to replace barbell squats

Probably with the leg press and other machines.

He's squatting in trainers with a hyper-extended back.
His knees are also inside the span of his feet. He'll go into valgus the second he starts to lift heavy.

steroids

by training his upper body hard and doing some token, machine based leg work

you know, like 99% of the guys at your gym that look good

Most people at the gym who "look good" have no fucking clue what they're doing. The (second)biggest, one of the strongest and certainly the guy with the highest FFMI in my gym squats at least once a week. He tries hard, keeps to himself, but is friendly the couple of times I've spoken to him. There's also zero chance he still has his natty card.

>going to the gym for 5 weeks now
>squat day doesn't kill my legs like it used ot
>never seen anyone on the leg press before
>decide ill add a leg press session at the end
>machine is taken and no time wait before work.

>Most people at the gym who "look good" have no fucking clue what they're doing.
then why do they look better than the majority of people following well thought out internet routines?

it's almost like program design and exercise selection isn't really the end all be all, and progressive overload over a long period of time and consistency in diet and training is far more important

Squats are for dyels do good mornings instead
youtu.be/FMbb9aFFHwc
YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT

none, just accept that the squat is an essential part of lifting

trap bar DLs

>wants to replace best exercise
Why must you hurt me like this op?

low bar squats

I've been beginning to lift recently, and it's really disappointing to see that I don't think I'm able to do a proper squat due to poor leg flexibility I've always had problems with.

Is there a Veeky Forums endorsed set of stretches that could get me able to do deep squats? As it is I can't even go horizontal properly without falling backwards, and I'm not sure I'd do a good enough job making my own set of stretches to get there.

Help me make it Veeky Forums

do heavy Zercher squats you fucking twink

youtube.com/watch?v=GeiHrhiJOqU

This. I would do really nasty squat mornings, buttwink, and come up heavily on my stronger leg. I used to dread doing squats because they felt fucking awful.
>knees always in pain
>going to depth was uncomfortable
>bad form reinforced my asymmetric imbalance
>sore back

After about 6 months of no gym, but learning/focusing on clean pistol squats I fixed my imbalance, acquired better mobility to correct buttwink and now I feel very comfortable high-bar squatting. Unfortunately the lack of barbell squatting, and using correct form drastically reduced my squat by 120lbs. Sucks, but now I actually enjoy squats.

>t. doesn't know proper squat form

Your elbows are supposed to be underneath the bar you mongoloid.

Leg press

This is inspiration. Skinny DYELer, got up to 315x3. Fucked up my SI joint, probably due to bad squat form (and ego lifting to get to magical 315). Can only do front squats now. Gotta do the faggy rehab work, heal, then reset my form.

Can't do pistol squats to save my life. Will start there on the climb back up

front squat

Split squats
Lunges
Hack Squats
Jefferson deadlifts
Zercher deadlifts to squats
Front squats

Stop sitting down on chairs all day. It will fix your squat.

I threw away my desk and PC after quitting video games and squatting became so much easier. I actually stand up and walk around instead of sitting down all day

Behind the neck quadricep kettlebell extension

Front squat

Tpbp

>see your retarded opinion in another thread
>thought about filtering but thought it was a one off thing
>see that guys post in this thread and think to myself im glad he has no (you)s because he's ignorant
>you reply to him
hilarious

Same boat user. We're all gonna make it brahs

>leg press
>low handle hex bar deadlift for high reps