Pay $70/month

>pay $70/month
>gym is closed half the time I can actually work out
How expensive is it to join the home gym meme?

$500 of craigslist will get you weights, bar, bench and adjustable dumbbells. Prime time to buy the shit the NYR faggots are dumping is coming soon.

If you can't go to the gym any time between 5am and 10pm, it is 100% because you aren't making it a priority. Stop being a lazy fuck.

Some people have jobs and/or school which yes, take precedence over the gym. Don't be a retard.

So does fucking everyone else. You have four hours before a 9-5 and five hours after, but you can't do anything unless it's at 1am? Get the fuck out of here.

>work full time
>take classes after
Are you really too much of a brainlet to understand that?

All new equipment, around 1500 USD; Craigslist is your friend and it's weight training hunting season on CL right now.

If you take classes after a full time job, then go to the gym in the morning retard. It's not that complicated.

Not everybody works a 9-5, retard. I work 7-4 to accommodate my class schedule.

>$18/mth 24h gym with power racks
suck it

depends on the deals you can find and you're overall budget
i spent ~1200 on mine

just dropped about a grand and got a nice set up
Could go as low as 500 and get a working setup
>plates
used off craigslist, different areas will have different prices i ended up paying 75 cents per lb.
>rack
try to buy used off craigslist as well if you can find posts with a reputable brand (the more weight you are pushing the more you want a quality rack)
Also consider just getting a squat rack as opposed to a power rack they can be cheaper and serve the same purpose
I paid around 350 for a rack and spotter arms from titan that claims to hold 1000 lbs.
>bench
same as rack find a reputable name used or just buy titan for 100 bucks
>barbell
the barbell is where you want to splurge. Go for a quality barbell. Used barbells are fine but do your research based on your needs and buy a good one.
I went with a rogue ohio power bar to suit my needs.

Anytime fitness is open 24 hours.
During my first months, I went to the gym at 11 pm to avoid people.

go during more popular hours so there are more thots to creep on

6pm on a fucking SATURDAY. ditch this shit-tier gym OP

Have three kids and get back to me beta boy

How are they? My other option is Planet Fitness which is shit

PF gets a bad rap. If you're a competitive athlete or are looking to be Mr Olympia huge, then sure its probably not the right gym for you.

But if you're on a budget, and its close, its just fine. Youll make progress, see gains, and because its marketed to people who arent trying to truly work to improve themselves, you'll find your machines/weights are available almost all the time.

From what I hear they don't even have free weights, though.

They have dumbells that range in what they cap at. The one near me I think goes to 65-70.

And while not the same as true weights, they do have smith machines, which if you're a beginner or again not trying to be a competitive lifter, will still get the job done.

hours are cool. but the gyms are always different everywhere and the prices are laughably insane, and they purposely make it difficult to cancel your membership. fuck anytime fitness

Dumbbells =/= Barbells
Which PF don't have, so don't bother shilling them. If you're not lifting a bar, you're not strength training efficiently. You can't even pull deads at PF.

whats the typical price? i was seeing $30-$40/month when googling

Hey soyshit do me a favor and GTFO!

I actually prefer gyms with "insanely" high prices. They tend to have higher quality equipment and less retarded clientele.
However, if you are paying $70 a month for a gym that closes at 6pm like , then you really only have yourself to blame.

I went to an anytime fitness for two years and I thought it was OK. Not great, but it had two powerracks and round plates for $50 a month.

Tbh, I'm really surprised people think $50 a month is a lot. Have you people checked your cable bill?

I just put together a home gym for about $800 total, all new equipment because I couldn't find shit worth buying on Craigslist.

Power cage + bench: 330 @ Amazon
CAP 300 lb weights and barbell: 300 @ academy sports
Power cage dip attachment: 40 @ amazon
4 ft x 6 ft rubber mat x 2: 60 @ tractor supply
Dip belt: 30 @ amazon
Curl bar: 40 @ dicks

It's not high end equipment but it gets the job done and I don't have to worry about dropping my spaghetti at the gym. And I can make productive use of rest breaks between sets with doing chores around the house.

The gym I go to was the only one in town until 3 years ago. A couple new ones opened up but they are even more expensive and have just as shitty hours.
Anytime Fitness opened up last year and Planet Fitness is opening up soon so I may check out the Anytime Fitness and give them a shot.

>Tbh, I'm really surprised people think $50 a month is a lot. Have you people checked your cable bill?
My cable (internet) bill is $40/month for 100mbit

I work as auditor for B4. I work from 8:30 to 11. KYS.

>lifting at hardcore bodybuilding gym
>only paying $10/month
i seriously got lucky for what gyms are in my area