Is it possible?

I'm 24 and have been weightlifting since I was 18. I have been consistent in it and the majority of my lifts are in an "elite" category. I want to get into gymnastics. Is it possible to become a decent gymnast even though I'm starting late? I'm able to do a front lever easily and 4x one arm pull ups.

Anything is possible faggot
Except you getting a gf

mmm.

likely not.

most elite gymnasts have been training every single day since they were like 10. (in some countries, its semi forced on them, depending what body type and natural talent they have).

the thing is, its not just about raw upper body strength, but the enormous amount of actual technical training and skill that has to accompany it...yeah, most elite male gymnasts can do like 30 pullups easy. but they can also hold a handstand for minutes, do tucks, layouts, handsprings, pommel, etc

but hey, if wanna go for it, go for it. stranger thinks have probably happened. it couldnt be anything but good for your upper/lower body strength and aesthetics, so why not

Op wants to be decent, not Olympic tired. Read post

lmao r u me. same age, same time when i started lifting, and recently bought some wooden rings to do some gymnast stuff.

We are of two bodies, one soul.

>injuries sustained by the victim consistent with third-degree burns, skin grafting highly recommended

whats your bw

posts your lifts

also how did you get a one arm pull up. and how long did it take ?

oh shit. i guess i monged out

pretty much anyone can easily be a 'decent' gymnast. even more so if you already have an extremely strong upper body. it will just make learning the technique that much easier

source: i took gymnastics like once a week casually for a couple years back when i was in grade school. even to this day, i could whip out some handsprings, tucks, aerials if i wanted to. pretty easy honestly.

>weight: 131
>bench: 255
>dl: 425
>squat: 380
>ohp: 160

I've been training like an autismo ever since I started. I just have almost no social life. Never tried a one arm pull up until recently, when someone asked if I could do it. Turned out that I could just do it. To be fair, I have a pull up bar in my room and I do a minimum of 200 a day (10x20).

>elite

who are you quoting

For my bodyweight, it is. We can't all start off with a high bodyweight, can we?

maybe not elite, still pretty impressive considering OP's bodyweight

Yeah I know I know. You can do bodyweight I guess, you probably have above average genetics. Just stick to 4-6 goals and take your time it’s alot more connective tissue intensive. You can follow coach sommers work but they’re pretty fucking pretentious. Only do mobility for what you need, unless you have specific mobility goals. Specificity is key and so don’t strech you’re self too thin.

Also don’t listen to the fags on bwg most people who do bodyweight think they know eveything about bodyweight just because theyre twinks who can do shitt straddle planches.

What kinda gymnastics you wanna do?

It might be tough to find adult gymnastics training if you're not close to a large city but there's probably a tricking group nearby if you're into stuff like that

im the guy who asked you

keep it up man, if this is your goal fight and train for it, dont let these metacucks descourage you

you are strong for your bodyweight

You can do gymnastics for fun and make some achievements but you will never be a 'decent' gymnast at this point anymore but why would you want to be? It's never going to be a career just do it to have fun.

.t ex gymnast who transitioned into weightlifting

are you in owg?

Rings or pommel horse
Thanks senpais, I'll fight for my dream like Naruto fought his way to be Hokage
I want to do it because its been my dream since I was a child. I gave up on it when I was young when mum told me it was homo and I would never be recognized within the family if I pursued it. But now I want to do it again.

people here try to mock you if you arent a 6 feet and 200 lbs roided juice

but what really matters for performance is the pound for pound strenght, this is the ultimate redpill

Than just go for it.

Not regularly.