Which protein is the best overall? I think it's tuna

Which protein is the best overall? I think it's tuna.

Pros
>cheap
>high protein to dollar ratio
>doesn't require cooking or preparation
>dense, you can eat it quickly
>low fat and low carb

Cons
>it tastes like shit
>it looks like shit
>contains soy
>mercury poisoning
>your breath smells like tuna for the rest of the day

I prefer chunk light. It mixes better in tuna salad and, apparently, has lower mercury than white tuna (albacore).
“FDA testing has shown that canned light meat tuna has an average of 0.1 parts per million (ppm) and that Albacore (white meat) tuna has an average of 0.35 ppm

I have that exact brand OP. I don't really have anymore protein left and it's the only source I have arm. Is it even worth it to eat it since it contains Soy? Every fucking thing has soy in it nowadays.

>Hi, how are you? Bumblebee Tuna.

Dannon light and fit greek yogurt

only real answer

Let me put what's basically an onion and tuna patty into a hot pan for 3 minutes. It definitely won't leave the onions raw in the middle.

Good try onionman

Curious:
Trying to eat on disciplined economic budget
Must order most things through amazon
List so far
Tuna
Chicken patties (frozen)
Oatmeal
Protein powder
lifting vitamins

What staples am I missing? I want to cut yet still have the required energy to lift and job hunt/impress during interviews

Fine then, fag.

>1 can of tuna + 4 eggs
>564 mg cholesterol
dropped

If you aren't eating a can of pic related at least once a week you aren't committed to bettering your self.

>dem calories
>from dem good fats
>and dem proteins

Get yourself some sort of low GI bread and you've got a meal.

Forgot the picture because I'm retarded. Haven't eaten my sardines yet.

a 200 pound person can have 1.5 cans of chunk light per day and stay below the WHO toxicity limit for mercury. (different for pregnant women)

1 full onion to 1 can of tuna??

salmon, chicken thigh, ribeye.

>cholesterol is bad
>muh blood vessels are inflamed, instead of removing the source of inflammation let me just avoid eating what my body uses to fix inflammation

WHO is a bunch of cucks anyway
I'll eat as much mercury as I fucking want before I let some communist DYELs tell me what I can and can't eat

Kirkland white albacore has twice as much as this soy garbage. Kirkland has 48g per can

Eggs
BCAAs
Wheat bread
Brown rice
Green beans

>tastes like shit

Try these snacks. Fucking delicious and easy to eat on the go. You can eat a couple for the necessary protein

many thanks

skipjack has less mercury
canned salmon isn't much more expensive and has even less mercury
i eat ~1kg of pink salmon and 0.75kg of skipjack tuna weekly, plus chicken, beans, nuts and cheese.

>contains soy
source?

sardines are better because they don't contain all that mercury
chunk light also has less mercury than albacore

I fucking love these fishy bastards. You can eat a crap ton of them without worrying about mercury poisoning. Plus you can't find a better food with omega-3. I've made some sardine ramen with brown rice and millet noodles. Just fried them up and then cooked some vegetables in leftover oils and I used some chicken stock (I don't have any dashi) and added some miso paste and had a delicious dinner. Then yesterday for lunch, I put a little bit of butter on these small slices of baguette and pan fried them, cooked up some jalapenos and tomatoes (I fucked up on the tomatoes and they ended up being a mushy puree), then I mixed a can with some coarsely ground mustard, and I put them all on top and added some cilantro.

I still have a can left. Anybody have any recommendation on what I should try to make next? I've recently gotten into cooking, and I've been trying to find a good balance between cooking tasty shit and cooking nutritious food. I guess I could make some fishermen's eggs too.

I've heard this shit before. Are you talking about Omega-6 fats? I remember reading about it being a certain type of fat that's in our diet, but if you eat fairly clean, it's not an issue at all.

I tried this, cooked them a bit longer in the pan. It was good, and definitely curbed my appetite, but I would suggest cutting the salt down to 1/2 or 2/3, it overpowered everything else.

>(((2)))-4 eggs

don't use recipes from Veeky Forums

CANNED SALMON MASTER RACE

This. I buy canned salmon from the 99 cents store along with my other groceries

Scratch that, I read the recipe wrong when I did it, put a tablespoon in instead

Silly me

I go with canned sardines. Only .68 cents Canadian per can.

>tastes like shit
Buy the Italian brand that's preserved in olive oil. I'm telling you, it's like a whole 'nother food. I'm addicted to it, yet I can't stand tuna in salt water

>mixed a can with some mustard

So by mix, do you mean you break up the sardines into a chunk or paste? I want to eat more sardines but I haven't found a recipe I actually liked. What you described with the bread sounds good

Yeah, it doesn't have to be mushed up to a fine paste, just make it a consistency that you like.

I'm probably going to try to bake some lower carb bread and start spreading that shit on that, and add some chopped onions/scallions. I'm not trying to go keto, but I do want to keep my carbs to around 100-120g a day since diabetes is pretty prevalent in my family.

Just came to see if this was posted.

Chunk light is cat food. Literally smelliest most disgusting shit. Not even edible.

>people don't realize that in Burgerland we've been feeding all our animals soy for the last century
>people don't realize that Burgerland produces the most soy in the world

tunino?

You know you're a shitty fucking person for eating fish right? It's objectively immoral. You're killing innocent sentient creatures. Fuck you asshole. Go vegan

Nobody gives a fuck about your moral food choices. Go be a militant vegan somewhere else.

>wahhhhhhhh I know I'm immoral but I choose to do so fuck off for telling me I'm immoral

Little baby carnist waahh

For not a lot more money, you can get canned/pouch salmon that tastes pretty similar and doesn't have the same mercury risk. You don't have to switch over completely, but maybe take a look at how much you are eating. I eat a 6oz pouch of either every day, and that is a lot of tuna to the point where mercury really does become a concern.

fish is the only food with any correlation to living a long time

I've tried it too. I make two regular sized patties instead of 6 small ones. It's surprisingly palatable especially if you get a nice crust on the outside. You probably want to cook them for a bit longer like the other user said. Also try adding some chili flakes.
Half of a tennis ball sized onion is pretty much all you need. You can add more or less based on preference.

Best is bone broth 1 cup is 40cal and 9g prot

Rabbit. Leaner than chicken and you can raise enough of it to feed yourself all year long in nothing more than a shed.

Our oldest boy is in charge of raising the rabbits for us and for sale. I figured out that our cost for finished lb of meat was $.78

>Lemon Pepper master race

Here is file

We need a recipe general thread

Oh shit user. You the fag that raises chickens and rabbits?

100% this. Starkist Tapatio and Bumble Bee Sriracha are my favorites.

yes

How much does it cost you to raise chickens. How much space do they need. I'd love to raise them in my backyard one day. I'm mainly wanting fresh eggs rather than slaughtering them for meat.

Not him, but I read through one of those "raising your own food on .5/1/2/etc acres of land" when I was bored at work a while ago. You don't need a ton of land, but you do need to check the local laws because tons of places have regulations making it difficult to do livestock especially, even gardening is restricted in some places.

I was looking into the ordanences in my town and I guess it's alright to raise chickens and even having a bee colony, but you need HoA approval and you need to properly dispose of their waste and have a proper enclosure for them. All of which I can do, but the HoA where I currently live are a bunch of stick up their asses, so I doubt I would get approval. Maybe the next place I move to, I'll have better luck. I'm just thinking of the future, how I want to have my own fresh eggs and honey. The subburbs suck, and the city is too expensive. Even though I love the city live, I might as well move out to the boonies where I have more freedom to do shit that I want to do. It sounds like a pretty comfy life to me desu.

>HoA where I currently live are a bunch of stick up their asses
That's everywhere user. I get that they are somewhat needed so you don't have a neighbor put an actual junkyard in his lawn, but I've never seen one not go too far with shit like "Your mailbox isn't the proper shade of brown, and that's problematic".

I can't speak on raising chickens in the city or in the back yard.

Our chickens aren't fed any supplemental grain. We keep 12 chickens to a tractor that is 12'x12' and we have 6 tractors. The tractors are moved every day throughout the paddock.

Our rabbits get supplemental feed to give them some more mass, but they primarily feed from greens harvested from a cleared acre

Damn, that's quite a few chickens. How many acres do you have dedicated for the chickens? I'm sure it's hard work raising all those animals but I'm sure it's rewarding.

72 birds?! What do you do with all them eggs? Why do you have so many and why have them in tractors you need to move every day? Also. If you're not feeding the feed, doesn't that hurt your egg laying?

You can always use egg whites. Also cholesterol isn't even that bad

Oh calm down. I'm usually a snob about food and I use it for tuna salad sandwiches all the time, it tastes just fine. I actually like it better than solid white because it mixes better. Literally nothing wrong with it.

Tried this a while ago. Too much salt, pepper, onion and garlic per patty.

>How many acres do you have dedicated for the chickens? I'm sure it's hard work raising all those animals but I'm sure it's rewarding.
I don't have any land dedicated to any one animal. The chickens are actually serving a utilitarian purpose on our property.

I've adopted a rotating paddock system on the land to miminize our ecological pressure on it and maximize it's effective health and productivity.

In short we raise a small herd of cows, goats, pigs and chickens.

Our land is divided into paddocks. And each animal is rotated through the paddocks on a schedule. Cows prefer lush rich young grasses. Goats prefer the woody plants, and pigs will eat anything left over. When the cows come into the paddock it's lush and green and just starting to really get thick. They go through and eat all their favorite stuff leaving the woody stuff for the goat who come through next. Finally the pigs come through and finish off what's left and root around in the dirt. The chickens are put through the paddocks to go through between them.

the chickens are a dead-end species for parasites that might be lingering after a group has passed through. They go through and look for mites, worms, and whatever else catches their fancy and they disperse what's left behind. The pigs through their routing around in the dirt disturb the natural seedbank in the soil which is a trigger for grass sprouting. Then the paddock is left to rest as everything moves on.

soyboy

Sounds like a fairly sustainable system, that's pretty neat.

Cockroaches

Absolutely miles ahead in the protein:weight ratio and cheap to farm

Made these they good as fuck garlic and salt really overwhelming though.

It is quite sustainable and I actually have more production than if the system were not being used.

When we first moved here I set up the paddocks and spread the grass seeds and let it sit for a year before bringing in the animals. The old timer next to us told me "I'm sorry to say I think your eyes were bigger'an yer land. You got too many head" Now he uses the same system. He's increased his earnings by nearly double, almost completely eliminated his veterinary bills and has completely eliminated his need for anti-biotics and other vector treatments. He's also substantially reduced his feed bill, and his land like mine is developing a healthy top soil. And he runs 120 cattle, 20 more than he was able to before. Including the addition of revenue streams like eggs, pigs and goats. And the best part is neither of our properties smell like a farm.

my former marine chad dad tried to raise us on our own chickens for a year but eventually gave up because the butchering and defeathering was too hard on him
his friend owned pigs and cows that hed pay to get butchered while he was away on vacation, dad told me it often ruined their trip and the friend would still get emotional about it several days/weeks later. both really strong guys

does the butchering not get to you? any advice on not being affected by it besides being a psychopath

He's on a massive farm, theres so many fucking animals that its impossible to get attached
Small scale house raising is entirely different

It's a hard thing to get used to honestly. And without getting too preachy I think it would help a lot of people if they were more closely involved in their food than simply buying a package of meat at the store. It might solve some of the issues we have regarding overeating.

But putting that aside. I love each and every one of my animals. They all have their own personalities and qualities. And to take a knife to their throat is incredibly difficult. But I balance it with the knowledge that I raised them in an ecologically responsible way which allowed them to eat and get strong and healthy all without the use of veterinary drugs and eating their natural varied diet while constantly moving around our land to fresh feed. They grew up not fearing any human, never getting hit with a cane or fist like on a massive farm. And when it's their time they get knocked out and put out instantly without much in the way of emotional trauma.

And I know that all the hard work we put into raising them in this manner which respects their health and wellbeing, and that of our land will ultimately lead my family to having healthier food and those we sell to.

The rabbits though. God that's tough. 12 years and I still get teary eyed dressing out those little bastards.

Thats some wise fucking Zen shit.

How do your kids handle it?

Honestly better than I do I think.
They've grown up around it. And that adaptability of kids is pretty strong.

Does anyone else get tuna piss? A couple of hours after eating tuna and I,get the most noxious stream of liquid fish juice.

M E R C U R Y
E
R
C
U
R
Y

>not eating POTAD (Pound Of Tuna A Day) for them sick mercury gainz
never gonna make it

Is this why my dick will smell like fish if I havent showered in a couple days?