Could you bench these dumbbells Veeky Forums? Is it an impressive weight?

Could you bench these dumbbells Veeky Forums? Is it an impressive weight?

(This is 110 lbs for fellow muricans)
I'm not super awesome and can do it. I'm sure faggots on this board will call me weak.

>Could you bench these dumbbells Veeky Forums? Is it an impressive weight?
with both hands yeah
but I'm weak as shit and my chest sucks
but I'm going to keep at it, one day I'll be able to actually bench a respectable weight

Wow your very strong

I could do it for like, 2 or three. I dont do DB bench though

Can do the 40kg ones for 5x5 I guess I could hit 2, maybe 3 reps?

I can do 100kg barbell bench, but I doubt I could do it, with the dumbells there's a lot more to it. you have to lift them up off of the floor, hold them up while you lay back on the bench and then start the movement which requires a lot more stability than the barbell. I only use 24kg dumbells for my incline db press

I doubt it. When I do dumbbell benchpress at all, I do 3x12 with around 24kg.

never tried. most ive done is 10 reps of 70lbs. so probably one rep.

100% guarantee if i posted a pic of myself I would be called a fatty by the board

2x110lb DB press is pretty close to a 285lb BB bench which I doubt even 1% of this board can do for 1 rep.

At the same time, I am skelly, and I don't fucking disrespect fatties. My ideology in life is, I may be tall, but I'm weak as shit, and I won't be a particularly big threat to literally anyone till my lifts and weight increase quite substantially.

I'm saying you could probably whoop me.

We shouldn't be shitty to each other after all we all have the same goal. To get swole. Keep working on it dude I'm sure you roll make it man.

The fuck is KB

There is kg and lb, pick one

Check the pic again fag

KG I read KB too

That's not an ideology

>Get curious and try to do 100 lb DBs
>Manage to do 3 reps full rom
>Can't even budge 225 lb BB off my chest

Never tried, I've done 95's pretty easily and 100% sure I can do the same reps with 100's so 10 extra pounds shouldnt kill me, r-right?

I only got 41KG for 2,5 reps.

Maybe once.. maybe not, I could probably push press it though

what’s the conversion?
if you can lift x DB you can lift y on BB?

most ive done is 80lbs. don't see many at the gym lifting above 50-60lbs

I have maxed out at 100lbs, so no.

fucking skeleton trying to throw us off
im onto you
probably huge huh?

i've done 80lbs at when i was 150lbs. but then again, i'm a manlet.

Dumbell bench press master race.

When I was /fatstrong/ I was about 230 benching 90lb for a 5x5.

Now I do 55 3x10 but I've cut a lot of weight so I'm not progressing much.

It's more like:

Progress is slow but my lifts are increasing slowly at this weight. I wonder what it will be like when I hit 3x10. I used for flat bench 200. That shit is extremely difficult.

Doubtful mate. That's like doing 135 for ten and then deciding you can bench 240. It's 80lbs difference, plus progression on DBs is harder.

Either half repping or more likely bullshit. This is like saying you front squated 240 for a triple but can't back squat 225. Makes no sense.

Real question, could you OHP it?

OHP DB progression is brutally slow. Just got to 65s, but I feel like making it is 80s

O.o
ok I lied I'm like you
I did 100s not 110s
I'm not sure if i would die either
To be fair the gym didn't have 110s
It does now
But they are full metal
And I'm afraid my spaghetti grip will slip and i will crush my skull

I can BB bench 225 for 3x5, so I might be able to, but I haven't DB benched since I first started lifting and was scared of the BB. I'd think I might be able to pull a 1rm with them though.

impressive. I cant

Same here f.am. OHP 155 for 5. DB bench 100’s for 5. BB bench 225 for 3. Is there something I’m not doing that maximizes my bench that I’m not doing? Not half repping btw

Maybe weak triceps?

so whats more difficult bench of dumbell at heavy weight Say I had a pair of 250 pound dumbells and 500 bar which would be harder?

He looks very happy about his dumbells

I dont bench

Assuming the bar is 45 lbs then I would think its DB x 2 - 45 = BB (excluding the bar)

the dumbbell/bench ratio is between 0.28 and 0.45

on decline maybe

The most I've done on dumbell bench is 35 for 6 I think. So probably not.

Lies

No Db is 24kg. Unless your fatty fingers went for the 5 and hit 4 insteaf?

I think you just have stronger shoulders than chest. Shoulders play a bigger role in dumbell press than im barbell press.

I myself can barely OHP 125lb for 5 and DB bench like 85lb, but my barbell bench is 225 for 3 aswell.

That makes sense though if you don't do BB often. You can do 25lbs more and two reps less on BB. The idea that you could rep 110s and have 225 pin you to the bench makes no sense though.