25 and I moved to a new city where I don't know anybody...

25 and I moved to a new city where I don't know anybody. My only real hobby is exercising: lifting weights and playing basketball. How do I make real friends (NOT acquaintances)?

> lifting weights
How the fuck do you even meet someone doing this

> basketball
Asked people to go grab drinks sometimes. Most of the time they say they're busy. The few times they accept it's a pleasant time but idk what to do past that.

You don't make friends after college.

what this user said if you havent found your wife by this point, well get settled in for your life of lonely servitude

I know your pain user. There's a chance the people you hang out with are just fgts.
Try saving up and going traveling if you want to meet people.

>How do I make real friends (NOT acquaintances)?
You don't

You do work, right? Making friends with colleagues is an option. I work in software engineering where the projects change after a year or even less, so I just keep contact with the ones that I like after the project ends and I get put into a new team with new people. Great environment for that purpose

church

But I was cocoon mode through college so I could have a well-paying job and an aesthetic body. T-t-there has to be a way.

its over

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW IT HURTS EVEN WITHOUT HEARING HER VOICE

>never went to college
>thinking of going
should I? I just got fired so what do I have to lose, right?

Youre just going to be the old guy no one talks to.

I'm actually a software engineer too. In my last company/first job, there was a new grad program so I actually did befriend my coworkers. At my new company, everyone is late 30's/early 40's, raising kids, buying houses and shit.

go to facebook and find some shit happening in your region. Try to do all that you can on your spare time.

Since you are 25, check the events on the university nearby. Usually they have some casual stuff like dance classes (I suggest swing or some latino stuff, the others are too formal to make friends).

just because you are an old cunt doesn't mean the others aren't going to get licked

Go to college, worst case scenario you will find an internship easier that pays shit but at least your day will be busy.

There are a lot of old people going college undergrad and grad in the same situation. I am doing my masters and half the class is > 30

What new town did you move to?

>Be me
>25
>Software engineer
>Moved to new town (Aus)
>Same struggle

Join a bigger company that pusges to bring in college kids. That sounds terrible form a project perspective, but those are just interns, they won't have a big responsibility. That does mean that the average age in the company will be lower, easier to make friends with etc.

just go to a club and fuck some backpacker girls

Mfw I actually have a gf
Just no male friends

Go to grad school
Seriously
I made a ton of friends in college, but job prospects were rough and they were leaving, so I went to grad school in Cali.
Im there now, my job prospects are way better, Im going to make more money, I get to continue partying and meeting friends for two years, and meet girls that way as well. Im evne more fit now.

Went to college and did first job in California. Now work for a defense contractor in Washington D.C. Were you always in Australia or did you move internationally for your job?

I mean not really possible cause I've only been at this job for 2 months. Is that the only way? I mean with all of the conventional wisdom of not befriending coworkers, there have to be other common ways of making friends, right?

You’re retarded. I’ve made good friends post college. Be genuine and nice to people and it will happen organically.

Go to college but treat it like a job, don’t get distracted by bullshit, utilize career resources, network, and study a major that will get you a job.

>Tinder/dating apps to meet girls to fuck and befriend
>Meet Up.com for more casual events
>Google some hobbies you'd be interested and find dedicated groups in the city
>Say yes to every social event.

I've moved country twice now and building a friend group takes time, you basically have to make it an actual focus. It's not like home where you can just text somebody last minute.

Like most other people are saying about college being good, maybe start at a community college and take a gym/basketball/any sport class to meet others and join a club that interests you.

Fuck, I only watched it because of this post.

Always been an ausbro mate
Plenty of mates in my home town but this new town is overpopulated

Lol user, I'm not gonna go to grad school just to make friends. I have $50k in student loans from undergrad and I don't even need grad school to do well in my field.

I've gone to movie viewings, wine tastings, and other sorts of random events I was in and tried talking to random people. Some were politely friendly back but a lot gave the feeling of "ummm, why is this random guy talking to us?" with their friends.

Will try.

I'm an average looking minority and I've never really had much luck on tinder or dating apps. Do pretty well for myself face to face, so that's what I'd rather focus on.

Cheers. Come to America for those hyper-inflated salaries in hyper-inflated rent areas.

Well if it's only 2 months, stay, get some experience and see if things improve. Make the switch later if you still wabt to have friends and have found no other option

If you don't have any friends, you don't have anything to lose from the 10 minutes it taken to Tinder a day.

Watch out for the inferiority complex, when you keep getting shitty to no matches.

>. The few times they accept it's a pleasant time but idk what to do past that.

you just do this over and over and suddenly your 40 and hes your best friend and every time you go out for beers you talk about the old days when you had the time to play basketball and lift every day.

This.

It was so easy in uni....why did I have to move to this godforsaken city?

This site is full of pessimistic people who immediately give up the moment is slightly harder than usual.

If you have a gf then your better off than 90% of this board since you managed to attract somebody.
(Though I'm assuming she's not a top tier person if she's attracted to a complainer)

If my assumption is wrong; If you're still complaining, then there's something about you that you and her need to discuss, rather than consult with this "crabs in a bucket" forum

Melbourne? Hit me up if so, I just moved here too

I'm about to graduate in a few months and I feel like I've squandered my youth. My last chance of ever having a social life is slipping away. If it only gets worse from here, I'm probably just going to kill myself.

I'm still hanging out with the dudes I graduated high school with. Haven't been to uni yet and I'm 23. Can you share any advice so I don't repeat your mistakes?

>How do I make real friends (NOT acquaintances)?

"real" friends are simply a matter of proximity and repeated unplanned social interactions and a relaxed environment that facilitates candid conversations, i.e. having school class and sitting next to someone every day, or coworkers you see every day. building familiarity over time is the only proven way to lasting human friendships.

most people for some reason don't get this, and they think if they don't "click" with someone when they first meet (which has literally never happened before, they just falsely remember it as having happened) then it won't work out.

anyway if you aren't in a situation where you can make friends at work, start taking a class that interests you at a local university in your free time and meet people there.

keep in mind that the internet is the absolute worst place to try and meet people that you want to transition into meaningful real life interaction with.

It's impossible to make friends after college, just give up.

Make friends at Uni or at Work, just hang out with them. The older you are the less time most people will have, but considering most don't start families I would not worry about it.

Join a workout group on Craigslist. Or a workout partner. Or relationship strictly platonic. Whatever.Craigslist

what said

in 2015 i moved eight hours away for a job, to somewhere i knew literally no one
i now have many friends who i can stay with, call for help in a pinch, or meet up with on the spot
in april i will move sixteen hours away for a new job, to somewhere i know literally no one
it will be fine, just actually give a fuck what people are talking about
people always want to hang out with someone who cares about what they have to say

i never understand how this happens; i have a buddy who's far more attractive and fit than me, and he moved to south carolina on a whim. said he couldn't make any friends even though he lived close to the beach and moved back after six months. i just don't understand how you can't make a friend quickly. have you guys never had to change schools or move as a kid?

>NO HOLLY EARL GF
I WANT TO FUCKING END IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH DELET THIS THREAD

Why bother you dumb faggot you should be worrying about finding your waifu

her instagram is mars.2001, yes that means she is only 16

Do not listen to any of the people in this thread saying you can't make friends. All they are saying is that they themselves can't make friends.

FUCK
YOU

Bumping this because I had an idea. You need a hobby that has special skills or tools that are valuable. Car guys have it figured out. They develop skills and buy special tools that are needed by other people for their projects. Car guys also have regular meetups where you go to talk about your projects and experience.
My best friend has made literally dozens of good lasting friendships from car meetups. My other best friend met his girlfriend.

I did but after elementary school i stopped really having friends, so that probably has more to do with it.

Knew a car guy in school

> spend over a year's salary on the fastest depreciating asset there is
> spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on mods

Yeah no thanks jeff. My friend could only afford it because his dad was a surgeon.

look man, just listen to them and when in doubt, ask a question requiring further detail.
now people are gonna talk about a lot of shit you don't really give a fuck about.
always be out to learn and experience new things, and gain general jack-of-all-trades information from people with hands-on exp (for when apocalypse hits and you need it).

that's how i do it anyways.
worst case scenario, you know absolutely nothing about what they're talking about. just 'fess up and ask them to explain more about it a bit later. eventually you'll find something you can both converse on in interest, or it wasn't meant to be.

>a bit later
i don't know why that's there, ask them about it immediately

my fucking heart

Delete all of these pictures of girls you have saved on your computer, OP. I 100% guarantee that you will be a happier person and find it easier to talk to people.

>basketball
Have you tried the rec center in the nearest housing project you fucking nigger? You might even be able to renew your voter registration and sign up for some “gibs” while there....

STOP PLEASE STOP