Looking for Veeky Forumss opinion on this routine, a female instructor at my gym made for me:

looking for Veeky Forumss opinion on this routine, a female instructor at my gym made for me:

A

5x5 squat
5x5 bench
5x5 barbell row
3xAMRAP bodyweight dips

B

1x5 deadlift
5x5 ohp
3xAMRAP bodyweight chinups
3x10 seated calfraises
3xAMRAP hanging knee raises

AxBxAxx - BxAxBxx ....

i've been doing SL 5x5 for 1,5 month, but other than that, i'm a complete noob at weightlifting. i really like that this routine still has the big lifts, but what does Veeky Forums think? i'm not being memed, am i?

This is stronglifts, isn't it?

where are the deadlifts

i told her i liked the lifts in SL, so she incorporated some of them into this

When does 1x5 become not enough?

it looks fine, if it stops working you can always change it, no need to be uptight about it

should i do more than 1x5? i'm interested in both hypertrophy and strength

Do it for 2 months. Replace calves with curls.

Yeah, this looks bad for noobs, or anybody really. I’d stick with a nice PPL. this routine isn’t give you enough deadlifts or dumbbell exercises. You need to work more of your body to really get a nice base before you start doing simplified routines. Implement shrugs, curls, pull-ups, and even some cable exercises.
Also, don’t listen to women about lifting.

you need one day completely devoted to deadlifts
25x25

it's not completely retarded.
is she hot? do it and get swole, and she'll probably fuck you for taking her advice

this is what i was afraid of

she was pretty hot. looked like she only did squat and bodyweight exercises tho

You only get 6 A days and 6 B days per month... And I have no idea why the days are split up like that.. It doesn't make much sense. Why would you need 3 rest days minimum between each exercise? You'll learn correct form and have less CNS adaption like this.

I'm also confused why you're switching from SL 5x5 if you like it and have been seeing progress? If your trainer was any good she should have asked you if you're currently doing a routine and if you are seeing results with it. She should have instantly recognized the routine as adequate for your needs and advised you to continue with it and only adjust modifications to it and focus on training you on other things like form, TUT, rest times and rep counting.

But I guess you threw all that away when you hired a female instructor from your local gym.

You'll learn correct form slower*

told her liked the big lifts and gaining strength, but that i wanted more focus on getting a nice body. also i dislike squatting 3 times a week, as SL has you do

Don't listen to this person

why not?? so many contradictory opinions

gay

this is my routine

chest day:
A day;
bench 5x5, incline db isolated 3x10, incline flys db 3x10, dips 3xF, push-ups 3xF
B day;
incline 5x5, flat db press isolated 3x10, flys 3x10, weighted dips 5x5, skull crushers 3x10

back:
diddlies 5x5, bent over rows 3x10, pull-ups 3xF, reverse flys 3x10, iso curls 2x10, hammer curls 2x10

shoulders:
Ohp 5x5, shrugs 3x10, lateral raises/front raises 3x10 of each

legs:
back squat 5x5, calf raises 3x10, weighted pistol squats from seat 3x10 each leg, hip thrusts

the program in op is very good for strenght gains, ppl for a newbie who probably won't go to the gym 6 times a week is retarded

how about for aesthetics? would you change anything? reps, sets, exercises etc.?

you'll get aesthetics too, the muscles will come due to you adding weight each workout.
i would change the deadlift to 3x5 until it gets too heavy and then switch to 5x3. also change the chinups and dips to weighted ones, but be careful with the dips they can send your shoulders to snap city.

thanks for the advice user. when do i know the deadlifts are too heavy? when it gets stressful for the lower back?
i can't even do 10 unweighted chinups or dips yet, when do i add weight?

Seems good, but I highly reccomend adding curls and a tricep excercise. I would also add facepulls and lateral raises as accessories, maybe even barbell shrugs if you only 1x5 for Deadlifts.

do the chins and dips 3x5
you should be able to do continue doing 5 reps on the diddly until you reach 4pl8, but everyone is different so change it when you begin to stall frequently

on what day would you add these? what reps/sets are best for accessory lifts like these? 3x10?

When you can consistently set up for it without hurting yourself. The more efficient your form is, the more volume you can handle, and deadlift responds extremely well to volume.
Pic related.