How the FUCK am I not losing weight on 1500 calories a day? Yes I count everything. Yes I'm lifting as well

How the FUCK am I not losing weight on 1500 calories a day? Yes I count everything. Yes I'm lifting as well.

5'6", 142 lbs skinnyfat. I'm trying to get to 135 before I bulk. Been having 1500 Cal a day for a month. Lost a little weight, I started at about 150. I can't seem to get lower and I look almost identical as I was when I started.

the weight you lose off a 200 calorie deficit is well within the margin of error

Sounds like you hit a plateau. Your metabolism needs a boost. Go pig out for 2-3 days then go back to restricting. gl

what

maybe try 1300 for a few days after you pig out and slowly go back to 1500.

you may be counting wrong and eating more than 1500 calories or maybe you are gaining some muscle if it's the first time you lift so you stay about the same weight because you have less fat and more lean mass

Anons,is it possible/desired to make progress in lifting during cut ?

ok fuck outta here

How much pure cardio are you doing? Excessive amounts don’t really do much to help with weight loss and can even negatively affect your muscles too. You could try doing HITT training to more effecfively burn off fat. Not seeing results could be a result of not enough weight training to grow your muscles too

you lost 8 pounds within a month and still want to go faster? you're already pushing it, my man.

Am I being memed or is this a real thing?

Really? Im so used to my old metabolism being much faster.

youre being broscienced

having a binge causes you to destress causing you to lose water weight

but your tdee does not change unless your temperature changes

When youre a skinny fuck dont EVER start with anything that isnt BULKING

Ive made this mistake along with other anons. BULK for a few months as you begin training and make sure you eat HEALTHY and not processed food/soda/sweets. Lots of vegetables too.
When you cut, make sure to do cardio and some ab work. Youll look good, cutting from the beginning is a huge ass mistake.

How many months is a few months?

What brand of food scale are you using?

Bulking really depends on the person+its summer soon so maybe try 3 months and cut so youll be a pretty beach boy by august maybe? Read up more on the net, Im not an expert on this shit all I know is that even as a skinnyfat cutting is bad when you start lifting

you might be gaining muscle you retard.
measure BF not weight

I'm not. I never gain muscle. This is after I bulked, followed SS to a T and got fucking nowhere, so I'm trying again.

you mean you havent looked like you gain muscle because of fat

>5'6", 142 lbs skinnyfat. I'm trying to get to 135 before I bulk.

why

Try to calculate your calories with this formula:

>Ideal weight on lb x ( nº hours of training per week + 9.5)

Specifically skinnyfat(the belly) can be lost if you stop consuming;

Any pastry
Processed food
Sodas
Foods high in saturared fat
Dairy products(just keep to a minimum)
Chocolate/other sweets
Generally junk/fast food

Together with some cardio/ab work/plenty of water

About muscle, make sure you take enough protein daily, there are calculators for this sort of thing.
Maybe you dont notice "new" muscle because you also gained weight(fat).

Speaking of which, do you guys have any recommendations on alternative routines to SS? Did it for several months and barely got anywhere.

No, I mean I couldn't increase the weight. Almost ever. Literally would just fail on the 3rd rep every time I tried. I did gain a little maybe?

Did literally all of that. Can't get rid of it. I know there's new muscle because I'm not stronger.

>5'6"
>1500
Go lower.

Ok. Still looking for workout recommendations for when I go back to bulking

I'd just keep going with SS or SL, add a few accessories for whatever you find you're weak/dyel at.
On my first attempt I just barely got out of being subpar/atrophied. I cut, fixed my diet even further, made sure I get 8 hours of sleep, and then bulked back up to the same weight to get some quite poor noob gains (1 plate incline bench, etc). Now I'll probably have to yet again cut and regain the same 8 kgs, but that's just how it goes, despite the average fit post being "I was squatting 3 plates on my first month" by some fat fuck.
Some would say I bulked too fast, but I think I was slow enough, we really are just limited by the rate at which a given person can create new muscle due to genetics.

Not memeing promise. Your body has gotten used to it's routine and has stopped losing weight. That's called a plateau.
If you want to lose a bit more, eat more for like 2-3 days until you gain a little weight then eat way less for another couple days and just slowly work back up to 1500 again. Works like a fucking dream every time. Try fit in a little extra cardio after your binge days.

It might work a little differently for men so just google 'mens health weight loss plateau' or something. Have a read and you'll find someone explaining it better than I can

I fucking suck at eating. Are high calorie protein shakes acceptable?

Yeah, but make sure you get some solids in there too. Like swap out chicken for a burrito or steak or something with a little more cals to it. You don't necessarily have to eat extra, you just have to up the calorie intake. Depending on how prone you are to bad skin and muscle loss, you don't have to eat healthy at all the next few days if you really don't want to. Might make your body feel like shit if you only have sweets and shakes though. Do what works for you, just try up the calories a bit then really cut back and slowly go back to 1500. If you plateau again too soon, rinse and repeat but maybe stay at a bit lower like 1200-1300 as you start hitting lower weights.

Jesus Christ, 5'6" and 142? I'm 6'1", 215 and cutting at 1,700cal/day.

>go lower
Not OP but how much lower?

Your tdee decreases as you restrict calories. The scientific literature on this is definite.

Binging for three days isn't however gonna help much. What would help would be to fast, and on days where you do eat, eat 160-180% of your tdee. This way your body has to deal with regularly consumed high-caloric intake during some days and can't really store it all, so your tdee stays high to use it.

This has to be regular for it to have any significant effect however. Dr. Fung has a lecture where he explains this well, in case you're interested.

just order a pizza for dinner 2 days in a row you cuck. sounds great i wish i could do that.

I would try 200-250 less and see after two weeks if he is losing as fast as he wants and readjust again if he isn't (or if he is going too fast)