Is it normal to not feel DOMS in your pecs? I feel it in every muscle except for chest. whats goin on?

Is it normal to not feel DOMS in your pecs? I feel it in every muscle except for chest. whats goin on?

Id also like to know

Do you do intense chest workouts? Are you shoulders doing any work for you during these? Is your bench barpath anything like what it should be?

Your answers should be
Yes
No
Yes

How many reps do you do?

If you're doing Rippletits, that's normal, it's hard to feel DOMS on 5 reps. So long as your numbers are increasing you're good.

If you're doing 12+ reps with decent weight and still not feeling extreme fatigue in the pecs, you might be doing something wrong (keyword: might). Experiment with different chest exercises such as flyes and chest dips so you can find that mind-muscle connection.

Also to keep in mind is that most compound chest exercises such as the bench press involve a lot of the triceps, which are a smaller muscle and therefore much weaker when you're just starting out. As your triceps catch up you'll eventually start to feel your chest working more.

what the fuck is rippletits? I do my chest exercises to fatigue, wait 2 minutes, do again to fatigue. wtf am I doing wrong?

Read the sticky

>I do my chest exercises to fatigue, wait 2 minutes, do again to fatigue

>what the fuck is rippletits?
This made me laugh loud, thanks man

you saying that this made you laugh out loud,

made me laugh out loud, thanks man

i havnt had doms in many moons

alas.......how i long for the good old days

you only really get doms from working muscles how they aren't used to being worked (usually from recruitment of new motor groups within the muscle), doms is not indicative of muscle growth, if anything it's indicative of cns development

your doms will stop one day, and you will miss them

How long until DOMS is gone? Just asking, I actually like the pain.

Depends on how often you do the muscle group or exercise. Could be two days or a week. Shouldn't last long though and you will get less sore the more you do the workout.

>Are you shoulders doing any work for you during these?
>No

t. ignorant retard with a shit bench press.

these are the people giving you advice on Veeky Forums.

you bench with shitty form and recruit your delts and tris too much for chest movements. You probably have a narrow ribcage

Legit question, DOMS don't come if you're not doing the lift right. My biggest issue was using my shoulders and lats instead of isolating the pecs.

Worth a thought

>bench press shouldn't activate shoulders
id like to see a video of your 0.5" ROM

DOMS don't come if you're used to the doing the specific exorcise or working the specific muscle group. The leg day meme only applies to people who just when overboard their first day.

How do you even tie your shoes in the morning my man

you're either not going at a high enough volume or intensity. Or youre exercising wrong

>be emaciated holocaust faggot
>sit down at a seated bench press machine
>do 15 reps of 50 pounds
>chest DOMS for literally 3 days afterwards
>do it again, DOMS for 2 days afterwards
>on the next attempt now i can do 60 pounds

feels good fellas. im sure if i tried a real bench press i probably couldnt even do the bar

I don't feel it when I do bb bench. but I feel it for like 2 days when I do 5x5 with dumbbells.

I barely do bench for this reason anymore

Pretty normal for your shoulders to be doing work in any pressing movement lol

>15 reps

>what the fuck is rippletits?
It means your pecs are getting so fucking cut that you can see the striations in the muscles