just shorted btc 25x leverage no stop loss with $15,000

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/yGKwc8R
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RIP

Cool, at what price?

watch me fag
it's already going down

So you're about 3k in the money now? What price do you think of cashing out?

hopefully, he already did or he's about to get rekt

Where can I short btc

They're going to make a movie about you.

dont worry be happy.
i will go up as always.

The [B]ig Short

Take the money and don't be an idiot. You are just lucky. There is no reason why it shouldn't spike back up and liquidate you

Don't
You'll get short squeezed by tethers and end up pumping the price lol

SELL NAO OP

yeah yeah fag

i didn't make it this far by playing it safe
we're going to 7800

>shorting btc

what made you do so? TA ?

Very wise to bet against the king. OP is already losing

this is by far the best account on twitter

only trump is close

Well the good thing is bitcoin is not as volatile as it used to be, so you'll get to watch yourself get liquidated in slow motion

how does shorting work?

If he shorts at 25x leverage at $8,400, does he get $25 for ever $1 bitcoin goes down until he pulls out?

I also hope 15k isn't a lot to you OP

I had that attitude until I got rekt. If you guess right the side of a thrown coin 5 times in a row it doesn't increase your chances of winning for the 6th time
Best of luck anyway

is it true retarded people don't know they're retarded?

actually I guess that question's actually kinda impossible for you to answer

BE GONE, WITCH.

this. can someone explain?

the legend is here. where is the next stop? $10K?

The Chad Short lmao

"Going down". You one dumb Mutha Fuckah. lol

>shorting BTC
literally the dumbest thing you can do

14K before a 2.8K reset.

next stop is $5k again when the tethering occurs

after this I will be very, very rich

10-4. thanks

If he had exactly one BTC as collateral and went full 25X then yes, he would make $25 for every dollar it went down.

Were (you) in the Legendary Bread last night?

>next stop is $5k again when the tethering occurs
topkek
regrettably, no. what did i miss?

What about it was legendary? Pls explain

What's the limit on the X? Can I short by 2000x?

How much does it have to go up for his one bitcoin to be completely liquidated?

Sauce above. check the Archive for that thread. Worthwhile. Legendary. All that participated were Legendary.

It was a Precog Action to stop and capture The Tether Joker, and recover BTC.

You should consider setting up a trip. People will start impersonating you.

It would have to rise 4% for him to get liquidated. Max margin is 100X. 2000X wouldn't be possible because the lenders would be guaranteed to lose money in a spike. I really don't understand how they are even able to do 100X honestly.

maybe you'll end up like this autist

Nah kiddie I'm an elite operator we don't use trip codes

I'm totally not a mentally unstable larper on a venezuelan alpaca shaving forum

ah, ok, so the margin works both ways so the percentage it needs to rise to lose all would simply be whatever it takes it takes to pass the amount of bitcoin you put down.

So if you set your margin to 100x... does that mean if bitcoin rises above 1% of the price you executed at, you lose all?

can someone explain leverage in this example?

like if you were to trade with no leverage, a 1% increase in price while holding 1 BTC equates to 0.01 BTC gained right? so with 25x leverage 1% market change equates to 0.25 BTC gain? and since he's in for a little under ~2 BTC @ 25x leverage, every 1% gain/drop in the market equates to 0.5 BTC ?

so if it goes up ~4% from where he opened his position he'd be liquidated to $0 right? and for every ~2% drop in the market he makes about 1 BTC profit?

SHORTING:
I borrow 5 apples from you. I promise to give them back in a week. In reality I immediate sell the apples and buy new apples next week to give to you. If the price of apples has gone down in the meantime, I pay less for the new apples than I got for the old. I pocket the difference. If the price goes up, I lose money since I still have to give you back the apples.
LEVERAGE TRADING:
I borrow $100.000 from you and use it to buy British pounds. If the pound moves up 1%, I've made $1000. This is traditionally used in forex, since movements tend to be very small (sub 1% in a day).
Since you don't expect the price to move more than 1%, you know that if I have at least $2000 on hand, the risk that I can't pay you back the $100k is minimal. This is known as a 50:1 leverage. Stocks are more volatile, so more cash on hand is usually required (maybe a ratio of 10:1, or $10k to borrow $100k).

Leveraged shorting combines the two and is what OP is doing. When he says he leveraged $15k x25 to short bitcoin, he in effect borrowed $375k worth of bitcoin and sold it with the goal to buy it back at a lower price. If the price moves down, he makes money. If it moves up too far, he's fucked.

yea that's exactly what it means. unless you only margin y % of your holdings at 100x. then the rest of your holdings are used as collateral to offset opposite price movement.

Ofbt, 14k, 2.8, pretty specific :) exit point? Where to (help a newbie out)?
Re-entry point?
Kpngtpo

pink wojacks incoming

9k of it comes from selling my car last week and another 4k is from a bank loan

Nigger you better be joking.

Holy shit you should NOT be doing this.

Even if you are right it's a stupid as fuck move to go 25x with most/all of your stack, like brainlett tier

agreed, some retards are buying at this price when it's obvious we're going to DUMP CITY

Can I send 1 BTC to Bitmex at a time and margin trade at 100x? That way the most I lose is one bitcoin right?

This sounds interesting.

>i didn't make it this far by playing it safe

>9k of it comes from selling my car last week and another 4k is from a bank loan

So this far means having sold your car and having taken a bank loan?

So either
1. OP is the biggest retard on the planet
or
2. OP is just a troll with no life. And not even a funny one.

so you got 15k in collateral?

at what % do you get liquidated?

in case of 20% you would get liquidated at 3.2% above your BE if we ignore transactions costs and everything else

you got some balls bruh

lol we did the same discord.gg/yGKwc8R we're deciding what to do with our profits now, wanna help us decide?

There is no guarantee that your broker can liquidate at the correct prices, so you can end up owing money. So many brainlets dont grasp this and go gunho with margin accounts and are debtcucks forever. at the very least dont trade as a private person, do it through a company so its the company that busts and not you personally

Check your trips. You just made a fatal mistake.

Comedy gold, lad.

Best of luck OP

Bold move, hope it pays off

not sure when i could be liquidated as i have been increasing leverage in increments of 5x as I gain confidence
currently at 65x

this is like a slow motion train wreck

thats why there usually is a minimum % of your collateral you have to maintain which is further depending on liquidity of orderbooks etc

i doubt poloniex could cause you to owe them money when they were not able to liquidate you properly

Jesus Christ. No you can't earn BTC this way. If you hold 1 BTC it would just go up in USD price. You can't into margin trading. See pic related.
>it's (You)

where are you trading in order to be able to do that?

i only know poloniex margin trading which is fixed to 2.5 leverage and 20% minimum maintainance

>not sure when i could be liquidated
this is going to be great. please continue to post as you get liquidated, for the lulz

I was proving a point, but you ignored my post earlier:

prefer to keep where I'm trading confidential so some assblasted whale can't target me

dunno with crypto desu, but irl every broker has the famous little disclaimer "investment losses may exceed deposits" or whatever. What you are doing is borrowing money and trading on it. Collateral is just there to easily recoup, but if they cant get it they probably have legal claim, because who the fuck reads ToS, right?

maybe i misstated what i was asking

I know simply holding BTC and doing nothing will not magically multiply more than the market rate

I was just saying if you held BTC without any leverage, when the market goes up 1% you're gaining 0.01 BTC per 1 BTC right?

but if you margin trade that 1 BTC on bitmex with 25x leverage and the market goes up 1%, you gain 0.25 BTC instead of the regular 0.01 BTC you would gain without any leverage, right?

Or is that still incorrect?

Impersonation is very short lived. I was using Passports for P of L and P of I when you were a gleam in a Pajeets eye.

makes sense yes

maybe i should read up on that since i myself have a long in xmr_btc open which is out of the money

i have hope for gains tho

>I was just saying if you held BTC without any leverage, when the market goes up 1% you're gaining 0.01 BTC per 1 BTC right?
bruh, you may want to read more

I'm adopting a trip code as I think in the bear market we're about to enter after this I will be one of the most respected traderson this board

When you come close to your maintenance margin they give you the "margin call" to put more in. But if prices drop fast and/or and liquidity is thin they can liquidate you at trash prices... usually is fine ofc, but in crazy moves shit can happen.

with 25 leverage you just gain/lose the same although multiplied with 25

where you are wrong is that you cannot hold with leverage. you can have levered positions but not levered balances

please keep using it so we can mock you incessantly

>I was just saying if you held BTC without any leverage, when the market goes up 1% you're gaining 0.01 BTC per 1 BTC right?
Wrong. You would be able to sell that BTC for Tether or whatever fiat you want. You would just be holding the BTC.
>but if you margin trade that 1 BTC on bitmex with 25x leverage and the market goes up 1%, you gain 0.25 BTC instead of the regular 0.01 BTC you would gain without any leverage, right?
Yes this is correct.

When you hold BTC without any leverage and when the market goes up %1 you don't gain 0.01 BTC per 1 BTC, you still hold 1 BTC static just that 1 BTC means more value but what you said about margin trading is true when you open a margin position with 1 BTC and it increases and you're long on it with 25x leverage you get 0.25 BTC

thanks for stating the obvious bruh

i asked something completelly different tho

i was asking if poloniex would in fact have a legal claim against you if their algo fucked up liquidating you properly

yeah you're close, most crypto exchanges with margin, polo, bfx, okc 1broker etc have a 10-15% buffer which you are usually left with in the event of a forced liquidation.

In the event of a large market swing, e.g you should get liquidated at ltc = $50, but when they do this, it literally just market orders your position into the front of the book, which sometimes mean you selling at $40 for example

This will take the full 10-15% buffer and you're left with 0 or a negative balance.

OKC even tried to chase me up once for about 3 bitcoin that I 'owed' them because they market sold my btc at $400 when it was trading around $550

t. oldfag whose been liquidated about 4/5 times on ltc, btc, xrp and silver on 1broker.

I'm still up around 2000% from margin in the past 3 years tho

reply came in slow, wrote it as followup to initial post - as i said in first "dunno with crypto", no idea about the rules, would like to know myself if anyone has a clue...

prepare to get JUSTed hard

No that would be on them. Youre borrowing other people's money, not the exchanges. The exchanges(if they're smart) have massive amounts of every coin in reserve so even if their algo fucks up they'd be able to pay the lenders. Now in the stock market this is completely different. I would encourage everyone to read this:
www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/18CF8EE8-8ED0-11E5-87B6-3CB893D25A7F
Truly fucking hilarious.

this old fag crypto biz jackass is one of the most retarded arrogant assholes i have encountered on this website

my genius move here alone is probably going to make me way richer than he could ever dream of being

I urge everyone here from now to the end of time to ignore that imbecile's advice

I am now at 85x leverage

Yeah I was talking more about the fringe cases. The pricedrops could be so wild that the first marked order to be filled blows past your buffer, leaving you deep in the hole. Liquidity is pretty decent and deep these days even in alts though, so it's probably a rare case... But people should be aware of the mechanics and ToS

post proof so I can laugh my ass off

screenshot proof it for maximum lullz. Godspeed chad shorter

Godspeed, wish I had the balls

Get a livestream of your own personal financial ruin going. I want to see that ticker. That way you can make money as you lose money!

how do you feel about USDT?

lol, gold

yup, exactly.

It won't happen much in this climate, but in a huge market swing it's fairly common as the exchange does not want to hold your bags if the price is capitulating.

A lot of places have a community fund type thing that eats these losses, can't remember what they're called tho

Pretty sure polo used to have one