My personal trainer said to me, “carbs at night turn into sugar and then sugar turns into fat”

My personal trainer said to me, “carbs at night turn into sugar and then sugar turns into fat”

Was she lying?

Carbs always turn into sugar. Sugar turns into fat if there's a surplus of it. Your body needs a particular amount of calories to function. If you consume less the body is forced to use body fat as a source of energy. If you consume more than you need the excess in stored as fat.

Complex carbs break down to simple carbs (sugar) in your gut anyway. But if you eat less than your body consumes, then you lose weight and it won't turn in to fat.

No one macro makes you fat, that's a meme.

Just eat below your tdee

>carbs know what time it is

She gave you a fucking retarded explanation for good advice basically

Fuck me I had a good chuckle

The only actual answer

Op look up Jeff Nippard on ig he just made a vid about this myth

Your PT is a fucking retard (surprise)

Get a new one

Give it a rest Jeff

PLEASE GIVE ME THAT WALLPAPER SAUCE HNGGGGG

Why do these vacuous cunts always spout pseudoscience?

99.9% retards on this board would never know or heard lipogenesis or when it happens if ever

Isn’t that the stock IOS wallpaper

Aks her what fat turns into.

>Was she lying?
All women are liars.

When asleep, your body will try and conserve energy by relaxing, reducing body temperature, and storing away any surplus energy.
The purpose is to save it for the next long grueling day of hunter/gather... that I'm sure nobody really does anymore.
Professional Sumo wrestlers use the energy conservation process during sleep to each massive meals and then sleep right after, to give the body time to process and store the energy.

As you wake up it takes 1-3 hours for the body to restore itself and make good use of saved energy. Many quickstart this process by eating carbs and drinking coffe.

The overfeeding protocol was specifically designed to provide a total carbohydrate load in excess of total energy expenditure (71% carbohydrate content of a total energy intake equal to 175% energy requirements yield a carbohydrate load corresponding to 125% total energy expenditure). The total excess carbohydrate administered over the 4-day overfeeding period can be estimated to be 200 g/d, assuming nitrogen balance and net lipid oxidation equal to zero. Cumulated over 4 days, the excess carbohydrate to be disposed of nonoxidatively was therefore roughly 800 g, which is within the glycogen storage capacity of humans, as previously demonstrated by Acheson et al. (15).
The data collected provide a clear picture of the effects of carbohydrate overfeeding on the disposal of a large oral glucose load. Under standard isocaloric conditions, 42% of the ingested glucose was oxidized over the 5-hour postingestive period. The remaining 58% was essentially stored as glycogen (54%), with very little net de novo lipogenesis (4% of the glucose load). There is no indication as to where such de novo lipogenesis occurred. It is likely that part of it took place in the liver because it has been reported that fractional hepatic de novo lipogenesis represents 1–5% of very-low-density lipoprotein-fatty acids turnover under such conditions (16). Because indirect calorimetry measures only net de novo lipogenesis (i.e., fat synthesis in excess of fat oxidation), it is quite possible that this figure somewhat underestimates absolute de novo lipogenesis. Isotopic measurements of hepatic de novo lipogenesis in humans after carbohydrate administration, however, confirm that the absolute amount of fat synthesized is small under such conditions (17).

so is NOSLEEP the true redpill to don't get fat?

No, NOEAT is.

this has to be b8 r right

>nosleep?
Nope, since phase 3 sleep [wikipedia] is critical for the endocrine system (and growth hormones) and studies has shown that people on identical diets lose less weight with bad sleep.

But you're gonna burn through them anyway. If you eat your entire calories for the day before you sleep they're still gonna get burnt anyway.

Lol

But would you agree that carbs have the most significant impact in making you fat?

yes

android boi come over to the light side

You should smoke some cigarettes before bed, the smoke will suffocate the sugar bacteria and you won't get fat