Study: Drinking Alcohol More Important Than Exercise to Living Past 90

Study: Drinking Alcohol More Important Than Exercise to Living Past 90

usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-02-20/study-drinking-alcohol-more-important-than-exercise-to-living-past-90

Other urls found in this thread:

usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-02-20/study-drinking-alcohol-more-important-than-exercise-to-living-past-90
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.13477/full
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who the fuck wants to live to 90? i'm in great shape and if i make it past 60 i'll probably kill myself just to get it over with. everything goes to shit after 50 for 99% of people

why don't you just kill yourself right now, my man

>who the fuck wants to live to 90?
Definitely not a childless loser like you

because i'm still in great shape and nowhere near 60 years old? lrn2read faggot

>Analyzing more than 1,600 nonagenarians, the study results showed that people who drank two glasses of beer or wine a day improved their odds of living longer than those who abstained by about 18 percent.
Awesome. Guess I'll drink till my liver dies so I can prolong my death when I'm suffering at 90.

lol how old are you?

I posted this to get some educated critiques of the study.

When did this board become completely retarded?

Fuck off Joe, we're not doing your homework. Go ask Jamie after you get out of the deprivation tank.

I'd rather just drink once a week by getting drunk on the weekend. Or just vape if weed is legal. :(

protip: nobody even opened your link

To be completely honest, I'd rather live to 60 not drinking than to 90 while drinking.

anyone shilling for living to 90 or beyond, i urge you to visit a nursing home and check out all of the people 90+, most of them are staring at a wall unresponsive. I would prefer a major heart attack at 70 or something.

>usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-02-20/study-drinking-alcohol-more-important-than-exercise-to-living-past-90
OH HEY Here's a shitty associative study where determined that alcohol makes you live to be 90

No. No you didn't. Fuck off with your associative study headline propaganda.

having 1-2 drinks per night is also supposed to lower risk of type 2 diabetes

it's basically my excuse for drinking a beer a night now, and i'm not even a huge alcohol fan. it's just preventative medicine now

dude....

I'm kind of hoping that by the time I'm near that age medical technology is to the point where I can live for fucking ever

Tbqh this. Most of my family members have either Alzheimer's or senility and almost all of them lived past 80. Im afraid im going to end up like this

why not both

>wanting children

>Study: Drinking Alcohol More Important That Living Past 90

>deprivation tank
underrated

Studies that try to link habits with health often ignore the fact that heath also affects habits. People who are old and weak or in poor health are less compelled to drink alcohol. The same applies to body weight. People approaching death often loose weigth rapidly creating a statistical illusion that being overweight extends your life expectancy.

>not having a wee dram every night

honestly i just pity you

>Study: Drinking Alcohol More Important Than Exercise to Living Past 90
study: drink acohol brain works exurcis less healthy 90 year old man not dieded.

>Study: Drinking Alcohol More Important Than Living
Fixed that for you

That study isn't very robust, also, it's pretty likely that like 50 papers were published everyday (and most days) demonstrating the negative impacts of drinking on health, leading to an increased mortality and lower quality of life.

Most of the people who live to 90 and are like that felt the same way you did in their youth.
They are in fact only alive because of modern medicine and a few quirks of genetics.

If they didn't think FUCK GETTING OLD YOLO then started to scramble to unfuck the damage in their 50's which is way too late then LOL you get people like those 90 year olds.

My grampy lived to 100+ and was active and lucid till his dying day. The only reason he wasn't still farming was because a cow kicked him square in the chest when he was 90+ years old.
Tough old fucker.
Miss the old man.

>not doing both

lmao

>study
>USAtoday
k

As someone that works in the medical field i can say there are people in their ninety's more alert and in better health than some in their 50s, and im not talking about morbidly obese cunts either. Its all down to how you treat you body throughout its entire lifespan.

(((Study)))
(((Science)))
Y-you are definitely going to stop exercising and start drinking instead, r-right g-goy??

My great uncle is 90+ and still very active. He had to visit the hospital recently and drove the doctors into a panic with his resting heart rate of 40. Turned out that there was nothing wrong with his heart, a lifetime of skiing and farmwork had just made it strong as fuck.

Depends. My 84 year old grandfather is doing his PhD at the moment. He cycles 30 mins every day and walks everywhere he needs to go. My grandmother on the other side is the same, almost 80 ran a building company up until last year and you could regularly find her on site working alongside the 30 year old blokes. Meanwhile the other grandmother (who at one time was married to the 84 year old grandfather) died in her late 60's of heart problems b/c she just drank and ate herself to death. I would rather kill myself with full mobility than end up like her but I also think if you keep yourself active you can have a good life into your 70's or 80's even, you just have to not fall for the retirement meme.

this link smells jew

Is it 81 or 101?

yeah for the people ages ago

when you're 50+ medicine will be so good you'll make your 24 year old self look like a fucking piece of shit

>if i make it past 60 i'll probably kill myself just to get it over with
I sincerely doubt you'll be thinking this way once you turn 60

Problem is that you won't be able to afford that medicine, and within the next decade or so, we'll have the tech to shave decades off of your age.
It will come at the cost of years or decades of your life more then likely, but we have idiots here who'll kill themselves with DNP and fucktons of gear and all sorts of ridiculous life shortening and body destroying workouts for shits and giggles.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.13477/full

here is a nice counter study

> not wanting to fulfill your only duty in this world.

Probably white anyway, so is anything really lost?

>your only duty in this world
>being this fucking simple

Well ofcourse thats what youre going to see in a nursing home, thats what a nursing home is for.

Try reddit

dude the pursuit of pure hedonism and instant gratification are all that matter XD *tips*

happiness steadily increases until ~60 when it reaches its max for average people. turns out watching your kids grow up to be successful people and looking back at a life of achievements is incredibly satisfying.

bourbon is the bicep curl of whiskey.

For people that don't exercise, sure. I intend to slay young retarded puss at 60.

>Be shredded old man with money
>Pull college girls that think they'll land my money
>mfw blind trust

It's probably fun for them though.

Alcohol may help keeping arteries from being clogged.
But why do arteries get clogged?

>you just have to not fall for the retirement meme
THIS!

Because people are inactive and eat too much fat. The key is to drink alcohol and exercise for maximum declogging

Veeky Forums is always saying how historically men were way stronger and fitter on average than now, for example Greek warriors, Roman warriors, Medieval warriors. They all consumed copious amounts of wine, bread, grains and cheese. Veeky Forums also says all these things are bad for you. Moral of the story is never listen to Veeky Forums

Morons. Those in better health are more likely to drink alcohol at that age, so on average they live longer despite the drinking.

>Veeky Forums is one person

>he literally has /b/ bookmarked

Chances are that *some* (the elite and privileged) of those you mentioned were more fit than modern sedentary people, but it is delusional to think they are even close to modern athletes or military personnel - hell your typical gym rat with decent cardio would outperform them (athletically, not in combat)

it kind of is, joe

Alcohol is literally the blue pill and causes increases in estrogen. It’s soy boy syrup, you’re not a soy boy are you user?

>looking for bad examples in a place chock full of bad examples
>GUYS SEE ITS BAD TO GET OLD YOUR BRAIN TURNS TO MUSH

Next you'll tell me to look for people at risk of cancer in a fucking chemo clinic.

Yeah I agree. Although any organised ancient military force would have well trained for the time it would be nothing compared to today's conditioning.

Children are excellent. Should get 'em by 25. You'll start notice things only infants tend to see.

It's not the alcohol that increases estrogen, it's the hops in beer. Drink vodka or other liquors that clearly do not contain phytoestrogens

It's not terribly surprising. Being fit is going to make you more resistant to stress. Moderate alcohol consumption lowers stress. They're both good for your long term health and quality of life. Stress management is critical. Binge drinking lowers test, but it wouldn't surprise me if a glass of dry wine per day raises because of the stress reduction.

>phytoestrogens
>bu..but it has estrogen in its name, so it must work the same