Hello guys...

Hello guys, I recently started starting strength but also ride my bike for anywhere between 2-7 hours at an intense pace on rest days.

Assuming I'm eating enough to compensate, is this hurting my gains in any significant way?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/cardio-hypertrophy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some ass in that pic. Anyway realistically you're probably not eating enough to compensate.. so yes. I assume you mean weekly?

No, I mean I ride 2-7 hours a day on rest days. I eat alot.

enjoy your thunderthighs

Is that good or bad

OH LORD JESUS PL...
>BRAAAAAP
STOP, HAVE MER...
>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
I CAN'T HOLD IT FOR LON...
>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Based

You probably don't. Youre skinny aren't you? It will hurt your gains because of recovery isses, but don't quit something you love to do. Just accept the gains won't come as fast and figure out how tot make the two work

yes it will fuck with your recovery on leg days
also
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Muscles grow when you sleep (and rest), not when you train. With that amount of peddling they may not get the optimal amount of rest.

That said, I read not too long ago that cardio with cycling interfered a lot less with hypertrophy than running did.
Not sure why, but maybe its the eccentric load in each step interrupting the healing process of the muscle a lot more than the concentric load while biking?

I mean, you're doing SS, don't expect much gains.

Cycling is much lower intensity on your muscles and body than cycling because you are supporting your entity body whereas cycling you are sitting on a seat which is why you can go much longer cycling than running

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO FUCKING HORNY AAAAAAAAAA STOP POSTING GIRLS PLEASE

It's mostly because cycling has virtually no impact, while running has loads.

high test individual spotted

The ass implants are a fair turnoff though.

Low test

>liking my juicy asses to be real
>low test

Pick one mate.

I'm an ass eater, not an ass judger.

poop truck just arrive

I'd make sweet anal love to that girl

OP, there is not really a consensus on the interference effect (aka cardio killing your gains). to TLDR it for you, there is a biochemical pathway that produces mTOR, and that pathway produces lots of mTOR with large volumes of cardio. mTOR can blunt the bodies response to strength and hypertrophy training, which is why "cardio kills gains" has become a meme.

However, there is currently little research on the exact amount of cardio, the exact intensity, where it takes place in your training, etc to determine if cardio does in fact kill your gains. The research that's out there is somewhat inconclusive and has some methodological problems that mean it can't be generalized to the average person.

What does this mean for you? It means that all variables considered, cycling on your off days probably won't be killing your gains (unless you feel it is directly interfering with your work days). Personally, i think that cycling is an excellent form of cardio since there is very little eccentric loading placed on the body unlike running. Hope this helps.

Check this, OP:
strongerbyscience.com/cardio-hypertrophy/
tl;dr cycling is the least gain-killing cardio.

Fuck I had a guilty kek

Great now I need to fap to milf hentai

Stop masturbating.

lucky bastard,

>tfw no braphog business women to break my neck with her brap factory

Post source please id love to read it

there are lots of sources, you'll have to read a lot of papers about interference effect and some basic physio.

here's a reference to a good meta analysis that explains it well:
Wilson, J. M., Marin, P. J., Rhea, M. R., Wilson, S. M., Loenneke, J. P., & Anderson, J. C. (2012). Concurrent training: a meta-analysis examining interference of aerobic and resistance exercises. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 26(8), 2293-2307.

if you're interested in doing your own research (which i suggest) the keywords I use are "concurrent aerobic and resistance training" in google scholar, pubmed, sportdiscus, etc

Words to live by

why?

Lower test levels

milk truck just arrive

>big ass
>milk truck

user..

Sure you don’t mean fudge truck?

poop truck just arriv

shawty is thicc

No source. Otherwise, 9/10, would read again.