This kills the Veeky Forums

This kills the Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/NuSci-Spirulina-Powder-500g-1-1lb-Bulk-Pure-Fresh/155494113?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=13302&adid=22222222227100778041&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=233922187805&wl4=pla-385795192001&wl5=9026182&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117889304&wl11=online&wl12=155494113&wl13=&veh=sem
youtube.com/watch?v=SsbZWsVx51w
wellnessmama.com/4738/spirulina-benefits/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>only 158% iron
>not eating veggies that turn every atom in the universe into iron
never gonna make it fag

what is the quality and quantity of the amino-acide from your spirulina compared to thoses from a piece of meat ?

Enjoy your black shits.

Carb count on spirulina?

How does it taste?

I was looking for a reason to shit on it, but it's got great aminos, and is a complete protein
>pirulina is a form of cyanobacterium, some of which are known to produce toxins such as microcystins, BMAA, and others. Some spirulina supplements have been found to be contaminated with microcystins, albeit at levels below the limit set by the Oregon Health Department.[26] Microcystins can cause gastrointestinal disturbances and, in the long term, liver damage.[22] The effects of chronic exposure to even very low levels of microcystins are of concern, because of the potential risk of toxicity to several organ systems[22] and possibly cancer.[26]
I'll wait it out a bit because this strikes me as more than a overcautious concern.

>all proteins are equal

>calories
fuck off vegan faggot

That's for dried spirulina. You ever tried to eat 100 grams of dry shitty algae powder?

what is the cost comparison?

It's not cheap (100g is ~$11) and it tastes like a pond.

I'd imagine you'd use in in a smoothie.

>Animal protein sources, such as meat, fish, poultry, eggs and dairy, are similar to the protein found in your body. These are considered to be complete sources of protein because they contain all of the essential amino acids that your body needs to function effectively.

Daily vegan bait thread, noice
Sage and report

Eating 100grams of spirulina? Wont kill you. But WILL make you want to KYS.

Eating 100grams of steak? Wont kill you. But WILL make you want to eat another 100grams of steak.

>it tastes like a pond.
kek

It's an image that does it by grams this time. I've got to admit this does sound really good though, the evidence is concrete. Gonna start adding it as a seasoning to my steak now.

What is A M I N O A C I D P R O F I L E ?

Only 1-10% of the iron is absorbed from Spirulina. 25%-42% of the iron from the steak is absorbed.

But lets forsake this argument and look at it otherwise.

More than 100% of the recommended daily intake of iron increases chances for liver cancer, heart and artery diseases and type 2 diabeetus as well as possible digestion problems.

Fucking idiot vegans.

Wait, if it isn't absorbed your liver doesn't give a shit about it, you'll just poop it out. So you'd need over 600g, not that anyone would even want to eat 100 a day. I read it can help with hangover prevention so I might actually try it for that.

>overconsumption of iron is good

yes enjoy looking like a grandpa when you are 30

overload of iron is just as bad as an iron deficiency, and has been shown to accelerate aging.

women have a way to deplete their iron levels by period bleeding , however men's only way of depleting iron is by bleeding/donating blood
something which none of us probably do very often, this is why men age faster compare to women till the women reach menopause, then women age faster since they have higher estrogen.

unless you donate blood regularly or you are a woman its NOT a good idea to consume foods that are very high in iron, keep your iron levels sufficient but minimal

You know you can just have both on your diet.

What's the PDCAAS? How much carbs?

The amount of iron you actually absorb is represented in the nutrition label, idiot. Do you think the FDA just doesn't think about that factor at all yet somehow you do?

this is the worst one yet

>comparing a supplement to natural food

I would say newfags have killed the Veeky Forums

why are vtards so obsessed lmao

Why not eat both :^)

Exactly. Popping a tablespoon of this into your proton shake makes u feel great since there's a shitload of nutrients in that stuff

Are you fucking serious. Women age and deteriote crazy fast. They peak at around twenty, they look wasted at thirty, go through a passing good phase in their early fourties and then they're just old and ugly. They age at least ten years faster than guys. Women's looks are so fleeting that it's insane.

based

Price ? Effect from farming?

It's algae. It's literally Soylent Green.

even 5-10 g is really pungent in a smoothie

>men age faster compare to women
lmao dis nigga

>not pictured, actual amount of spirulina needed to eat to equate to 100 grams

>Only 1-10% of the iron is absorbed from Spirulina
Source?

100g of spirulina is simply not consumable at the same rate as a good steak

the vegan bullshit like "100 cals of spinach has 12 g or protein and 100 cals of groundbeef only has 10g" is only logical to a nutrient deprived brain. You would have to eat over a pound of spinach to get your brotes (and it wouldn't be as bioavailable, plant based non-heme iron)

So with spirulina I can get protein that isn't easily digested and mostly wasted by the body and more iron than is healthy for a male? Steak it is.

This is retarded even by troll standards. Protein is meme retards

No the FDA measures the contents of the food, not what is only absorbed you incompetent fuck

Partly correct, when the body has plenty of iron it will only absorb about 1% of plant based iron (non -heme iron) and still 25% of animal based iron (heme iron). Despite this, consuming over 45mg of Iron will lead to direct Iron poisoning and as mentioned before anything over the 100% recommended daily intake increases chances of cancers.

Biology textbooks. I can imagine your country has some form of basic food knowledge centre.

Bet get used to it, foods gonna run out soon if ching chongs and pooloos keep fucking so much

>eating way more iron than you normally should
Nice of you to kill yourself ahead of time

wtf is spirulina tho

Joke on you user, I live in eastern europe

jokes on you user, you live in eastern europe

I already deal with enough iron at the gym, don't need any more XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

absolute shit.

you have to be real good at making shakes to make this taste any good.

I make it like this :
500 ML whole milk, half frozen
2 banana
1 egg
1 spoon of olive oil
2 big spoons of cacao powder
1 spoon of (ew) spirulina

this way you don't taste it it tasts like chocolate banana.

but oh boy if you tast that shit in a shake you will fucking puke

>not eating phytoplankton and seaweed

It's like you actually don't want to make it.

>not eating shredded maggots

are you even trying?

try eating a 300g portion of spirulina ya dumb shit

Is cyanobacteria/spirulina vegan? If its bacteria-meat and it tastes like seaweed and the nutrients are only better when comparing dried spirulina to non-dried meat (with 19% fat), I don't see the point

>not making a sauce out of spirulena and eating it on the steak
NEVER GONNA MAKE IT

I'm actually eating seaweed because I rarely use regular salt anymore so I don't have any real source of iodine. A tiny bit is like 80% RDA.

Except after literally 20 seconds of research I found 500 grams for 18 bucks.

walmart.com/ip/NuSci-Spirulina-Powder-500g-1-1lb-Bulk-Pure-Fresh/155494113?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=13302&adid=22222222227100778041&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=233922187805&wl4=pla-385795192001&wl5=9026182&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117889304&wl11=online&wl12=155494113&wl13=&veh=sem

>bacteria-meat
what am i reading

youtube.com/watch?v=SsbZWsVx51w

>what is density

That's obviously your % daily value.

Pff try bresaola.

>one is overly healthy and tastes like ass
>the other is incredibly tasty and still fairly healthy
Well, I know which one I'm going to cook tonight :^)

Full amino spectrum but it's not well researched atm regarding dosage and health concerns. It's literally a clot of bacteria and not really "food"

>bacteria meat
I'm surprised this didn't turn into an Ms paint screenshit collage

You understand that Spirulina was developed to help malnurished africans?
mix it in with their rice to keep them fed?

>jokes on you user, you live in eastern europe
shots fired

>Steak $4-13/lb
>Spirulina $Not Available$
really makes me lift

>twice as expensive as steak
I'll take the steak.

brotien powder is ~$8/lb

Your body is prepared to absorb animal protein
90% of that soyboy protein won't be broken down into amino-acids by your small intestine

You may as well compare 100g of whey protein vs 100g of food

>Iron encourages the formation of cancer-causing free radicals. Of course, the body needs a certain amount of iron for healthy blood cells.
>But beyond this rather small amount, iron becomes a dangerous substance, acting as a catalyst for the formation of free radicals.
>Because of this, research studies have shown that higher amounts of iron in the blood mean higher cancer risk.

>buying food from Walmart
you Americans find new ways to disgust me

>implying theres any difference in food shipped to walmart or any other store

The body requires free radicals for certain processes however.
The problem is that the body's natural homeostasis is knocked out of whack by a whole host of modern conveniences and poisons in the environment.
So free radicals that serve a natural pourpose instead sow seeds for cancer in the future.

el ogro de las americas

im not american, but if you actually think the food you buy in your expensive vegan store is any different from the ones in some shitty store youre retarded

>Implying im vegan
>Implying walmart doesn't sell plastic disguised as food

The absolute state of el goblinos

>It costs up to 30x as much as dairy or meat protein per gram and is not a viable primary protein source for this reason.

wellnessmama.com/4738/spirulina-benefits/

>Walmart grows its own food

You're retarded my man

>defending walmart this intensely

Cope harder basketball american, you've been poisoning yourself and you are mad about it

i've actually never been to a walmart in my life but keep thinking im american

spirulina is way too expensive

you could try actually knowing what you're talking about before you post it, rather than shooting off rebuttals and hoping they're incidentally correct or that no one bothers to check, because Spirulina has excellent amino acid profiles

>100g of Spirulina
>That'll be $15
>Enjoy your taste of the sea floor covered in sludge
I use spirulina but please try not to be this retarded

veganism isnt about being right or wrong. its about being better than you.

good to know but it's important to know how many calories, carbs, volume and the price of 100 grams of spirulina. without googling my guess it's that you could eat one tablespoon a day tops.

You're retarded mate. If walmart sells a packaged product, its gonna be the same as a packaged product with the same name at literally any other store. Thats how packaging works.

holy shit, how fucking dumb

Doesn't taste as good though

100 grams of spirulina is a lot of fucking spirulina

You are proving the fact that meat eaters are brainlets

>actually believing this
americans are so cucked by their (((FDA)))

Spirulina tastes like poison.

Any point you think you just made is redundant by this simple fact.

>caring about how something tastes if it helps gains

NEVER going to make it

More like cucked by your weak ass bait. I can't believe they're still responding.

igoogled spinrrula
>literal sea urchin shit

so what are the macros of that entire thing that is required to make it taste good?

and how does that compare to a nice steak with some light seasoning?

Their population growth rate is declining though. I'd be more worried about African and Middle Eastern hordes, chinks and poos at least work for their food and don't beg for beg for gibs