Went from Norwood 1.5 to 2.5 since I started finasteride 16 months ago

>went from Norwood 1.5 to 2.5 since I started finasteride 16 months ago
>forelock's started to thin
>DHT test results came, they were within the upper range of normal despite using a DHT inhibitor lowering DHT levels by 60%
>my dermatologist says she won't prescribe me dutasteride since it's not approved, says "I have nice dense hair and she can see lots of regrowth and baby hair
>it's actually fucking miniaturisation
What the hell do I do guys ;_;

a bump

I'd say minoxidil but it looks like you're too fucked. Start saving for a transplant

How am I too fucked? My hair doesn't look bad yet. It's just that finasteride hasn't been working at all apparently

It's only going to get worse from now on.

Finasteride can take multiple hair shedding and growth cycles to start working. I'd say 1 year is long enough to know if it works for you or not. Unfortunately if you stop you could notice extremely rapid shedding that finasteride was preventing

Should I shave it already?

For fuck's sake, my hairloss isn't that agressive and if I actually managed to lower my DHT is should be stopped. I'm not going to let it get any worse.
The problem is that my dermatologist thinks I'm exaggerating, that my hair is decent and that the miniaturised hair is actually regrowth, which is not the case.

Dude I'm not sure if it's been preventing anything, my DHT is literally in the UPPER FUCKING RANGE of normal while it should be like 6 times lower. I'm not sure what has been going on.

Did you ask if it's possible to up your daily dosage? Drs are over careful with Fin because of sexual side effects

Fret not man, first there are many cures coming out this year and as for what you can do now, I really recommend derma rolling and minoxidil

get over it and accept your baldness

>What the hell do I do guys ;_;
Go bald
No, just keep it short, you still have the image of hair, the perception of hair. You have about 3 years left.

Does that 3 years still apply if I'm already 33?

it depends, how long ago did you have a full head of hair? I went from full to bald in about 6 years.

I won't accept going bald if I can prevent it, I'm gonna try everything I can.

btw this is my hair now, it's not too bad but it doesn't show temple recession (I usually kinda cover it with hair). Also definitely looked much better before starting treatment.

I'd say about 3 years ago. What's worse is that all I can grow is a goatee. Cheek hairs are just now popping up, at 33 years old. Are my hormones fucked?

>sacrificing your masculinity to keep already thinning hair
Just shave it off and grow a beard

Can't grow a beard. And I'm not sacrificing anything, anti-androgens' sexual side effects are pretty rare. Though perhaps I haven't had them because they haven't been working for me.

Bro take fin and minoxidil, you can still save this if you're willing

You look fine, you have a good head shape too. Going bald isnt so bad if you're not squidward underneath.
Some people just cant grow beards. Yea thats about me at 3 years too, you'll be totally bald in another 3. You should shave it as soon as you're ready, but none of that weak buzzcutting, just shave it to the skin. Try and get a wife soon i guess.

Haha thanks but I got a #2 buzzcut to see how I'd look bald and my nose/face is a bit too long for that. That's when I decided I needed to keep my hair.

grab a needle and poke little holes on your scalp so the hair has more place to grow

At mid 30s no one cares anyway, it isn't a problem for women as much and you can still look good and confident. I'm fully bald at 25, more difficult but im doing okay, managed to get a cute girlfriend still.

Exactly, that’s the only reason. DHT is what gives men the “alpha male” mindset and is five times more androgenic than testosterone. Just look up what guys feel like when they take masteron. You might as well be injecting estrogen.

>dude just shave it bro

Do you fellas have itchy scalps? Because my scalp itches real bad. I think I have some immune issue or something because I have or have had eczema and joke itch.

Tried doing no shampoo a few years back and my head went mental, broke out in a big rash, eyebrows/eyelashes fell out, red flaky skin behind my brows. Hair has never recovered. Think my dad had similar issue. Can feel bumps and stuff on my crown.

I've started using peppermint oil because apparently it helps regrow hair.

Will it lower my test much if I apply it to my scalp? What about pumpkin seed oil? I read different things about it being good and bad for test etc. Should I apply it or take it orally?

both peppermint and pumpkin oil reduce test
apply it topically

Don’t go bald, save for a transplant. Don’t listen to these fucking retards. Looking good when bald requires a head shape most of us don’t have and I don’t think you have it either based off pics

Motherfucker your head is already shaved.
Just keep the sides and back extra short and the stuff on top at about 2cm 3cm

DHT is important during puberty. You don't "lose your masculinity" when you inhibit it in a fully developed male. You're not suppressing testosterone you retard.

kill yourself and start over

>tfw norwood 2a, with extreme thinning
>tfw 57 year old father has more hair than me

i dont know why people dont do this...its taken me 8 tries to get to 34 and im still learning something every day

Whatever bro, enjoy your shit gains and low sex drive. As I said, DHT is five times more androgenic than testosterone. You can look that up.

it's banger for you mein tigger

Apply apple cidar vinegar. Sounds like inflammation

Take finasteride and then take saw palmetto twice per day, 12 hours apart. This combo worked really well for myself and a friend for blocking extra high DHT levels. Keep the hair short and make sure to use nazural shampoo when you wash your hair and minoxidil at night and in the morning. I personally restored a decade of hair loss this way.

I've done this a bit but need to be regular with it.

Onion
Apple cider vinegar
Peppermint oil
Pumpkin seed oil.

I'll see how this treats me.

> Can't grow a beard
so use minoxidil on your face for 6 months. Unlike hair on your head, beard gains are permanent

shave your head you fucking pussy

Yeah I'm not going bald but I think transplant is a bit radical. I'm fine with the hair I have now so I need to keep it with drugs.

>try finasteride
>doesn't work and dick gets fucked up for a bit
>try minoxidil
>doesn't do shit and is annoying to have in my hair
Fugg. I can at least use the extra minoxidil for a beard, right? I have a couple months worth.

I don't recommend going bald either for most people, but falling for the transplant meme is just as bad if not worse. Most guys aren't willing to cough up what it takes for a really good transplant and don't plan ahead and end up losing hair behind where it was transplanted.

Not really, minoxidil makes your face bloated. If you didn't get it while applying on the hair you surely will when you put it on your face. :^)
I'm fine with a transplant in future (I'd probably go to Turkey, they offer cheap transplants that are actually of good quality), but I don't think I'll need it anytime soon. I just need to lower my DHT so that I stabilise my hair loss.