I'm totally new to cardio and just wanted to know if its normal for my legs to be fucked for around two days after only...

I'm totally new to cardio and just wanted to know if its normal for my legs to be fucked for around two days after only running about 40 minutes. My neighborhood is essentially a series of hills so I figure it's either that or my running form is bad or something. Should I just keep going or is there something I should change?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5m1O5niSr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

should try jump rope. its lit senpai

I'm uncoordinated as shit but I'll try it. Thanks.

yes. running even with perfect form will fuck you up when you first do it.
run for little bit less time next time.

Okay I'll tone it down next time, I figured I wouldn't get any results unless my legs were jelly after the run so I ran until I couldn't.

>totally new to cardio
>running about 40 minutes
>a series of hills
>legs hurt

I assume your limetext is implying I'm a retard?

it will be awkward at first but just watch boxers do it. its cool as shit and you can burn like 700 calories in less than 30 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5m1O5niSr0

> new to cardio
>only running about 40 minutes

damn good for somebody new to cardio. But yeah, perfectly normal for your legs to hurt like hell. Idk if it will work for you, but what I always do when I know I've done enough for my legs to be sore I walk easily for 15-20 minutes and that seems to lessen the soreness.

Okay I'll try that from now on. I've been doing a warmup walk for around 5 minutes before the run, I think I read that somewhere.

Don't forget to stretch too user.

he's implying you went a bit too hard for your first time. it's tempting to go as hard as you possibly can when starting a new exercise, but it's much better long-term to ease into it. goes for all forms of training.

follow something like the Couch to 5K program. It's interval running; run for a minute, rest for a minute. It gradually adds more time until you can run 5K without stopping, and you won't feel like dying afterwards because you progressed into it properly.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Yeah, it's called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness and it's because you did a form of exercise your body isn't used to. It will last about four days to a week but if you keep repeating the exercise it will stop happening.

The same shit happens the first time someone squats heavy.

Yes it's normal, recover better and keep running. Walk to cool down and stretch hard afterward.
Warning: it's very easy to end up sore as fuck and with shin splints. Start small. Like just a few 30-second rounds at first.

I'm doing one of these right now and I had a question. Just started today and did 4 walk, 2 job, 4 walk for a total of about 40 minutes for the first day instead of what it said. That was okay right? Also can I still do intense cardio on the rest days or will I just fuck myself over?

yea, the rest periods (walking) only need to be as long as it takes for you to get your breathing back to normal.

as for rest days, it's up to you. if you feel like you can continue progressing and completing the program while doing other strenuous shit on your off-days, go for it. but if you start to stall, then rest on rest days.

Also, when can I expect side stitches to stop happening?

Thanks for the advice. I've jogged and run a bit before in short bursts but I wanted something to better push myself to actually maintain a 25-30 minute constant jog to help build endurance and shed some fat..

If you are just starting, yes. I was in decent shape weight and strength wise and when I started running again it took me a month or two before running 5k was just another quick workout and not a significant effort.

>I'm totally new to cardio
so youre fat?

Don't push yourself too hard at the beginning. Your body will need at least a month to condition itself to running regularly.
Watch out for knee and ankle pains because if you fuck up those you might be out of the game for weeks this is why it's important to gradually increase your milage.

I run quite a lot and two days of being tired if good. Keep pushing yourself as hard as you can maybe. Maybe alternate between faster runs and longer runs

>legs hurt
If you've never exercised, you're body's getting used to it. I wouldn't run on concrete, for your joints' sake, I think grass or track are better with well cushioned shoes. You can also try other cardio exercises like,
>swimming
>rowing
>bicycling
>airdyne machine
>etc.

They will take a while to go but when you do get one power through

You don't run when you're fat you fucking mongoloid, do you want to destroy your knees?