PMS exercise fatigue (female intended thread)

Though females make up a small percentage of this board, I know there are some here.

How do you girls deal with exercise fatigue during PMS? It feels like whatever I did the day before takes a much heavier toll on my body in a way that's totally different from how DOMS feels, much worse than that, and it completely fucks up my training schedule if I let it. Not only does my body feel tired, I get this insane urge to oversleep almost as if I had a flu.

I tried taking mefenamic acid, but it makes me sleepier and groggy. I lift lighter weights than what I'm used to, I do less cardio than what I'm used to, I'm halfway dead through HIIT, sometimes I can't even do the entire HIIT training. I end up trying to compensate it by cutting my calorie intake in half, because I'm not burning as many calories as I'm used to and even though I know the scale is showing water weight because of progesterone, I simply cannot think rationally about it and chill out knowing that I will drop all the water weight the scale is showing I gained from PMS as soon as my period is over and feel like shit about it.

How do you cope with this? Any useful tips?

Can you please send a pic of your ass?

Tits?

Hi dear
show bobs and vagene

sniff sniff

i can halp u cope, remove clothe & send bob pic

shit thread

bitch lasagne

I swap my training around to suit my cycle. HIIT/Weights in my normal weeks and pilates, yoga, steady-state cardio in my PMS weeks with focus on arms and core.
Recovery takes longer so I do more magnesium, more veggies and book a massage or two.
I just see it as a reflection period when I can focus on form, what I'm doing in life and if I'm on the right track to getting there.

Sorry about everybody asking for boob

Go to youtube and watch lyle mcdonalds talks on women and fitness.

All you'll get is LARPing transexuals and women who are as clueless as you and lack the spine that you do for comming forward and asking.
NB4 "LIFT LIKE THE BOYS"

bish lasagna i do trains its hard job

LONDON

open bob u blastid bich

ayy babygirl lemme clap dem CHEEKS

>i do trains its hard job
This one was a fake /pol/ account

Milk truck just arrived

yes i pol carts with train

wow this was very helpful! Thank you!!

preworkout. otherwise it's pretty useless, just lift lighter those days. how long does it last for you, OP? mine used to come around for 4-5 days, right before my period. i fixed my diet up a bit and added lots of coffee, now its only a couple days.

the only thing I do is lift a little lighter and drop deadlifts from my program because I get immense back pain for 4-5 days.

What you need to be taking is 200-400 mg of psilocibin mushrooms.

Take it in the morning of a workout day and you'll breeze through it with energy and focus for the rest of the day.

Just don't over do your lift because you'll want to go harder since it'll feel easier but the soreness will be a bitch

And you'll feel a bit randy

I faint during periods so my doc advises me to stay away from heavy exercise during them
take lots of iron and drink lots of water, stop looking at yourself during your period think of your period as cocoon time

also you burn more on your period if it helps

PMS only affects people with periods. Traps need not apply.

Fuck you and your traps, I lift with a skirt for that crazy range of motion.

And fuck your breathable fabrics I'm in the air

oh fuck, fainting?
I already knew that with burning more but I always get bloated af and feel like shit about it

Please be in the Netherlands.

As a husband coaching his wife - thank you so much for this.

Please be in London

>And fuck your breathable fabrics I'm in the air

Currently going through this, this week's training has been shit. Have also been getting mad carb cravings which fucked my diet but I'm steadily getting back on track.

I noticed that if I train hard and a lot during the month, PMS and also periods are lighter and with less symptoms. I guess it doesnt work for everyone, and it sure as heck doesnt work for me all the time. Do you get this with every period?

Not a girl but why don’t you just take it easy on shark week?
Or just get on the pill and cuck your hormones in the name of gains

pusy

I think I take for granted how much easier it is for men to get stronk.
>Even a clinically low test 70 year old man has way higher test
>Higher levels of GH
>No period fucking gains up
Gotta remember that next time I think about skipping a session.

Would be nice to be able to talk to women in public without getting metoo v& tho

I totally agree about the flu thing - I'm due on any day and I dragged myself to the gym this morning and just struggled through my cardio. It's not surprising but it's a pain in the ass.

I think the best way to deal with it is to go and just do the best you can. You might find it a struggle and you might not beat a PB, but I've noticed that working out makes cramps better and generally helps me improve my mood. At least it I'm tired out, I don't have the energy to PMS all over the place.

You're not alone though. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only female here.

Imagine being a female here, internalizing racism, sexism, demanding bobs and lasagna, participating in sex doll threads, shitting on sjws, feminists and women in general

You would need to be seriously fucked in the head, mmv.

Sounds like farah

Imagine not being able to read ideas and still keep your own world view.
Imagine tv, movies, papers and the entire rest of the internet pushing sjw stuff and thinking this place is the one that will influence.

Maybe just don't work out during that time of the month? 3 out of 4 weeks is still more than 95% of females and more than enough

toasty

>how long does it last for you, OP?
4 days
>added lots of coffee
wow that's crazy! coffee makes my cramps MUCH WORSE.
I don't do drugs.
do you faint because you lose a lot of blood? that doesn't happen to me, thank god. Though cardio and yoga, depending on the intensity of breathing exercises involved and if it's on the first day of my period or second, definitely make it heavier.
>been getting mad carb cravings
I can relate. I get them every time, sometimes I give in, sometimes I don't haha
>Do you get this with every period?
When I try to push through it, train acting as if I was fine, I noticed that my period days either reduce or it becomes irregular altogether.Still, the pre-menstrual symptoms always happen.
>makes cramps better and generally helps me improve my mood
Yeah, it happens to me too. My main issue is how much I feel like shit the next day though or right before I get there.
I already feel like crap if on my rest days (sunday). I cannot imagine how I would feel if I took 4 days off.

>I think I take for granted how much easier it is for men to get stronk.
true
>Would be nice to be able to talk to women in public without getting metoo v& tho
sjws and feminists tend to stay away from the gym. Try joining a gym class like muay thai or abdominal crunches, or something there are a few girls attending to make friends. It's easier to have a conversation with a girl if you are in the same gym class as them, without feeling awkward about it.

>participating in sex doll threads
I usually just click on threads about diets, routines and stuff like that. Hardly ever click on the /b/ tier ones, unless it's good bait.
>shitting on sjws, feminists and women in general
I have no problem with shitting on feminists and sjws and when it's about shitting on women in general, I can understand some of the anons doing it are frustrated and need to vent. I don't really care for it.

>Though cardio and yoga, depending on the intensity of breathing exercises involved and if it's on the first day of my period or second, definitely make it heavier.

That's unusual and nasty. I know of exercising generally makes periods lighter to the point of heavy exercising (for example, women in the military probably) making it possible it stops altogether. I try to remind myself to focus on abs and lots of cardio since they help quite a bit, it definitely feels different than when I don't exercise. Lifting makes way for the occasional niagara flow when exerting myself and tensing core muscles with heavy weights.

Did you try ibuprofen? I didn't believe it until I tried it. Reduces cramps and flow by a lot, it also relieves mood symptoms sometimes so it helps with energy levels too. Best if taken starting 2-3 days before period hits.

>I know of exercising generally makes periods lighter to the point of heavy exercising (for example, women in the military probably) making it possible it stops altogether.
Well, exercise vasodilates, which would explain a heavier flow, whereas physical inactivity causes vasoconstriction which causes cramps. If I'm not eating right and overtraining though, it could make my periods lighter because my brain signals my body to conserve energy, which may lead to amenorrhea. Not my case though, because I can't even get to the point I overtrain due to the PMS symptoms. But you could say my periods have reduced. When I took a break from training a couple of years ago because of university, my period was lasting 7 days and now it's only 4.
>Did you try ibuprofen? I didn't believe it until I tried it.
Does it make you sleepy at all? I'm usually afraid to try pharmas because I'm terrified they will make me more sleepy and risk me losing the entire day.

Taking breaks for 3~4 days until period get's lighter is fine too ya know.

Ibuprofen is just a vasodilator
If you fear getting sleepy or are real smoll just take 1

I like you

Hi Cheekie. Post benis.

Medic here - ibuprofen is not a vasodilator, it does not make you sleepy - it will reduce the volume of your period by about 50%, it may reduce your gains from exercise.

You have to obey your cycle. Yes, I lift less weight during my period and I do more cardio. I take dipyrone pills if it's too painful.

You should take anti conceptional pills if you're too annoyed by it.

Ok, i'm not a female. But I can give you advice anyway... You don't need to have "felt" something to be able to think rationally about it. And sometimes it actually makes it easier.

I'm just thinking of it as if it was me. If I had good 5-6 days in a row every month where I was physically limited. The reason doesn't matter much.

I'd need to accept that I can't just continue with the same program I'm doing and hope next time that I can power through that same problem I keep encountering... Repeatedly applying the same method and hoping for different results is the definition of illogical.

I would split my program up in a monthly schedule rather than weekly. Keeping consistency month after month IS possible, even with this obstacle... Total sets, planned timing of progression, total rest days, total cardio days.. etc.

Consistency in the long run is more important than consistency week to week. So just incorporate the under performing week into your program. Use it as a frequent semi-deload. Use it to focus on flexibility work... Do more partial reps. Time your progression (days you want to force increased weight) to happen just before the slow week starts and then another one 7 days after that week ends...(or more frequently if you are newer to lifting, but you get what I mean)

Obviously, you would be much better off if you could just power through and not let it effect your training at all. But you've been alive long enough to know that you're not able to. So accept it and overhaul your program to include it in your plans.

There is a reason all serious programs are designed by men.

And there is also a reason why serious female athletes take whatever pill it is that they don't need to take breaks on so that they simply don't have periods... It's so that they can utilize the training programs designed by men.

Maybe you'll just ignore my post completely though. Maybe you've left the thread already. Who knows.

OPEN BOB!!!!!

never go full retard, honey :)

OP here
>Maybe you'll just ignore my post completely though. Maybe you've left the thread already
No, it was solid advice. I'm going to create a chart based on my own menstrual cycle like this one and take your advice accordingly.

Thanks, dude

I'll preface this by saying it's probably not the solution for everyone but it's worth trying. I used have terrible PMS, where I would go into a psychotic rage, muscle pain, and fatigue. I tracked my macros and found out I was getting very little calcium. I fixed my calcium intake and even up it a few days before and no more PMS.

I take potassium and magnesium supplements, pretty much shove water down my throat the whole cycle, and eat a lot of bananas. As for exercise I go easy on myself so I don't stress my body out more. Doing sports helps or swimming because they feel less like hard exercise. Good luck OP