How do I stop feeling insecure and demotivated over not being able to lift much just starting out

How do I stop feeling insecure and demotivated over not being able to lift much just starting out

You stop feeling demotivated by doing a good beginner program and making regular, measurable, linear progress that lets you know you're doing the right things.

You stop feeling insecure by realizing (and bearing in mind so you don't forget) that the other people in the gym might as well be furniture for all you care, they don't fucking matter, nothing they think matters and nothing they do (besides make you wait for equipment sometimes) matters. Put some headphones in and focus, before long the other people in the gym will matter as much to you as the other people at the crosswalk.

You could try working out at home to start, but chances are getting a lot of equipment won't be practical. Just turn up your music and focus solely on your lifts I guess. The sooner you're able to stop caring about what other people think (most people really don't care unless you're a gym thot or grunting like an ogre), the better your life will be in general.

Bro you will be like that forever until you get over it and start progressing.

Just do it like a boss.. if you can only lift small weight, make it look like you're doing your best at it and people will think "damn that skinny boy is going for it".

Who fucking cares anyway

No one will care about how much weight it is, only way someone will look down on you is if you're lifting more than you can handle and sacrificing form to do so

I know this will sound horrible but keep working out until you find someone eventually become weaker than you. This is a HUGE confidence boost, just don't talk about it out loud

Stop coming on Veeky Forums. Or at very least stop taking their estating, judgement and playing on insecurity seriously.

Resolve to workout even when you feel demotivated or insecure. Ironically then just turning up will feel like an achievement.

If you're in your average commercial gym, you'll probably one of the strongest around withing 5-6 months.
People really don't know what they're doing.

Consider that if you stop now you will always be as weak as you are now, which is the only reason you feel bad in the first place

never has an image summed up my existence so well

Its weird i always think of myself as a dyel. But whenever im at the gym i realize im buffer than most dudes there.

Look around your gym the next time you feel anxious or demotivated look at the most jacked dude in your gym he wasn't able to life as much as when he started. Look at some older people do you think they feel insecure because they can't lift 4pl? Everyone in your gym probably felt a little insecure at the beginning I did too, it's a new environment but nobody expects you to lift 4 pl your first day, month, year. Just go user chase your goals

Just wait till how demotivated and embarrassed you'll be to you get rejected. Harness the pain.

I've stopped caring about strength. Veeky Forums made me insecure about it, especially the whole 1/2/3/4 thing, but to be honest, I work out because it's something I like doing. I'm finding that while I have a 275 squat at 6'3" 210 lbs, I get burnt out and need to take frequent breaks while hiking up a mountain while my manlet 170 lb dad is basically running up the mountain.

OP, don't worry about how much you can lift. The only people that care are other gym rats, and most of them are insecure losers. Just enjoy working out for the sake of itself. Weightlifting is fun, enjoy it for what it is. Take up running or swimming or something to complement your weightlifting, and just have fun.

*When you get rejected for the first time after getting fit. Phone posting sucks

too fuckin real

I want to die but I won't let them win

Don't think about the end goal. Instead, learn to love the process.

The goal will fall into place eventually.

I just kept doing it and hating myself. Still not exactly happy with it despite huge strength gains. Still not an aesthetic God either. Fuck, this better work.

This
We're all gonna make it brah

I have a saying, OP:
>You can only train at the level you can train at
EVERYONE starts out weak (or slow, depending on what you're training for).

>LIFT regularly and consistently
>INCREASE resistance conservatively and regularly
>EAT enough to supply your body with the building materials and fuel it needs to support your efforts
>SLEEP enough to allow your body time to rebuild itself stronger
>REPEAT all the above until success is achieved

You are the TORTOISE, not the HARE; this race is won 'slow and steady', it's not a 'sprint to the finish'.

you don't. me and all real lifters point and laugh at weak bitch boys lifting babby weight. get out of the gym and go to zumba class with the other bitches where you belong

by training harder

Either:
>doesn't lift, just shitposts
>is cripplingly insecure, can only avoid killing self by chopping down others
Which are you?

thanks, goku negro

im skinny as fuck
but i have a shaved head and a face that looks like i belong in prison
i have a ross tattooed on my left hand.
when i rest i just stare angrily i to nothing or pace around like im looking for something to tear apart.
people show some sort of odd combination of fear/respect/creeped out.
people ussualy scurry to not be in my way or bother me.
thats what gets me over the shame of pushing babby weights

Just dont be a faggot.
/thread

>being this edgy

This.
Dyles that are progressing at their own pace are ok. Dyels that try to egolift are the worst.

user no one is scared of you. ur the kinda guy me and my gf would laugh at as we passes you in public.

By doing Starting Strength correctly and knowing that even if you start with just the bar, you'll mog 90%or more of normies in less than 6months

haha how old are you? nah i take it back some people stay edgy for their entire lives, i cant and want to understand this faggotry so fuck off

so your life has meaning. it is to succeed despite the enviroment

this

You're never going to lift as much as you want to. You're never going to be as big and lean as you want to. But you can always keep chasing those ideals you've set for yourself

they would be scared of you if you were stronger, I have seen a few guys like you at my gym and I just laugh at them because they think they are tough and then go on to bench sub 1pl8. I just cant take a man serious unless he benches 2pl8

>I can lift more than this guy, this means that i could beat him in a fight.

Do you actually believe people take time off thinking about themselves to give a fuck about you? How disassociated from society is this board?

You guys are such snowflakes you ACTUALLY believe a stranger at the gym gives a fuck about you. Get over yourselves and I gaurantee you won't be as autistic as you are now.

Just go and be humble in that you're weak, but you're just beginning so it's alright. Eventually you will get strong enough that normies will mire you, and by that point you'll be such a sperg that you don't even pay attention to others anymore because you feel weak as shit for only benching just over 2 plate

Atleast that's what happened to me

im not trying to scare anyone u fucktards
i was just saying its y way of coping with the shame of pushing babby weights

moreover, most of the ‘buff’ dudes in my gym are complete pushovers.

as for the guy laughing with his gf, bro ur gf fantasizes about people like that while having sex with you

this is kinda true
most skinny people are quick to jump into fights
sure, they may get the shit kickedd out of them if they fight a big enough guy but those skinny fucks are fast and ruthless

>that adams apple

How can you faggots even reply to this degenerate without freaking out to this?

Yeah but the meaning only arose from its inherent meaningless. Paradox boi

This x1000.

Go. Lift. Eat well. Learn. Grow. Improve. Ignore others.

I used to think you weren't supposed to put the bar down between reps while doing Pendlay Rows, so I was doing absolute bitch weight and still feeling pressure in my lower back.