How to make fast food work in a bind

Basically how do you make fast food as healthy as possible. Not looking for smart was chads "don't eat it durrrr", that's not the thread.

I lost a lot of weight primarily just calorie counting with fast food and removing the bread. And of course salad and wraps were manageable. So what ideas do you have? Also generic chain restaurants?

>Inb4 "don't eat it"
>Inb4 pack food and eat it in a restaurant like an autist

I don't understand. Do you work in fast food? Can you not just keep walking/driving past a restaurant when you see one?

There's not really any way to "health-up" fast food besides bringing kale or spinach in a baggie and putting it on the burger before you eat it. Smaller portions, not eating the fries, and asking for water instead of a soda can help too.

Honestly OP are you too lazy to meal prep?

I meal prep most of the time, but there's just times where I end up in situations where I can't just make my own. For example, I'm visiting family tonight and were going to go to some generic place for food and it'll be noticeably awkward if I don't eat there. Or a few days ago for work I got sent to another city several hours away without notice, so my work group picked fucking McDonald's to eat twice in one trip.

The burger itself actually isn't terrible. It's the soda and fries that add a ton of extra calories and virtually no other nutritional benefits.

Okay, well bare minimum: don't order fries, and get water instead of soda. If you want to take it a step further you can get the burgers without sauces.

I wouldn't give a fuck about sticking to the salads. Most fast food salads are just the chicken/burger meat in lettuce, and if you go sans-sauce you're paying a ton of money for just lettuce.

Have to mention the McDouble here. $1.39 for 380 calories, 23g of protein, plus small but notable amounts of fibre and calcium. Taking off the bun is best. That's the obvious one though, along with skipping fries and only getting water.
Fast food is cheap and easy. If you know how to eat right they're a valuable resource. Obviously if you just order a bunch of big macs you're fucking yourself over, but there are nutrients in those menus that you can take advantage of.
Not to mention living in North America, you're basically forced to these places if you're at all social with friends and family. Better to be the weirdo making strange, yet nutritionally optimal orders than be the anorexic autist sitting there just waiting for other people to finish eating.

So in regards to condiments, A1 and mustard are both low cal, are they good or should I avoid? I don't use ketchup much but I think I've heard ketchup is high in sugar or something right?

Also red pill on salad dressing?

Chic fil A sandwich no fries and some kind of chicken nuggets or chicken tenders. 70g of protein, under 900 calories

Also, if you're incorporating fast food into your diet, make sure your sodium intake is on point.

A little bit for flavor isn't bad, but you don't want the fucker drenched.

Personally I don't use salad dressing. I use a smidgen of olive oil and a little bit of red wine vinegar in my salads, but since fast food places don't have an option for that, just say fuck it and get a burger by itself.

What is ideal for sodium intake?

Ideal? Like 1500-1800mg. But since Americans are fatty fat fatties the official number is 2300mg.

I'll add that, for the McDouble (or pretty much any fast food burger), order it with no ketchup to cut out some unneeded sugar.

>never get fries or soda
>stick to hamburgers or grilled chicken sandwiches, avoid “crispy” chicken.
>order burgers without cheese or mayo

That's another good point. Skip the cheese at fast food places, it's basically just a slice of processed orange crap.
An Egg McMuffin without cheese or butter is a pretty decent on-the-go breakfast.

Mustard is totally fine. You want to avoid almost every other condiment though. Ketchup and BBQ sauce are high in sugar, and while mayo often has a lot of good healthy fats from olive oil, fast food places almost certainly have really shitty quality garbage that will mess you up.
That said, good quality mayo on homemade burgers is GOAT.

Not OP
I work at McDonald's and employees have free meals there. No one judges you if you bring boiled rice and chicken breasts but since I work for 4-5 hours before the meals, it gets hard and cold. I usually take:
-2x plain hamburger (plain big mac is fine too)
-0,5 L water
-small salad without the condiments

It usually gets me filled for a few hours so I'm not constantly thinking about real food at home.

>make fast food as healthy as possible

no soda
no meat
no bread
no potatoes
no vegetable oils
no sauces or dressings
no tortillas
no cheese
no sour cream

So pretty much eat lettuce and water if you aren't willing to eat a burger, you fat ass.

>noticeably awkward

Grow up, faggot. Tell your family you're eating a healthy meal, and enjoying their company. Are you literally too autistic to be open and honest with your own family?

>Everyone who eats fast food is fat

Nice projection,fucking lardass

It's almost universally true though, unless you're under 25.

Honestly why not learn to make it yourself?
Sure it may take a bit longer but it'll save you a lot of money and probably taste a lot better too

It's just a matter of trying to eat healthier when I'm stuck in a fast food situation. I've had awkward work lunches where I barely ate and my boss gave me shit the whole time.

Yank garbage