Did you ever stop following someone's advice because they were DYEL despite being seemingly well-informed?

Did you ever stop following someone's advice because they were DYEL despite being seemingly well-informed?

Other urls found in this thread:

thebroscientist.com/blog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i generally ignore all of Veeky Forumss advice

where is the six pack?

Under the hair

where is the hair

Coaches and teachers rarely ever sniff the success level of their proteges yet lifting seems to be the only event where we value the advice of those based on individual success rather than what they have to say. Consider Bill Belichick as a football player vs as a coach or whoever taught Einstein vs Einstein himself. Really makes you think

Yeah, basically this. Just because someone can lift doesn't mean they can coach, and just because someone can coach doesn't mean they'll be good at lifting. I'd rather get coached by Bill Belichick than Tom Brady

He's the guy from this blog btw

thebroscientist.com/blog/

He's an "actual scientist" and writes about a lot of things mentioning studies and all that.

Honestly, the more I lift the less I care about what studies say. Actual experience is a lot more important. None of those muh science dudes who love *debunking myths* have a respectable body, even though they do everything right in theory. I think the tools/methodology used is off, they're missing something, and I wouldn't be surprised if 20 years from now new studies will debunk virtually everything that the scientific community believes about lifting today

(you)

over the skin

I don't listen to anyone that isn't at LEAST quads club status. Like how the fuck u gunna take some twink with a 700 total seriously. At all.

Depends if that person's advice goes along with what people at the top do or say.

Taking advice is failing before you even start

lbs or kg?

oz

>appeal to authority

No, I'm not retarded.

I'll take whoever has come further in their lifting career more serious. Some fat fuck in Highschool doesn't know more than an Olympic gold medalist just because He's 150 lbs heavier.

as long as someone's advice aligns perfectly with what I already think, I will consider it.

this

that's good because I've never been inside a gym

Are you crazy, almost all fitness and athletic scientists are jacked af