Tree Planting

Anyone done it? It's 3 months of non stop exercise and the money is decent apparently

Other urls found in this thread:

hardcoretreeplanters.com/treeplanting-companies/
youtube.com/watch?v=zrEU2vTOzNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sounds like a dream job. love trees but i asume that's in cuckifornia

it's 10 hours days of bending over repeatedly in mud

I do it in aus, wear a back brave.
Its good money.

Ok, move over, kiddos. This is a question I'm actually qualified to answer.

Are you prepared to face:
Insects that want to eat you alive
Driving rains
The blistering sun
Fairly dangerous driving conditions
Bitchy foresters
Possibly venomous snakes

If so, yeah, it is decent money and you can get the job as long as you breathe, but its usually paid piece meal, so keep that in mind.

Some things to consider:

Are you planting bare root or containerized stock? Bare root is much more intensive, is harder on the back, and takes longer, but these days its really only done out west. Containerized stock is much faster, but then there are two more things to consider: the tools. You can either use whats basically a steel rod to poke a hole in the ground and bend down and insert the tree, or you can use a fence-post-digging-type tool where you stick it in the ground, pull a trigger to open up the ground, and drop a tree in the pipe so you don't have to bend down.

The latter tool is much easier and just as effective, but the dumber companies still use the steel rod type.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say youre canadian, seeing how this work is usually done by Mexicans in the US.

pic related: spruce plantation at 10 years.

tried googling, what is a back brave? some aussie slang i assume?

You will feel at home with your brainlet coworkers

yeah i'm canadian. cheers

>misspell a word as simple as brace
>i'm somehow the brainlet
lel

Yes you are a fucking brainlet because you clearly dont understand the flow of conversation

>hurr durr
fuck off retard

Hurr durr one letter off confuse me

Are you sponsored by Fosters for your FAS?

im not him but i also didnt know what you meant. thought it was about being brave as you destroyed your back or something

i'm sponsored by your mum's tight gash that i pound every night mate

I have 2 fathers. Gay sex still comes easy to prisoners i see

If you don't already have a strong back it will fuck you up

i used to do it. it's a fun experience if you're young, but don't expect to make any money the first season.

it's got an incredibly steep learning curve and the conditions are very grueling. you will only make money if you're planting 2k+ trees and that literally takes you planting non-stop with an average pace of 1 tree per three seconds for ten hours STRAIGHT.

the conditions of the camp are pretty garbage too. be prepared to be dirty for three months straight. most treeplanting companies are smaller so they dont have huge assets for bunks, good showers, etc. so you'll be living out of a tent for months a a time and it's pretty taxing on the spirit.

however, if you don't mind being a grubby bushman and probably not making any money, there are benefits. you meet some really fucking weird and interesting people because nobody in their goddamn right mind is going to travel hundreds or thousands of kilometers to work in such shit conditions for the very real chance of making no money. in fact, tons of rookies quit when they figure out how shit this job is and how the allure of the paycheck is either overstated or skewed towards hiballers who have worked many seasons and can pound 4-5 thousand trees in a day. it's all about experience really.

so to sum up

pros:
>you might meet some really cool people
>it's a job so you wont be a dumbass neet
>the girls start off at a 6-7 and end up 8-9 as they get tanned and fit.
>you'll also lose a shitton of fat yourself too cus its hard as fuck to eat enough while pounding 10 hours a day

cons:
>HARD exercise work
>no comforts of city living or even good camp living
>exposed to a variety of extreme weather
>a lot of insects. A LOT. you will be eating mosquitos and horseflies.
>probably shit money or losing money when you first get there as you learn the ropes, which can be so brutal
>its really hard on your body, especially your tendons as theyre susepctable to RSI from opening tree holes and your back from bending down constantly

i would pass, honestly. even though it was one of the best experiences i've had. it made me realize the value of having a warm bed and other things i took for granted.

>>you'll also lose a shitton of fat yourself too cus its hard as fuck to eat enough while pounding 10 hours a day

goodbye gains

Sounds like the kind of job that'll make you a man

what's the average amount of trees a rookie who has no idea what he's doing plants per day? what does it pay to plant, let's say, 1000 trees a day vs 5000?

First few weeks usually see rookies hitting 2k

Ive seen rookies hit 3K by week 3. ive heard of rookies hitting 5K in their first season.

Its not as hard as people say, I average 3000 trees a day and can do that without breaking a sweat (no im not larping, the trick to highballing is keeping a cool even pace.. you should never be panting).... this May will be my 5th year.

best advice I can give is to start slow, listen to your crew bosses and veteran planters. youll be strong as an Ox by the end of the season.
not gym strong...tire flippin, chainsawin country strong. also youll probably have a QT /out/ TP gf

What province do you plant in and what do they pay you per tree?

also the hardest part in the bugs.

heres a link to every recorded company in Canada.
hardcoretreeplanters.com/treeplanting-companies/

Im from newbrunswick, but plant in Ontario. usually around 10 cents per tree. and some companies get a remote workplace allowance on tax soooo... 3000 trees a day after camp costs take home pay is maybe 250$? not sure on that number but my paychecks for 10 days are 2000-2400$

Can you just throw a bunch of trees in the bush and say you planted them ?

How long is the season? Call me a pussy but I think mosquitoes and blackflies feasting on me all day and night would scare me off.

how in the FUCK do you plant a tree in three seconds? Are there videos of this happening?

>being this retarded

you need to be a real adult to post here kid.

how do they keep track of the trees and be sure youve planted them correctly?

It's logistically impossible to stash trees without it being super obvious. Just think about it.

You could, but youll get fired and could be prosecuted.
some companies actually turn a blind eye to these "stashers" all season, wait untill the last day and then fire them. they aren't paid for any trees they may or may not of planted and replaced with minimum wage for whatever the length of the contract was.

season starts at the beginning of May and usually ends at the beginning of july. Its possible to find work from May to september though.

every year that ive planted (2014-2017) it has snowed so be prepared for sub zero tent living, pic related was my 2nd year May 17th...IT WAS NUTS

nothing you do will create a stronger bond than a contract of treeplanting . try and find a Christian owned company though to avoid hippies

heres a guy on my crew last year.

he made 17 thousand dollars in 34 days

youtube.com/watch?v=zrEU2vTOzNo

I'm not that retarded

damn so at 10 cents per tree that guy is almost making 1k/day (if working 10 hours)
What do all the tree planets do when they arent working?

guy in the vid is crazy fast. thats like number 1 highballer, hardly anyone averages 7K a day
I havent worked since september. just comfy winter cutting, splitting, piling wood and playing vidya. Next contract starts in 2 months

by arent working i meant when they are at the camps but not planting trees

The flow of you misspelling a word on an online Belarusian woodworking forum?

lel srry. after the day is done drive back to camp. eat supper for an hour or so. make a campfire...hang out , talk about the crazy shit you saw, how many trees you got, plans for weekend... get your shit ready for the next day and pass out before 10.
it has a summer camp kind of feel

most camps are next to lakes or rivers so if youre a fishing kind of user you can into that. ladies usually like it

>trying this hard to save yourself

Link to company in aus? How much do you bring home?