How the FUCK do they expect to launch the main net by Q2 2018 if they're literally rewriting their entire software NOW?...

How the FUCK do they expect to launch the main net by Q2 2018 if they're literally rewriting their entire software NOW??

Absolutely ridiculous

Other urls found in this thread:

golang.org/pkg/
gitter.im/smartcontractkit-chainlink/Lobby
blog.cloudflare.com/go-hack-nights/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Those were my thoughts as well. I lost my confidence in Link today. Sergey can't do it. He fucked up.
I'll be selling my stack either today or tomorrow before it dumps down to nothing.

It's just copy pasting guys,

Don't worry we still are going to make it rrrright?

but now they already have some reference on how to do some things, they won't completely start over. Can't really complain since that gives me more time and I have other plans till then

They dont

this is the reason why the team doesnt hype the project and Rory refuses to give any time estimates

It will likely be completed closer to Q3-Q4 2018, at which point the price might be less than 50% its current sat value

Poor fag with only 20k link, looks like im gonna be poor for a while :(

this will be like Augur and Golem 2.0 ... project delayed forever while the Dev team doesn't give a fuck about people holding the coin

I see ya'll scrubs never done any serious work in software. They ain't rewriting from scratch here. They just PORTIN' over to Go. It's not that hard. I say ya'll just foolin' 'round. Give it a rest. LINK is already shapin' up, almost back to 2k. I rec'mend ya'll stop clownin' round and get on board soon. Time's a-waistin'.

Remember: we got a real shot here. Don't mess it up.

youll be a millionare when it hits 50 tho

They PORTIN over to Go which isn't that hard, but they haven't even been able to hire a dev to do it. Also mentioning about "challenges arising". Still not sure if i'll risk missing out, but the opportunity cost is huge atm

LINK is a complete vaporware shit coin with only 2 fucking idiots on the dev team

I do say. This gentleman seems to be speaking the truth. There is simply nothing to worry about in this state, upon this place, you are merely hearing the inane ramblings of cretins who wish to acquire the legal tender of 'Link' at a discounted fee

Holy fuck, this fud is as intense as it is stupid.

Something has these people rattled to the core.

>PORTIN over to Go
>Less developers write Go
>Less library support ( golang.org/pkg/ )
>Less support for secure protocols (TLS)

At this late stage in the game why except
>buy more time to form an exit strategy
>Implement json parser in go will make the github graphs go UP

holy shit please sell what little link you have before you get CONfidio'd

I just dropped my link. This project lacks transparency and without transparency, they are not worth 50-60 million. I’ll reassess daily, but for now I’m out of link. It shows a fundamental disrespect to the community that they do not update the people who gave them 32 million. The community has been far too patient. We don’t expect fake hype, but the fact they causually drop shit like they haven’t even hired a programmer who can rework their ruby into GO in a slack post is bush league bullshit. There is no way they’ll have a production mainnet before Q2 or Q3. I’d recommend waiting and watching for news. If there is none, expect this to flirt with 10 cents.

why is it stupid?

I believe in the project but don't know anything about programming

there won't be an exit scam. just look at the team. however it could be buying more time to land some other partnerships if SWIFT isn't happening. only speculation here, but this scenario would be very challenging. the use cases for this project are wide, but given the hype around the possible SWIFT partnership it might be hard to recover.

What is FUD? They are clearly further behind than most people thought. Most people in this thread say they believe in the project but that it’s disappointing them and they are exiting for now? The fear uncertainty and doubt is fucking warranted when they are so terrible at communicating and we can expect it to either stay at this price or to drop in the near future.

It's an abstract kind of hodl.

you got memed fren

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>This project lacks transparency and without transparency, they are not worth 50-60 million
They're about as transparent as any major company.
When was the last time google, Apple, Microsoft, ... delivered daily updates on their flagship projects?
Moron.

>They are clearly further behind than most people thought.
You're a retard.
They just did their ICO two months ago, what did you think they needed that funding for, if not for massive future development?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They're developing, shit like porting into a different language is extremely normal.

They said it was mostly done. Not "we need to rewrite the whole thing in a meme language". Why can't they just rewrite the slow parts in go? Why even use go at all there's about 1000000 devs who know C and c++, what's the point if using this language that few people know?

Is it likely to take a long time? How big a job is this? I have no context for this announcement but it doesn't sound good

>They said it was mostly done.
1) they pretty much are mostly done if they're releasing the full network early next year
2) post source pls

It's not an announcement.
It's Rory repeating the fact that they're looking to hire more people.

>What is fud?
Lurk moar cunt

No one expects daily updates. They expect one monthly or weekly DETAILED, CONCRETE PLAN OF ACTION. I don’t give a shit that they’re behind where I thought they were. I give a shit that if I didn’t follow their slack I wouldn’t be able to know what they’re working on. All of their updates are in disjointed Rory whispering to hyperactive neets. Just do a biweekly or monthly update saying this is what we’re going to do. Post it to slack, twitter, make a Reddit page and post it there. It would take thirty minutes and would be time much better spent than Rory babysitting the slack. It’s a lot more professional and would make people outside biz feel comfortable investing.

Maybe I had unrealistic expectations. Most people did, hence the push to .50 leading up to SIBOS. We expected massive future development, but the way this is all being communicated makes me uncomfortable. I’ll likely buy back in after holding eth and trading. I’m not trying to FUD link. I just think it’s not meeting short term expectations.

Several major twitter outages have been due to lack of scalability of Ruby.

The fact that you mention C as a language that can be used as the language for a large scale project like what LINK wants to do either means you don't know jackshit about software development or are a first year CS student.

I meant what is unreasonable FUD in this thread. If you read the full post you would have seen me explain dipshit.

Get baited fagit

>They expect one monthly or weekly DETAILED, CONCRETE PLAN OF ACTION.
When's the last time Google, Microsoft, Apple, Swift, ... gave monthly or weekly detailed, concrete plans of action?

We know exactly what they're working on right now: the network.
The first (testnet) version of which was finished before the presale, and used in the Swift PoC at Sibos.

>I meant what is unreasonable FUD in this thread.
For starters the notion that this somehow means they're "behind" on anything.
Post specific arguments proving they're behind.

It’s 2017. Don’t use that word.

>just look at the team.
>3 people and a bot

Are you retarded? Every operating system on the planet is written in C. Linux, Windows, all the drivers that interact with your hardware.

Wow guess those must not be scalable or fast! Guess every language isn't compared to C because C is the closest to the metal language there is, aka fastest besides hand-tuned assembly. Guess they aren't trying to use Intel SGX and they need to INTERFACE WITH SGX HARDWARE.

C runs the internet you fucking amateur. It's everywhere for a reason. Go is a meme language developed by Google so they could get amateur developers to write simple webapps faster and "microservices". It was never meant to be used to develop secure enclave software you fucking retard.

I want to know what that fat fuck Sergei had for breakfast or else I'm dumping this scam!

Better be quick! it is going to be under 9cents by tomorrow.

Link is not a publicly traded, multi billion dollar corporation in the US. It is registered in the Caiman islands. Also, do you think initial investors in those companies didn’t ride their ass in the early days? A lot of people, myself included didn’t see the Ruby Go rework happening. There is no timeline from the team, so congrats, you got me. I can’t prove their behind since they could just take all your money and run and never be behind schedule since they do not have a CONCRETE, DETAILED PLAN. So in the short term, I understand people reducing or dropping their bags.

And xrp

Take a man to admit his mistake, good on you user.

As for the timing thing; they just did their ICO two months ago, and they were occupied with Sibos until like a month ago, so it was always obvious there would still be work to be done.

You would've known that if you actually knew what you were trying to talk about.

I don’t really look on it as too big a mistake. I swung trade my stack and wasn’t all in so I didn’t lose money. It’s just aggravating how cultish every link holder is.

> hey u, fatso, cmere
> yes swift-san
> i wanna u to rewrite ur shit in google language
> but swift-san, we're almost done. if i press this button, we gonna release our mainnet oracle network and sail off to a new crypto epoch
> shuddup fatso, im not done accumulatin. now finish ur sammich and dont even think about being done till i say so
> yes, swift-san

The mistake was trying to imply Chainlink was somehow behind on anything.

Can someone just give a concise answer. Is their code a joke ? Is this Go language a meme ?

Swapping codes is commonplace, especially during development.
It's like an F1 driver trying out different setups during training.

Go language is an improvement upon C, providing brevity and better security.

why go lang tho

i read that the DAO accident was caused (in part) by ambiguities in golang definitions

The latest "update" is so poorly construed that it is difficult to even understand. Anyone who's on Slack has any information on the subjects communicated on this "update"? What the fuck is going on? "Talking about individuals not uncommon, but you want them experienced. May be great so you may need for a short time or permanently." He's just blabbing around and the post is full of typos. Just comes thru as unprofessional. Is he in a constant hurry or why is this?

Sounds like they're only just now starting work on the final product.

They made a prototype in ruby for sibos, and now they are making the actual working product using go.

Go is not a meme language but it is a new language with little support, so sounds like they're having trouble finding qualified people

Other people can weigh in if this is a fair assessment

Yes here's why. You aren't a programmer right? But you've heard of java and maybe c++ right?

That's because they have been stable and in development for decades. All the edge cases are known. There's large pool of experienced developers.

Go on the other hand is a new language that has only been around for a few years. It's still changing rapidly, there's more edge cases that can go wrong, and there's far fewer developers available.

Now ask yourself, it you were trying to sell software to a Bank, one if the slowest moving and risk-adverse companies, and you told them your code is written in Go, a language they have never heard of, they don't use, and have no experience with in either sysadmin maintenance or development, why would you choose go over java or c++. Every bank has tons of software and experience in these two languages.

It's a bad choice imo.

>2 stuttering potheads

It ain't a meme for nothing

Not really, it has a different use case. C is faster than go. Go is just "easier" to develop with. But go also has a runtime which makes it unsuitable for bare metal programming.

Modern C techniques, especially on a project from scratch, can be highly secure, especially with the great toolchains such as clang available right now.

Calm down faggot, this was just a post by Rory in the slack, he was responding to someone.

The fuck is wrong with you?

>Sounds like they're only just now starting work on the final product.
No it doesn't.

Nice fud attempt.
The banks won't give a flying fuck what it's coded in; they'll have nothing at all to do with the backend.

And if Go is fit for purpose then that's all that matters.

Fuuuuuuck. This Is the first time im doubting this project

Your lack of software design knowledge is showing again, retard. I didn't say C was fucking useless. Every CS student has written an operating system in C and knows its uses for embedded systems. C ISN'T USED FOR WEB ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS LIKE WHAT LINK WANTS TO BE. C doesn't run the internet you dipshit, name a modern non-hardware company that writes primarily in C.

>Guess they aren't trying to use Intel SGX and they need to INTERFACE WITH SGX HARDWARE.
Stop talking about things you don't know about, retard. They're using Town Crier which utilizes the Intel SGX hardware. To spell it out for your dumbass, Town Crier interacts with the hardware for you so your applications don't have to.

pffffhahahaha

I just don't understand what is it that he wants to say in his message. It's so poorly construed. Comes thru unprofessional. I'd like to know if he has said anything about any of that in some more understandable manner?

If it's fast, cheap, secure, and stable, why the fuck would the banks care what language was used? The bank devs aren't going to be tinkering with the code. All they need to know is how to write a Smart Contract.

The banks are not BUYING any software from LINK. They are customers.

>I just don't understand what is it that he wants to say in his message.
It's not that hard.
He's just repeating what was already said a few weeks ago because people kept asking.

that just looks like he's asking to get fucked, not that he is fucked

anyone with CS experience should join this chat room and ask Steve Ellis questions directly, to better gauge where things are at

Just sell and buy back more cheaper. This news isn’t priced in yet.

Why do the banks care about the prog. language?
They won't be touching or maintaining a single line of code.
The only thing that the banking IT staff needs to know is Solidity which is used for the smart contracts on the Ethereum network.

Do you mind explaining what it is then, user? I'd appreciate it

They're still hiring and they're in the process of moving from Ruby to Go.

What don't you understand?
Post the message you're talking about.

What do you think Sergey is doing with our money right now?

>invest in vaporware
>be surprised it takes a while to create

Big Macs and big booty prostitutes while Rory sits in the corner fapping his pencil dick. Steve is wondering where they are while he frantically tries to learn GO.

You're a faggot. It's obvious you haven't worked at a site handling 100k+ requests per second.

Everything is C++ on the backend at Facebook and Google.

Cloudflare uses C to handle all the web traffic that goes through it. They scrape and parse the web in C because they aren't faggots and want to go fast.

You have no idea what you're talking about. If you want to build the most efficient implimentation you use C. If you want to be a hipster faggot, you can use Go and hire one of the 10 people outside Google who actually use it in production. Also good luck finding blockchain devs who are good at fucking go lol. Most blockchain work is c++.

Can you use go for this? Sure. Should you? No.

linkies never fail to make me laugh

im a dev, should I apply to help them?

join this and ask for a job, seriously.

Facebook is written in PHP and Google is mostly Java though.

Thank you! What a bizarre way from him to be saying that tho. Alarming that they haven't hired yet

Reason I say they're just starting work on the final project is because I suspect what they did in ruby was for the demo at sibos. Now that they have funding they're writing the production ready code in Go.

What that would imply is we have AT LEAST a year to go before we see the main net, since work on the FINAL product is only noe happening

Blows my mind that people think Chainlink lacks transparency, while Steve is discussing the technicals of the project with the community pretty much 24/7.

>Alarming that they haven't hired yet
Who says they haven't?
All he says is they're still hiring.

>Reason I say they're just starting work on the final project is because I suspect what they did in ruby was for the demo at sibos.
They finished Chainlink v1.0 before the presale.

Fuck off to lefty pol fagg! Its 2017 like that means anything.

they want the skateboards

they want the stickers

they think these are things they deserve in return for their money.

>Can you use go for this? Sure.

/thread

The way they communicate is too confusing. I'm out for now. Thanks user!

You're obviously a retard when you point out C++ uses when we were talking C. They are completely different things and anyone who assumes the two are the same doesn't know jackshit about software.
Cloudflare uses C for certain use cases. It's funny how you shit on Go but even the only example you gave of C usage, Cloudflare, uses Go as well:
blog.cloudflare.com/go-hack-nights/

Tell me why Chainlink needs to interface with hardware. Again, you can point out a million embedded software uses but you can't point out a major web company that primarily uses C (not fucking C++ you fucking pleb they're used completely differently these days).

>when
*if
Ahhaha stay Poor

I'm debating whether it's a good thing to try and dispel this specific "hurdur no transparency" fud.
Maybe it's somehow for the best that these fuckwads believe it.

It was a casual reply in the slack. It was never meant to be Hemingway.

This is a pretty meaningless comment considering they could use literally any meme language on the planet. It does not mean every language is equally suited to the task at hand.

In 2007. Now they deploy massive 5GB compiled blobs of c++ with "php" glued on the to the front barely.

They basically gutted php and it's nothing like regular php. Just because the URL ends in .php means nothing about the immense computing blob under the hood.

I interned at Google, a good portion of the code base is written in Java

you're a fucking idiot

Take your programming language discussion to /g/.
It's as useless and dumb as "AK vs AR" discussions on /k/.

>kek

No one ever said LINK was short term...

Yeah, but has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Uhhhhh cloudflare? I just gave you an example. Last I heard they run a lot of web traffic through their C code.

I said use c++, c or java, pick one. I know they are different you retard.

Do you think the ChainLink is a webapp or something? You seem to think they are rewriting their webapp code in go. They aren't writing a webapp you idiot, they are building server software. C++, C, and Java's bread and butter.

They aren't writing a webapp, they are writing the webserver the webapps run on top of. Look at any major webserver, Apache, Nginx, tomcat, IIS. All C, C++, and a little java.

Please get educated, write some high performance code, and come back when you understand the difference between a webapp and a webserver.

I liked what I read about go

Also, easier coding wouldnt help the node operators? Making it more mainstream?

It's just compiled into C++ using HHVM. The source is written in their own PHP based language.