How do stop being so shy and quiet???!! REEEEEEEE lifting cannot kill this social anxiety no matter how hard i try

How do stop being so shy and quiet???!! REEEEEEEE lifting cannot kill this social anxiety no matter how hard i try....
>tfw i turn into silent angry face scary looking guy when i have an interest in a qt
I wish i could take phenibut everyday without consequences.. its the only thing that makes me feel "normal"... where my social anxiety brahs at?

just b urself

just p urself

small steps user, keep putting yourself in social situations, eventually you will learn, little by little, you just gotta keep doing it

t. ISTP

pop a molly stop sweating

this

I'm in a similar situation but instead of being scared to talk I just have nothing to say. I'm starting to think I'm braindead since most of the time I'm thinking of literally nothing

First, have you been bullied or excluded for significant periods of time when you were younger?

If so, read The Body Keeps the Score and do some online reading about that Social Defeat hypothesis. Studies show that many people who endure shit like that not only have signs of trauma, they also have slightly modified dopaminergic pathways that change the way your body reacts when it receives social cues. To normal people, they release dopamine. To others, they will trigger a reaction of stress and panic. This is probably the biological origin of social anxieties and phobias in most people. Healing is possible but the literature is limited, so you'll have to do your own research and come up with your own methodology.

Second, have you checked your testosterone levels recently?

Some new studies have linked testosterone with a decrease of the symptoms of social anxiety. If you have low T, even if it's within a healthy range, you can see research methods to increase it, and if they don't work, get it somewhere else.

Third, do you actually try hard to be more sociable?

I feel like we can't underestimate the adaptive machines we are. The same way forcing your body to repeat some movements with increased tension will lead it to adapt by becoming stronger, I honestly believe that going out of your comfort zone and just trying to socialize and talk regularly, even if it will be painfully cringey and awkward at first, will gradually build up your psychology to deal with those situations. You were not strong when you first entered a gym, but you didn't stop going because of that.

Another thing: learn to deal with all sorts of stress and fear. Conditioning your mind to remain strong and in control when your body and subconscious are panicking is something you have to build up everywhere. If there's anything else other than people that make you jumpy and shaky, expose yourself to that as well.

Listen to many different podcasts. You'll pick up the structure and flow of a conversation subconsciously, how to come up with subjects, how to tell a story, etc.

I'm speaking from experience, I was the quiet guy too.

I was like this through all of high school but I got a retail job and practiced talking to strangers. Also I went on Omegle and tried my best to ask questions and get to know people.

I do that already and it definitely helps when I'm with friends or family but not with strangers or people I know little about

The only way to get over this is to have a goal, like how you want or need people to percieve you in a particular situation and project that image. It's not sustainable all the time and it's basically LARPing but it works

Exposure therapy is bullshit im still nervous entering/walking around the gym EVERY SINGLE TIME .... fuck man this shit fucking sucks.. its the reason i cant get a gf .

Molly MAKES you sweat DUMMY!!

Thank you for your post, this kind of post is the reason i stay at Veeky Forums
What do you think about further trauma? shy people force it and fake it but when they're rejected or 'slightly bullied' socially then doesn't it will into greater amount of trauma?
I know if the social interaction result is positive then it can potentially cure shyness but if the result is negative couldn't it potentially worsen shyness?
Is there anyway to tackle this, maybe taking some drugs while doing it?

la creatura....

This so fucking much man, this is the reason average normie can get gf so easily
If we want to find gf we need to find a way to cure our modified dopaminergic pathway
Any user can point to the right direction?

Do you actually lift?
Lifting made me louder, bolder and kinda punchy
I still dont know if its a good thing but if you lift you're not afraid to talk, because your mussels already have.

go to strip clubs, rub some tits and ass

Reading Dostoevsky helped me. Why? Because his life fucking sucked and he knows real pain and insanity, and regardless he still did great things and shown that is mutated life gave him beautiful exalted insights into humanity. I am still a really anxious person, but hey do you know what Kierkegaard said, 'anxiety is the dizziness of freedom'. You are at a precipice of action and realize all possibilities and it's frigthening, but knowing there's a light at the end of the tunnel lets me take a fucking breath and look up, as opposed to clenching up and staring at the ground. Tolstoy was at the height of his popularity and the world declared God was dead and it made him want to blow his brains out. He wrote about it in 'A Confession' and at the end gives the description of dreams of being over an abyss with only loose ropes suspending him. If he moved to look down and to the sides the ropes would break way and he would lose balance and slip further. He realizes he has to look up, and one strand below his back will suspend him perfectly as long as he looks up and ahead.

KEEP THAT CHIN UP, DOOD

Shy and below average social skills here too. You can try to keep your face at a very slight smile. It'll make you friendlier looking, and from experience, I think it makes me feel friendlier too.