/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

glute isolation edition

ITT: discussion on how to get better at bench press, squat and deadlift.

the following are allowed and encouraged:

routines
form checks
accessory discussion
appropriate memes
feels

the following are expressly forbidden and discouraged:

shit form
that one pudgy loser
5/3/1 meme shit
sumo deadlifts

let's get things started with a classic:

WAWTT?
WAWET?
WAWLTT?
WAWFT?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BepfidjFXVm/
youtube.com/watch?v=nKq8Ki_Bpn8
discord.gg/qwnp9P
discord.gg/CrCSMB
youtube.com/watch?v=FkSZHjb3PWI&t=38m20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That guy from previous thread will get to snap city with that deadlift form for sure.

night!

I need to sleep but I'm catching up on tomboy hentai.

thanks for reminding me

>you 2
Tru dat

youre lucky you didnt see my form before and I didnt snap shit back than

>WAWTT
Deadlifts
SLDL
DB walking lunges
Barbel rows or Tranny rows
BB shrugs
Incline DB BP
Laying Tricep Extensions
Barbel Curls
DB upright rows
Hanging leg raises

>WAWET
Oats soaked in milk, Fried Eggs, Chicken breast, Pancakes, Roast beef,White rice, Assorted nuts, a generic salad or two and a couple of glasses of chocolate milk.

>WAWFT
A desire to grow larger and stronger

better show me this british superior to polish intellect and fix my dl

tfw sumo and considering going back to 531

No pro.

>sumo
how much do you weight to be sumo?

SAUCE

Quit powerlifting

Solved. I have squared your circle. Cut the gordian knot. Decrypted the enigma. So to speak. All things done without polish help ;)

How come you don't post any videos of you benching on your instagram?

Have you tried pulling like Brian Shaw or strongmen in general? wide stance, non-vertical arms. It is inefficient pull in paper but works for them, and for me at 6'5.

Have you tried sumo? I haven't but I'm going to day after tomorrow.

Great looking squat though.

just getting the last piece of my homegym set up today
Need some routine advice.
>Started doing SS for ~ 6 months
>Switched to a PPL 2x per week split ~2 months
>currently at 440/300/485 (estimated) 1rms
i was doing the PPL split for some bodybuilding. Now I want to go back into a strength focused routine. Also I will only have access to squat rack, barbell, bench, platform.
While running SS I was still able to progress doing HL alternating (the advanced novice)
TM seems like the logical next step (would split into 4 days) but i figure with a home gym i could split it up even more? Possibly so I could deadlift fresh instead of after squats
Any thoughts?

Stop being a faggot. Veeky Forums has a built-in search system that takes 2 seconds. A good tomboy manga is at least worth that much trouble.

instagram.com/p/BepfidjFXVm/

nope, but im still trying to widen my stance look at this

norma ppl stance (this photo)

Hinge around your hips and not around your belt/where your belt would be

also how is my form on these?
>youtube.com/watch?v=nKq8Ki_Bpn8

wider stance (i jump from this position)

and last strongman stance

I think I fucked up today with not enough knee foward and than I lost tension beacuse paused dls are so fuckinn hard

>It is inefficient pull in paper but works for them
You got it backwards.
It's inefficient, but they literally cannot do an efficient lift due to their build. They brute force their way to the top and outlift their disadvantage.

That's why there's barely 25% diffrence between the 200lbs record holder guys and the 450lbs record holder guys

Don't do strongman stance

None of you are brian shaw shaped.

I can get the gut at least if I work really hard at it!

>t's inefficient, but they literally cannot do an efficient lift due to their build.

My life, brehs. I really wish I had a strong deadlift, but I can't get in a good position. SHW life.

tfw problematic, would need to eat ~7k cals a day

man your femur length. Sorry about that.

For me the difference between textbook conventional and Shaw/Thor's style deadlift is insane, a difference of RPE8.5 deadlift and RPE7 when I watch my log.

and my back got into a much better position with wider stance, it stays neutral through the entire lift now which I really like.

it's nothing special

you mean super short? I know that, this is why squat

I dont care about great dl number, I want just to figure out proper form for MY BUILD, also that femur lenght also is good for benching after I learned how to bench, with my arch my arm movement is like 5ft tall girl

Oh and going to try sumo, I'm terrified I'm going to accidentally kill my toes lmaos

Best lifting related doujins?

Not terrible. Quit moving your head around.

PLG Discord

discord.gg/qwnp9P

DESU you might benefit a fair bit from switching to sumo and just doing RDLs or SLDLs and rows/cheat rows for posterior chain/back purposes.
No reason to be autistically focused on a lift that doesn't suit you that much if there are other options.

Nobody said you have to go toes to plate

>not terrible
what else do i change to make it perfect?

Well the head thing. You're leaking thoracic stability when you do that. I don't think you should/need to flare your neck but I kind of do and it works. At the very least hold everything from your sacrum to your skull in one fixed position.

alright. what do you mean exactly by flare my neck?
Ive found that looking down allows me to get my torso down and keep the bar over midfoot. I see a lot of people look straight forward but they are also high bar squatting, is looking down compromising my stability if I kept the same head position throughout the lift?

as a fellow tallfag I found dumbbell rdls to be amazing for posterior chain

kind of fancy them over barbell rdls

>TM

if you want to be a squat hero, yes. if you want to be good at other stuff as well, no.

i would need somebody to teach me how to sumo. I think I will stick longer to conv, I just want to get good form for my build

Like I said, it works for me. As long as you keep your spine fixed and rigid do what you want with your head, though I would personally not crank my head forward.

well what are some good alternatives?

alright i will focus on the head movement. Its something I never really noticed because I set up with my head the same way then move it once i start slowing down a little on the way back up.

Bridge is what to do

redbill me on le bridge

the Bridge if you're good at using rpe as an excuse to put 5-10 more pounds on the bar, the cowboy method outlined in a thoughtful pursuit of strength, a four to six month long hypertrophy block, basic linear periodization, Nuckols' programs, depends on what you want to focus on.

Lift weights based on your feelings.
Did your dog poop inside the house because you're still training him? Better take some weight off the bar.
You accidentaly broke your favourite cup? Better take some weight off the bar.

Can't wait to fall asleep tonight, lads.

Official PLG discord link

discord.gg/CrCSMB

the bridge doesnt sound like its for me. Ive been lifting for 9 months and have no clue how to accurately judge RPE. The extent of my programming has been adding a light day in the mix between heavy days.
I just did a 2 or 3 month long hypertrophy block so not looking for more of that.
I just want to increase my overall strength with something geared towards lifters a little bit past the novice stage. A lot of the programs I read seem to be too much when i can still add 5 lbs. to the bar every other workout.
Should I just make my own routine that alternates HLHLHL?

You could do something like

Monday: Heavy Squatting, lower body accessories
Wednesday: Heavy Benching, upper body accessories
Friday: Heavy DL, volume squatting, lower body accessories, back accessories
Sun: Volume benching or a lighter bench variant (eg CGBP, Incline BP), pressing specific upper body accessories
And take a linear periodization based approach

red nigger

>WAWTT
5x10 back squats @ 140kg

why would someone use a safety bar to squat?

i'm not antagonizing, i sincerely do not know.

It was originally made for people with fucked up shoulders/general upper body injuries
The idea was that using a ssb you could keep your lower body strength up while your upper body recovers from a given injury.
It also forces you to stay more upright much and provides slightly different training stimulus from a high bar squat/a front squat

you see the safety bar mimics the movement of a front squat which builds a stronger core and upper back

powerlifters are so unathletic that they cant get into a front rack position so they use a safety squat bar

This is correct

This is projection

quick back to the cool board everyone

who is the powerlifter with glasses i see occasionally on here?

Just got all my stuff in. Gonna be a fun Friday night

This rack height wtf

youtube.com/watch?v=FkSZHjb3PWI&t=38m20s

Wow.. just finished disposing some rather significant of Norman khan

was quite smelly too ,
the beer I was drinking made me take the Norman khan I think

that's a first, probably not gonna drink this "dab" maibock again ... only got it cause of the dab meme

didnt give a live play by ply of this disposal, I know.. dont call me lazy.. i hate that shit

red nigger alcoholic injun

post lifts with proof or fuck off and kys you little faggot mongrel shit.

I want to die :3

Is 531 for soyboys?

tfw no goth titcow to milk

it's a low volume, shit intensity "routine" that's peddled by a total fraud who ultimately ripped off a high school routine and made it even shittier for the sake of his little faggot ass "joker set" meme.

You mean me?

U fookin mirin?

>only 4pl8 worth of weight
nope

cut me some slack i just graduated from youfit (planet fitness tier gym)

Heard you are coming to Denmark soon, friendo?

Redpill me on pump training

meme shit perpetuated by a known roid chimp.

... screamed the stable boy

nah. stop projecting, bitch tits.

Project this, cocksucker.

non-testing league btw

pic related, it's me. you know it's true since i posted a picture of it.

0/10 btw. kys shit bag.

>faggot takes a picture of a plastic participation medal
>acts like he's hot shit

embarrassing

Next month. Just a weekend. Be there.

Where's your medal, baby?

how do i become the opposite of you? i wanna be fucking jacked, have arms to speak of, have muscular yet slender legs and ass that is humanely proportioned and i dont give a shit about strength
how would one go about training for that?

>he's actually proud of his toy prop

Post one trophy. Certificate. Medal. Literally any kind of award for strength athletics...

Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Roid

you first, faggot. plastic participation props you probably stole don't count btw.

No seriously post one. I have a whole case. i got a box full from my last move that I don't even have space for. Should probably start a charity where I give them to cunts like you who don't even compete because when you go out in public people throw rotten vegetables at you.

nice role play, dough boy. keep dancing for your superior though, i'm liking how easy you are to laugh at, idiot.

i accept your admission of defeat.

Post body

BTFO