So has anyone managed to fix butt wink or is it just a meme? Can you even fix it...

So has anyone managed to fix butt wink or is it just a meme? Can you even fix it? If I do a body weight squat in front of my mirror I notice that my butt starts to wink before I even hit parallel. Should I keep squatting at the gym? I don't want to fuck my shit up senpai.

i wear a butt plug for my squats and buttwink has disappeared.

Adjust torso angle to be more horizontal, widen stance, push knees out, heeled shoes, have helped me.
Its still there albeit not as severe, i find as long as i dont drop down super fast and bottom out my lower back is fine

buy a squat plug you fucking newfag dyel

Stretch your hamstrings.

i still don't understand what butt wink means

Go to a mirror, bend over and look at your own butthole.

Start grunting loudly and watch it wink.

Squat plug is the fix.

wow thansk bro

Just actively focus on keeping your lumbar extended. It should be pretty hard, but doable.

these

Is your stance too narrow and your toes too straight forward? Not having a wide enough stance, with toes out, and with knees out with your toes, is going to give your torso no room to descend, because your thighs will be in the way. Which means for your hips to continue to descend, you lower back will have to flex.

So, heels shoulder width, toes out, knees out. See if that doesn't help.

Retard dyel advice, your hamstrings aren't at all stretched at the bottom of a squat.
OP, look up quadruped pushback and do it next to a mirror or film yourself. It'll teach you how use hip flexion instead of lumbar flexion and improve hip flexion if you're lacking.
Also bracing correctly, not hyperextending at the start of the lift and opening up the hips more will all help.

Not who you are responding too, but I squat lmao4pl8 and definitely feel tension in my hamstrings doing lowbar

>your hamstrings aren't at all stretched at the bottom of a squat
Retarded dyel knowledge of lifting. Probably quarter reps.
The main reason butt wink happens for a lot of people is that the hamstring pulls back due to being unable to extend properly and takes the ass with it.

Tension isn't stretch you nitwits. The hamstrings pass both the hip and knee joint. In a squat, the more one end is lengthened (hip flexion), the more the other is shortened (knee flexion).

When you lower into the squat, the hamstring contract eccentrically, so yes, they "stretch".

>your hamstrings aren't at all stretched at the bottom of a squat.

wew you're stupid

Hamstrings compete other muscles for control of your hips, if your core is weak, the hamstrings win and your ass winks.

Please refute And no, "lol u stupid" isn't a rebuttal.

This is correct.

>One refutal
>One namecall
>Please refute without namecalling
lol u stupid

Where do you see the biarticulate nature of the hamstring being refuted?
I'll make this simple and convey it as something you're more familiar with:
If you do a dumbell curl and your shoulder rolls forward as you bend your elbow, would stretching the bicep help?
This is literally the same situation as the hamstring position in a squat.
If you answered "yes" I honestly suggest you spend your afternoon googling some basic anatomy, it'll help you in your lifting.

>Contract a muscle eccentrically
>Falls short of the expected length so it pulls on one end
>Obviously it being able to stretch longer wouldn't help at all!
I suggest you go read a book on basic fucking physics jesus.

i just lean so far forward my knees snap

Heeled squatting shoes help.
That being said, some degree of butt wink is natural and harmless.

Been trying to learn how to squat properly for about 2 months.
Squat is my least trained lift because of it.
Sometimes I feel like just doing leg press instead because I can't stop my buttwink no matter how I stretch or change my form

>my butt starts to wink before I even hit parallel
this is what squat plugs are for desu

If it's not causing you pain to squat then just go for it

Your semitendinosus originates on your ishial tuberosity, the hamstrings are a 2 joint muscle meaning that manipulating either of those 2 joints (hip and knee for the hamstrings) effects the muscle. In a deep squat you are in a lot of hip flexion therefore lengthening the proximal part of your hamstring.

even oly lifters do it at the bottom of a clean or snatch, but if you don't at least try to avoid it its scap city for you

Ok guys, I think this is the right place to ask.
Everytime I squat, I can see how my right glute is lower than my left glute. Is it due to shit posture? Because I try to fix it and be parallel and have both of my legs in symetric position, etc.
I fucked my right heel when I was 17 and it has never been quite the same, could that be it?

>heeled shoes
So close.. Nice try cheater

could be lack of ankle mobility due to the injury? tight achilles maybe?

have someone watch your or film yourself during the squat and see if one ankle has better mobility than the other.

Mine does the same but I feel like its due to a tighter hamstring or hip flexor on my left side. both are tighter so it's probably just an overall lack of mobility.

Anyone know why my hip is feeling weird after squatting? It feels sore and jammed, usually occurs during the way back up from the squat.
This has made me stop squatting, I miss it.

Oh, and it's only the right side of my hip.

Question semi related to the buttwink: When squatting, should you:
>Push your hips forward, like when you flex your ass
And/Or
>Flex your lower back, sort of like bringing your chest up

Speaking mainly on behalf of low bar.

BOTH

2 possibilities.

1. Your back is actually returning to neutral and you start hyperextended. Relearn how to squat.
2. Your hip morphology causes impingement and you need to widen your stance, probably significantly.

It a homosexual meme to be precise, every single user who post about it it dreaming of your butthole while masturbating.

Letting the lumbar spine round at the bottom of the squat. It usually happens because you’re taking too narrow a stance, which causes your thighs to block your torso as you descend. The rest of the time it’s caused by people intent on going ‘ass to grass’ having to relax and lose tightness in their back to go deeper.

Correct stance + knees out fixes it in 99% of cases because it’s a symptom of poor technique rather than a technique fault in its own right.

Thx