Are eggs healthy for you? Do the pros outweight the cons...

Are eggs healthy for you? Do the pros outweight the cons? Can I eat three a day at breakfast for the rest of my life and not die from cholestrol buildup?

Basically just wondering if eggs are a viable source of protein or whether they are really as bad as I was led to believe in school.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C6SVB99mJHA
pcrm.org/nbBlog/studies-link-eggs-to-stroke-diabetes-heart-disease-cancer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>dietary cholesterol leads to high blood cholesterol

wow it's like I'm really in the '80s here

yo, that's what I am trying to clarify. My highschool was most definitely stuck in the 1970s or 1980s.

Just don't go Hulk Hogan mode and eat like 40 and you'll be fine. Eggs and oatcakes with some bacon is my Weekend morning, rest of the time it's just oats but eating eggs for breakfast is fine.

eggs are one of the best foods there are, you could eat like six a day if you wanted

Yes, one of the healthiest foods for you

Don't trust boomers to tell you the truth about health and nutrition

>you could eat like six a day if you wanted

Fuck me, seriously? Yeahhh, I am totally doing that now, haha.

Usually I eat something along these lines;

Breakfast:
One cup of steamed broccoli.
Snack one) banana
Snack two) three eggs (scrambled)
Snack three) Grilled chicked (no real idea how to measure how much of this I am eating)
Lunch) Brown rice and three cans of tuna
Or
Lunch) Pasta and pesto
Dinner) Whatever my family is having as a family meal.

I am aware that I am not getting enough protein or enough calories but I just don't know where I am going wrong. Not particularly into the idea of protein shakes as I am lactose intollerant.

youtu.be/C6SVB99mJHA

Don't listen to Veeky Forums for things related to your health. Eggs can literally not be labeled healthy, nutritious, etc in America. They are not healthy.

Cut out the banana and replace with blueberries (appetite suppressant, loaded with nutrients and zero carbs), pasta and go easy on the brown rice. Replace with more meat/fish/cheese/veggies. Go hard on the bacon and eggs too

Blueberries are fairly expensive in Australia, sadly. Would frozen ones suffice? Sorry if that is the most retarded question you have ever heard, haha.

Why do I need to cut down on the rice and pasta? I thought they were great sources of carbs?

Would ground beef be a good alternative to the pasta?

I am still most certainly a novice at 178cm/5'10, 82kg/180lbs but am trying my hardest to gain weight/size.

Lifts are;
Overhead press: 45kg
Benchpress: 65kg
Squat: 70kg
Deadlift: 100kg

Started out barely able to lift the bar onto the rack, haha

>Based on a thorough review of the existing research, the overall evidence for the effect of eggs on blood cholesterol has been deemed inconsistent. While the evidence is not clear enough to say there is no association between dietary cholesterol and heart disease, it is also not strong enough to continue previous recommendations which limited egg intake to three per week.

>healthy
Very vague term. Water is unhealthy in certain quantities.

read the fucking sticky, it tells you how to bulk

Blueberries have carbs you retard

Please don't take this the wrong way, but 82kg at 178cm is pretty heavy for your weight. I suspect you're pretty skinnyfat, might want to consider cutting down a little first.

Regardless, good luck and keep it up

user what the fuck are you talking about 0 carbs, there are 10 grams of sugar in 100 grams of blueberries. I do agree to cut the banana and that blueberries are superior but that's more for the antioxidants and nutrients, plus bananas for potassium is a shitty meme, you'd need 10-12 a day to hit RDA for Potassium.

other than the fact the US has removed dietary recommended cholesterol because cholesterol you eat does not translate into blood cholesterol in any significant way. Trans fats are more of a problem for this.

I just watched this video and it completely contradicts what's you just wrote. Legitimate retard.

eggs are the perfect food.

That looks like a delicious meal. Like something a real person eats and then has a fulfilling, productive day to look forward to.

Oh, I am most certainly skinnyfat, haha. I just worry that if I begin to cut as a complete novice that the weightloss will detract from potential muscle gains. Am I wrong in thinking this?

I'm only 22 now but until I was 20 or so, I was absolutely obsessed with cycling, and being as light as possible. I worry that if I start a cut before I have gained sufficent muscle, that I will fall back into the destructive mindset of seeing myself as overweight, even when weighing as little as 60kg/132lbs.

you will not gain strength while cutting (unless you're lucky with newbie gains) and you may even lose strength if you fuck up your cut.
however, allowing yourself to get very fat will really bite you. you'll have to lose all that weight at some point and it would suck.

How low would you reccomend that I cut to then? I have started copping a few fat jokes from mates but I think that is only because I no longer look like rag and bones. I mean, not that being fat is any better just that they're certainly not being spiteful.

>60kg
h-how tall are you user?

I don't know man, I'm honestly not an expert in this.
All I can say is that I'm 82kg, 176cm (so just slightly shorter), but I am stronger (65kg OHP, 100kg Bench, 125kg Squat, 160kg Deadlift) and I'm definitely at least 20% bf, like I have a huge gut. (starting a cut next week, gee I can't wait).

178cm, haha.

Then the fullstory; Dude, I was literally skin and bones but absolutely obsessed with cycling. It was a horrible mindset to be in but I would ride for five or six hours a day after university (or even highschool) and just go way too hard. Ended up stopping after getting beaten up in a mugging and realising that I was just too small to defend myself. This in turn led to me becoming a fat fuck until a mate convinced me to build a gym in my shed. Now I am a fat fuck but play with weights.

>178cm, haha.

try 165 cm, I would kill for your height.

Dude, those are some impressive numbers! I'd take keeping the gut in exchange for hitting those. How long have you been lifting :)?

Oh, sorry! I just meant that I was an unhealthy weight for my height. I understand that we would all kill to be taller and I have it better than most. I was not meaning to belittle you.

brah, Im the dude that asked him, and Im exactly 1 cm smaller than you, chill
that must've been pretty tough, My objective is actually 60 kg or so, then try and build muscle, but for someone your size, that was definitely not healthy

Ah, it was aiight. Stood my ground like an idiot but got laid at the end of the night with a broken nose. Lesson learned that you should not be so drunk in strange places.

As fucked as it is to admit, I honestly kind of miss being that small. I absolutely flew on my bike and racing up hills was a breeze. Also had an absolutely peaking jawline, haha. But yeahhh, you're right. A man should never be just skin and bones. It was very unhealthy and not that attractive.

pcrm.org/nbBlog/studies-link-eggs-to-stroke-diabetes-heart-disease-cancer

literally nothing wrong with eggs. Dietary cholesterol has no correlation with body cholesterol. It's the 1980s thinking of "if we don't eat fat we won't get fat! if we don't eat cholesterol we won't get cholesterol!"

Eggs are fine. And like all things after being on the diet for half a year to a ear go get blood work done. If your numbers are fine then you are good. People have this idea that if they eat eggs or some shit and their numbers are good one day it'll just magically go off like a timebomb and kill you. The body is all about trends.

this video is great. The high majority of health education was derived from either correlation = causation bullshit or just flat out flawed studies

Funny thing about that article. I was skeptical and did some research. See that image where it says "Paid for by the Committee for Responsible Medicine"? I just did a quick Google. The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine primarily "promotes a vegan diet, preventive medicine, and alternatives to animal research." Apparently (according to Wikipedia, at least), its tax filing shows its activities as "prevention of cruelty to animals."
I don't know about you, but I'd be suspicious of taking medical advice from an organization who's primary purpose isn't the well-being of people.
In fact, the American Medical Association stated that their dietary advice "could be dangerous to the health and well-being of Americans."

I eat a bunch of eggs and butter got my blood tested recently. My cholesterol is fine.

Eggs are great. You're going to die anyway.

>Medical research entirely based on meta-analysis
>Correlation is causation I swear
also along with I literally clicked the link at the top to the doctor who wrote this, he talks about how a man who was said to have died of a heart attack caused by smoke inhalation actually died because he wast vegan, I shit you not. And scrolling down not a single article by this doctor, which hilariously enough is a blog and not a medical forum of any kind, isn't to do with being vegan.

>blueberries have zero carbs
lmao get a load of this idiot