Argue now

Argue now.

i am trying to find out for months what Americans could possibly mean by that, i am actually interested

the price tag and the consumer market.

/thread

biologique or whatever the fuck country you're from

I mean it's more of overall the course of a lifetime build up of chemical compounds in the body, the only thing I know that someone can get really sick from by eating too much non-organic in the short term are strawberries

i am from literally the best country in the world.

> ITT Betas falling for the organic soylent GMO free memes

Haiti?

Who gives a shit?

(((organic)))

>not understanding how food works
>not understanding the metaphysics of food
Americans should be gassed

I worked in a grocery store for 2 years and can tell you why organics are bullshit, a gamble at best, at least for produce.
Before the fruits and vegetables are put out on the displays at grocery stores, they're stored in the back. Boxes are stacked on top of boxes, and pallets stacked on pallets. Same goes for the cold stuff which is kept in a big fridge.
There is no rule outright forcing any grocery store to arrange these boxes or pallets in any specific way, which leads to the problem of fucking gravity.
The pesticides, fertilizers and all that shit you want to avoid by buying organic can and absolutely will fall off of the normal fruit/veg boxes and pallets and onto those containing the organics, depending on how the boxes are arranged. Boxes are commonly left open when stored in the back (bananas especially), and there are decently large slots in the bottom of most cardboard containers for pesticides to seep through.
As I said, there's no rule at all forcing any store to stack organics on the top, or store them separately. So the organics that you buy will still have the shit you're trying to avoid all over them due to the storage process in most stores. It's not definite either way, but it's a gamble, a gamble that you have to pay extra to make.
If you really want truly organic produce for some reason, you're limited to growing it yourself or maybe buying from trusted farmer's markets. I personally think the fad is silly either way but you do you.

food farmed without poisons is generally a better choice than food farmed with poisons

that being said, organic certified foods doesn't mean your food is not covered in "organic" chemicals and compounds like sulfur and fish oils. Nor does it guarantee that the food wasn't farmed in ecologically damaging and unustainable monocultures. or using methods like growing in black plastic (BPA city).
However, it is not as bad as conventional "non organic" foods that use legit weed killers like glyphosate (round up) and others that poison ground water/ecology and ruin natural mineral cycling in the soils. Conventional farms are also being farmed no doubt in large unsustainable monocultures/black plastic for days.

Organic cerfitied foods do also guarantee that you aren't eating GMO seeds, which is a whole other kettle of fish. Not all conventional seeds are GMO, but no organic certified seeds are GMO, so there's the added comfort of knowing you aren't screwing over farmers or seed diversity when you buy organic.

GMO modifications (regardless of what you think they might do to our DNA or gut biome) often create sterile seeds, causing the farmer to become reliant on the seed provider (bayer monsanto corp) as opposed traditional farmer who can harvest and save seeds from their last crop, which saves money and keeps them independent.

My advice is find good local small farms and support them. A small diverse farm is much more likely to handle pests/weeds and fungus without poison, and the food will no doubt taste much better. The environment, the farmers and your own body will also benefit directly from these choices.

you're supposed to rinse your produce before you eat it
we don't buy organic because of the "pesticides" that may or may not be on it when it sits on display

Why the fuck would you buy organic then?

tastes better
has more nutrients
is less of a risk to kill the consumer
go read the infographics posted above

>tastes better
Placebo, they're the exact same shit
>has more nutrients
100% bullshit
>is less of a risk to kill the consumer
I'm guessing you're about to tell me that less people have died from eating organic, right? You need to take into account how little people eat organic in the first place.
>go read the infographics posted above
I did, I just disproved, in my first post, 3/5 apparent reasons for buying organic fruit/veg listed in . As for the other 2 points there, anyone who thinks radiation is a serious problem with their fucking vegetables doesn't understand how radiation works, and avoiding GMO is one of the stupidest current health memes. It is quite literally impossible to find any standard household fruit or vegetable that hasn't been genetically modified, and I can guarantee that any shit you buy with a fancy green sticker on it is too.