/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

dead thread dead sport

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
youtube.com/watch?v=WK7m6I5m6gY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>sport

Who is the most tragic athlete in weightlifting?

As in, who was the most promising but squandered their potential, got injured, banned, quit, etc.

me :(

but probably Hysen

How the fuck do you front bail?

weightlifting and powerlifting are manlets sports

Weightlifting requires flexibility and athleticism, powerlifting requires expensive gears that only fat autistic people waste their money on for "muh numbers"

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

>implying weightlifters dont roid

I can imagine someone on Veeky Forums trying that after seeing this GIF and ending up braindead/dead.

Sort of like that guy who tried to squat his bodyweight on his first ever time lifting and fainted ending up in hospital.

>Veeky Forums told him to do bodyweight squats first
>he actually put his bodyweight on the barbell for his first ever set

>muh reading comprehension

weightlifting, powelifting and strongman are meme autistic sports made for manlets fatasses so they dont feel excluded from real sports

take it or leave it, its the truth

I wish Taner Sagir had a longer career to rival Lu Xiaojun. They’re like the same age too. Other than the latter mentioned here I’d say Pat Mendes too.

>this fat tub of shit is considered an """elite""" """olympic""" """weightlifter""" by the pudgy little manlets with shit lifts ITT

THIS is what you impotent ladyboys fawn over? THIS corpulent fucking slob right here? maaaaaan, you bouncelifting losers are truly the embarrassment of Veeky Forums. no wonder your dog shit threads slide to the archives so fast lmaoooooooooo. no bump. kys, faggots.

>Didn't rack it

REDLIGHTS

Why dont oly lifters low bar squat when they use their hips at the bottom of their high bar squats as a primary mover anyway?

>caring about racking an assistance lift
lmao do you have to have judges for your curls too?

Because they squat to increase their classic lifts. Makes sense, right? Low bar has a poor carryover to the classic lifts compared to the high bar squat.

Also, many coaches just hate deadlifts (not clean or snatch deadlift) and low bar squats, because many beginner / intermediate or even advanced athletes struggle with their positions and end up pushing their hips up early in the pull / in the clean recovery

unironically this. Why would you even want this for yourselves?

Surrogate activity

weightlifting is a classic olympic sport that requires more athleticism than someone like you can even imagine
unironically stfu

I'm gona start squatting wide stance and you cant stop me!

In the split jerk, is your front leg's shin supposed to be perpendicular to the floor?

I'm 21 now, is there any hope for me to ever represent my country in Olympic weightlifting if I continue to work hard or am I already old enough to be a mid career oly lifter?

What country? Maybe if you’re from a tiny place with no weightlifting presence at all but is open for it. What are your stats and lifting history? Remember: there are probably many folks who’ve trained in this sport since child but never went international.

That looked dangerous.

Egypt, we have a pretty decent WL presence. Our record total for the 69 kg weight class is 334 kg.
I'm not even 1/2/3/4 yet, but I've been lifting for a bit over a year.

Reminder to squat everyday

youtube.com/watch?v=WK7m6I5m6gY

very easily, but he's not bailing, just unracking. Bailing implies failing, and front bailing would be terrifying on a squat

Pat was hopeless in competition, he'd bomb out every single time, even before the lifetime ban came in. I blame Broz desu

ye but to focus on that is missing the point really

your front leg should be one foot length in front of starting pos, your rear leg should be 1.5 behind, and your torso should be upright

I don't really think that's achievable, Egypt has some internationally competitive weightlifters already

Reminder to go to SAUNA regularly for that natty recovery

What is this shit, he just lets himself fall to the floor and uses the stretch reflex to its bare limits then grinds for 10 seconds trough the actual squat, lol.

Weightlifting requires top tier manlet leverages and drugs.
You can be natty and be competitive in the IPF, you can't be natty and be competitive in the IWF.

Literally meaningless shit.
Strongman is older than olympic weightlifting.

You can be the strongest weightlifter in the world, but you will never be the world's strongest man.

How is it not

Suggest me some set/rep schemes for tomorrows snatch volume day. Gona do
>snatch
>sn high pull
>sn pull+maybe snatch deadlift
>sn balance
>bb work