What makes alcohol so popular? Is it actually worth it...

What makes alcohol so popular? Is it actually worth it? All anyone ever does is invite me out to drink rather than seeing a movie or a concert, and I can't make up my mind about whether taking up another vice is worth it.

Humans have been drinking since before civilization, you figure it out

"People have done it for a long time" doesn't tell me why it's worth it, just that people have been doing it for a long time.

reduces inhibition
and it doesnt need to be a vice

drinking poison doesn't seem like a virtue

beer and hops will make you fat, gay and grow girl tits
drink liquor instead to disinhibit yourself

>I can't make up my mind about whether taking up another vice is worth it.

This is what keeps me from vaping/snus.

Did I say it was a virtue?

you sound like a giant faggot

I started doing meth the stuff is great literally no downside to the stuff

Drinking ususally gets me a really good night followed by 5 days of feeling lazy and doing nothing, it also fucks up my gains. I guess I should stop drinking.

Besides historical/cultural reasons it makes you feel warm and relaxed to drink it - also it makes potentially stressful/awkward socializing situations much easier (lowers inhibitions and easy conversation starter "hey what are you having? Oh I had that once at...."

I can't vouch for whether it's "worth it" for health reasons, I'm sure it's not helpful to staying fit but neither is shitposting on Veeky Forums yet here I am

Alexander the Great literally died of alcohol poisoning on one of his post battle binges

i love alcohol desu but dont drink it too often because it kills gains

>seeing a movie or a concert

it's difficult to actually interact with someone during those since the whole point is to envelope the senses, drinking actually facilitates social interaction by lowering inhibitions

Difference between alcohol we drink now and the alcohol we drank hundreds of years ago is the purity of it. Back then, the product was "contaminated" in a sense where the drink still had residual amounts of yeast and lactic bacteria still contained in suspension. Now, anything bought in the store is ultra-purified alcohol and may as well be water downed Isopropynol, Beer from the old days could almost be considered a probiotic in the sense. I would consider brewing your own beer to consume alcohol that is still a little dirty.

Drinking has the dual benefits of requiring people to be face to face while also relaxing them chemically, hence why it's so popular and social.

Alcohol is also not a poison, it's a preservative. Early farmers brewed beer because it would last longer than regular grain while keeping the calories.

Drinking can be trained just like lifting. Ask for a light beer or an ale to start with, just not an Indian Pale Ale. You could also try ordering something random and take small sips throughout the night. If your friends give you shit for not drinking enough they're shit friends. It's also perfectly reasonable to ask for a different beer if you don't like one. Even longtime drinkers get shitty beer sometimes and they don't tough it out.

Also consider ordering a "Flight" of beers. The server will bring you four to six smaller glasses, each with a different beer inside. Drink the ones you like and remember them for next time.

well, if you're gonna kill your gains, might as well make a statement too

Beer doesn’t even do a good job at that. I feel more alpha drinking hard liquor.

That's what he said dum dum

I wish he yelled as loud as it looks like he did

About it making you gay? I thought this was just anecdotal for me and I haven’t heard anyone else say beer gives you a shitty drunk. Makes me feel more beta desu.

In small doses, aclohol makes you feel really good.
The more you drink, the more you want to drink.
even if the high wears off, assuming you don't get a hangover, people associated as being a way to cut to the good time.

I love a good drink, but purely for taste. Alcohol consumption as drug use is pathetic.

>being this gullible for marketing

You do realize your idea of hard liquor being "alpha" comes mostly if not entirely from marketing right. Some 10 guys in suits sat around a table and thought how best to appeal to insecure men like you.

Agreeeeeeeeed. liquor is cucked! only normieslove that shit

I hang out with friends at a bar at least once a week and usually have 2 or 3 cocktails. There's nothing wrong with it, and its definitely not a vice. It's just another social event. I'm starting keto soon though so I'll probably stop drinking

>
>socializing while drinking
>not drinking alone
What a moron, its like being alone from yourself. Ultimate isolation.

>hey
>y’know that sensation you undeniably feel?
>well uh, it isnt actually real
>no need to thank me ;)
this is why you people dont get laid

are you 13, muslim or just autistic?
it tastes good and it's associated with fun social situations

You could drink sour beers. Some American wild ales are fucking delicious, and they get their taste from wild yeast and bacteria.

Outside of an occasional beer with a meal, I can't enjoy drinking. Girls always want to drink but it's exhausting. I literally only drink because someone else wants to drink, too. And if i say "no" then it's awkward since they're drinking alone and I feel bad because I'm taking advantage of a drunk girl. Alcohol increases testosterone in females but lowers it in males, so it makes that whole sexual assault issue very touchy since girls will more actively engage you in sex. I always feel guilty when drinking because I feel like it ruins my gains and I'll get fat. I'm not straightedge but I really like the idea of abstaining from drugs and alcohol for the most part.

drinking actually has health benefits. i personally drink one six pack a week. about 1-2 beers a day. just keep in moderation and itll be smooth sailing. there is multiple articles and health sources where you can find the benefits. the downsides only occur when consuming to much

cant live without my beer during dinner or whiskey with my cigar.

same

I think it really depends on the type of drink and the situation

If you spend the whole day outside working during a hot summer, nothing beats a cold beer on the porch or in your backyard when you arrive at home

When you are eating good and rich food while sitting together with your friends, I'd suggest a good vodka

I guess every alcohol has it's situation, but tastes differ and before you know it you are drinking "whine" that can contain traces of dairy and fish products out of a plastic bag

A little drinky poo never hurt anyone, lads.

Beer even 200 years ago was as dense as soup and was used to be eaten with a spoon from a bowl.