QTDDTOT

Questions that dont deserve their own thread.

>Previous

How did chuck lose his business to sneed?

this question deserves its own thread

Prostitution isnt legal in springfield so i assume it got closed down

Why the fuck does my shoulder ache so badly? I did some benchpress today and it was fine but now, ten hours later when I want to go to bed, it flares up with this incredible ache that's consuming all my attention. I can't focus on anything else and I'm going to have trouble sleeping now. It's not tender, I can poke my finger all over my should and it feels fine. It's just this deep ache which I can't ignore no matter how hard I try.

I get a gym membership as part of my uni. How do I know what sort of weights I'll be able to start at? Do you just keep working up and up until you hit your current limit? I'm not considered dyel what weight should I start at.

Just go for a light weight, like 5kg, and see how easy it is to lift. If it's really easy, go up to 6kg or 8kg. Repeat until you find a weight that you can lift, but is somewhat difficult. You often see people doing this in the gym; picking up weights, trying them, putting them down and choosing another etc

sex cauldron? i thought they closed that place down.

Hello i lost 17 kg already, still a bit to finish, i have been very serious with diet the last 2 month, not a single fail but today i went witj friends to telepizza and eat a familiar pizza myself all alone of steak house, how much did this fucked my process? Im really depressed because of it, thanks

I've dropped 16 pounds in the last month, 186-170, trying to get to 160. I'm 5'11 and I'm starting to see fucking ribcage but still.have a fat face and double chin, what do I do.

Start at a weight you can just barely hit 12 reps. Then move up 5 pounds

Hey Veeky Forums

Wondering what your thoughts are on someone doing starting strength without novice lifts, but lifts that are not expert either. Been doing a PPL for a couple years and I want to spend some time bulking and getting strength up. Can I expect the gains Rippetoe talks about starting at these marks?

DL 340
Squat 250
Bench 200
Ohp 135

6’2” 200 pound male for reference

Which rowing machines are good to buy for home gym?

Will a warehouse job where I'm lifting and squatting with 10-20kg boxes for hours on end give me any appreciable progress? I know that isn't much weight but I'm working very fast for long periods. My back is pretty sore by the time I finish.

middle back pain when ohp?
is it normal ?

Have I been completely retarded doing 3 sets of deadlifts instead of 1 doing SS?
I didn't even realize I was supposed to do only 1 until 5 second ago.

in SS you are supposed to do 1x5 so sets of 1 5 times.
Did you fuck up? No
Did you get the maximum gains ?No

Oh fuck I misread it twice.
I see I see, thanks.
I'm only like two weeks in but I'm glad I caught this mistake sooner rather than later.

brace your core

no it's chuck's

What are the macros of an unforgettable luncheon?

anyone please

i've tried but i dont know what muscles i'm supposed to brace
I pump my chest forward, shoulders back abs flexed but i still feel like all my upper back vertebrae are going straight in the middle back vertebrae

Albany expressions
Fast food
Steam

breathe with stomach not chest
then hold your breath

cheat days are ok calm down
you probably have been eating on a daily basis how much you ate on your "cheat day" for years and years .
Stop worrying i am in the same boat as you
Lost 10 kg on the scale and i occasionaly have cheat days in which i eat what i used to eat before my enlightenment

You ate a pizza, so what?
If you didn't act like a fat fuck the rest of the day you probably ate a TDEE anyway.
In the end it's only more calories, unless you have some sudden urge to eat more it's not an issue.
I only had 1 cheat day in 6 months, and I felt so sick and disgusted with myself that it motivated me even more.

Harness that depression into motivation, you are going to make it, like I did and many more to come.

yeah i usually cheat but it is a moderate cheat like for example 200g of smoked salmon or something easy but yesterday was a ultra mega cheat, but you are right, my eat time before the enlightement are finally over forever i hope, just very weird ocassions like yesterday's pizza
cheer good luck

thanks for support really help, im on track again now

i think the same, i may have not lost weight that day but i also probably didnt got any more weight that day since i probably stay in maintenance kcal that day sin the rest of the day i eat perfect,

Yeah the cheat of yesterday give me more extremelly motivation extra to not do it again i have the same experience!

thanks for your support, really help me

i lost already 17 kg, want to lost 5-7 more kg then bulk, pic related is my now, thanks

is it remotely possible i am losing as much fat as i am gaining water weight and muscle?

i have to constantly readjust the hole that i tighten my belt at.
1 and a half months ago i've been tightening my belt at the 6 hole , now i am doing it at the 8th hole so that would mean 2 inches lost in waist . I only lost about 0.5kg on the scale.
I dont really care about my scale weight either way as i am looking better every month but still am i worried i am doing something wrong

Is there any point in continuing weightlifting if you cant squat/deadlift?
I fucked up my knee when i was younger. I started lifting about 1 1/2 years ago to gain weight - i was a hungry skeleton. I made decent progress but recently the problems with my knee come back.
Now there is a cracking sound/sensation everytime i squat. Similar to the sound when you crack you knuckles, just in my knee. It doesnt really hurt, but it feels wrong.

I didnt see a doctor yet, but its probably a good idea to stop squatting for a while. I never wanted to get really strong, i just wanted to gain weight and not look like shit so i guess i could focus on upper body exercises...but whats the point then? I dont want to become a "never skip leg day" meme. It really fucking sucks...

Should i switch to a bodyweight routine? What other program could i follow that doesnt involve squats?

>inb4 kill yourself

>Is there any point in continuing weightlifting if you cant squat/deadlift?
Who gives a fuck? Literally only exercises that work the lower back and legs. You can get as fit as anyone without deads/squats.

Do upper body and body weight leg work you little bitch.

to do stomach vacuums do you just breath out and then suck your gut in as much as possible and try to hold it?

trying to make my penis lines(V) more prominent and this seems something to do on top of my already hanging leg raisdes, ab wheel and cable choppers

Not really. You need targeted higher volume weight work.

Good alternatives for glutes besides squatting more and glute bridges?

>Skinnyfat to begin with (9 months ago)
>made appreciable gains for a dyel weakling
>still have a belly + love handles though
>trying to cut since 1 month ago
>gym feels rough, weakness due to not eating as much

Is it OK to just go in and do high reps light weights, will I lose what little gains I achieved this year? Do I have to start doing heaps of cardio as well?

this happens to me sometimes too, just let it heal for a few days and take it easy in the gym for a while.

can someone enlighten me the idfference between front squats and back squats?

I heard the front ones help you in sports and also have more core engagement and I would like both of those so why should I do back squats instead?

how much do i have to lift before the bar starts noticeably bending?

I guess youre right, but on Veeky Forums its all about muh squats muh deadlifts. And my weightgain took off like a fucking rocket when i started to do squats and deadlifts.
Im just scared that ill become that hungry skeleton again.

Fucking Veeky Forums ruined me.

A week ago some dude was half squatting 4 plates. The bar started bending there...

Depends on if you have a shitty bar or not. Well-made Olympic bars should be able to withstand a minimum 500lbs, although there are some specialty-made ones that can go well past 1000lbs.

From Google:
> Front Squats zone in on the quads and upper back, while Back Squats focus more on the hips, glutes and lower back. Both lifts recruit all these muscles together, but the emphasis shifts from one lift to the other.

Agree with high reps, although you should still be going to exhaustion. You'll have to play around with your routine to determine what rep count feels good for you.

Do bodyweight for now and see a doctor. Personally I doubt it's anything major if there is no pain, it's common for knees to have a popping sound without necessarily meaning damage.

I don't think anyone here is familiar with the nuances of every kind of rowing machine. Just get one with good reviews, or maybe talk to some of the folks at your gym to get their opinion on cost/value.

You see ribs long before getting slim. It's weird, but I'm the same. Just keep going. I'm 6'0/174lb for the record.

does creatine monohydrate ever go off? I've got a tub I've had for like 4 years that I never used much of and am considering supplementing with it again

If I'm taking pre workout on a 2 week on, 1 week off basis, is there a need for any tolerance break (about 3 or 4 weeks possibly) between tubs?

So you people, on a cut, literally cheat ONCE a week with a food like that ? a pizza, a hamburguer with cheesee, or spagueti with cheesee or something shit like that just like that with no repercusion at all ? wow that is very fucking new to me, i was doing diet with no cheat days because i thought all this year that that was reaally a meme and fucking up all your process badly, so can someone confirm ? can you on a CUT ( 1500kcal daily to go to 10% bf ) eat a pizza once a week and keep progressing ? it is confirmed to work or is fake ? i though that was literally impossible

also because if that true that would be life changing for me, really waititn to someone redpilled me about this please, becaause when im on diets, i literally only eat something bad 2-4 times a years, days like christmas or a weding but just that, wow that would be great for me

well i can tell you for sure i am losing weight and i am eating shit food maybe once or twice a month
is it slowing the process down ? maybe
am i in any rush ? not really
but of course i am eating a lot of protein and as i am not taking any supplements or prework out i basically have to eat chicken or a steak here and there

so when you cut you dont have to go full paleo just eat on a deficit

As a beginner, should I do cardio between my days if I do xAxBxCx? How many days should I dedicate?

Are resistance bands a meme or would they help as accessory lifts for my back?

Don't fall for the cheat meal meme.
You will slow progress and lose motivation, plus it's way more satisfying when you lose weight through blood sweat and tears.
Anyway, losing weight isn't some temporary diet.
It's a lifestyle change, that's the only way to lose it for good.
If you don't change your eating habits and treat your cut as some temporary diet with cheat meals you are setting yourself up to fail in the long run.

Essential cheat meals aren't going to ruin your progress, but you really should avoid them at all costs.

I'm almost tempted to give you some bullshit about it messing with your metabolism so you won't start having them.

damm man i was already happy believing that is was a true thing, you are right, i wont cheat, thanks for the red pill, i wont cheat, only in special events every few months maybe only

you are right in everything, thanks very much for make the birds go away from my head

it will slow the process i guess so better if i dont do it! only in special events! thanks

How to cure bacne without going to a derm? I wash my sheets once a week, take lukewarm showers, and always wear something clean to bed.

How do i stop my hamstrings from being sore every time i squat/deadlift? Rest of my body is fine but this is keeping me away from the gym for 3 or 4 days afterwards.

I'm 18 yrs old and 5,6 tall and weight 58,1 kg what should I do? (Has a sport, routine, get tall)

bulk manlet

>doing deadlifts with 10lbs increases
>Do fine, form is okay, no real issues
>Accidentally fuck up math and do a 20lbs increase
>Lift it for 1x5
>Lower back feels strained later on

So... Should I continue adding 10lbs to this last weight or should I deload and rest more? The lower back pain is a muscle pain; I generally have a weak lower back.

get used to it

I mean, can you tell if it's DOMS, or like you pulled something/went out of form? If it's the former, add 10lbs pounds and carry the fuck on. If you think it's the latter, rest up, drop 10lbs, and proceed as normal

And for how I am tall? What do I do?

finally found a girl I'd like to ask out, but I'm not sure where to take her or what to do. Any ideas? There's an arcade near us and we both sperg about games so that an option

>There's an arcade near us and we both sperg about games so that an option
sounds good.
why not see a derm?

Green tea seems to help me with my water retention. Toughts?
I'm drinking it dialy and if I dont I seem to get bigger

there are many profitable ways to use them.
Can can help with form, build muscles you could otherwise not hit so precisely and so on.
Read it up or talk to your local PT at the gym to get started.
more exercise is always better.
Cardio is good.
2-3 times a week is good.
Just don't go for a run after your leg day.

I get letargic when starting a workout, specially cardio. I yawn and get a little sleepy. Is it vitamin deficency or something?

do you eat a big meal before workout?
at what time do you go?
did you sleep enough the night before?
do you feel sleepy at any other time during the day?

18 yo 58 kg 5,6 tal; what should I be doing?, (beside bulking) sport, diet,plan wokout routine, getting taller?

eat

Try stretching them after. Maybe a lightweight set of SLDL aka "Jefferson Curls" before leaving the gym, and a routine like BFS' Flexibility 1-2-3-4 after workouts and on off days. Google them.

Try the same weight next time, neither add nor deload, see how it feels. If it's good, then start back with +10lbs, if not so good, keep the weight or do slower adds, if it's still bad, take off 10lbs.

You're most likely not gonna get taller. Not many team sports for short guys. Combat sports have weight classes that are de facto height classes, so do them, or powerlifting or weightlifting.

Combat sports involve getting into a school. You're the right height/weight for a bantamweight or featherweight boxer and extralightweight judoka, a little short for flyweight taekwondo. BJJ has competitions and is also a good sport, I don't know what kind of weight classifications they use but it's probably not far off of judo's. There's a possibility that if you have promise you could be competitive, starting at 18yo.

OWL is unlikely unless you show some natural aptitude since 18yo is a late start desu but it can still be a fun hobby. PL on the other hand typically is good for late starters. If you like needles and doing gay4pay then bodybuilding kek.

You're also about the general build of a distance runner. You may decide you like that kind of thing.

If you want to get in general shape for anything while you think about it, do Starting Strength and then on 2 days a week do some running, start with C25K and then do some of CoolRunning's 5K plans, don't do their schedule, but do the workouts in sequence on those 2 days that you're not lifting. This will take care of strength and cardio and get you started. Then investigate those other options listed, see what appeals to you, what's available, what you have potential in.

No cure other than getting old/ off the sauce if you're on it. They make backwashing loufas, try more exfoliation.

Does quality of carbs matter?

I really don't like rice, potatoes and all that stuff so i just eat oreos or cheesecakes to fill my up carbs.

I do stay within my calorie budget.

I usually wait 1 and half-2 hours to exercise
I usually sleep enough yes
I don't get sleepy at that time of the day without workout. It happens anytime before one

When I go jogging I notice a direct sensation like a pressure, or dull ache, or stitch located on my right side like in the picture. Does anyone know what it could be?

There's no such thing as "quality of carbs." 90% of diet is IIFYM and CICO. Things like the glycemic index of individual carb sources matter very much less, and not at all in the context of a mixed meal, only if taken alone. Most of the other 10% is micronutrients etc., nutrient timing etc.

Get the big simple stuff right first and don't sweat the small stuff.

When losing weight should I keep going until I'm skinny, or get to my goal weight and start trying to rebuild my body composition?

Basically, when do I stop tying to lose weight?

It's the "stitch." Usually it's from poor breathing patterns. Work on breathing regularly, like every other left footfall, every third footfall, whatever, that usually fixes it.

I don't want to go to a derm just yet. I want to see if I can do anything about it by myself first.
Not on the juice. I am almost 24. Shouldn't my acne be gone by now?

don't eat before a workout then.
go to the gym during a different hour.
or take some caffeine

Stop when you're happy with how you look, or when you're at your health-related goal if you have one (like a waist circumference under 1/2 your height).

this is such a stupid joke. formerly it would have been "Chuck's Feed and Seed"

I was 240, I'm now at 174 and my goal was 168. I'm not happy with it, but realising now it's not that bad. I wonder if it's worth struggling to knock off another 10lbs or to start eating at maintenance and trying to add muscle.

For a week or so I have felt this slight ache around my elbow, but not to the bones. A couple of days ago I did some pull ups and since then every time that I strain my arm the slight ache becomes real pain. It's not unbearable but it still concerns me. The muscles aren't hard, and I can move my arm as I wish. What is it? What should I do?

Let's say I'm doing 3x5. Am I supposed to add weight next training when I only been able to hit 5 reps on first, maybe second set? Or do I need to make full 3 sets before moving on?

I got occasional facial zits well into my 30s. Still get an odd one now and then at 50. It's genetic and hormonal and age slows it down but don't expect it to ever stop completely.

My wife gets the cystic kind, had it since teenage years.

I will say one thing: do NOT take accutane under ANY circumstances, it will FUCK you when you get older. One thing it does is ruin your night vision ...

so... this is the power of autism

Chucks Fuck and Suck

How tall are you? For a guy with no exceptional muscle mass and not superlean, i.e. a normie, 168lbs is a good weight for anyone 5'10''-6'. Think "BMI" between 22-24 for that kind of guy.

If I were in that range, I'd just start getting strong and trying to keep weight about the same i.e. "recomping."

Most programs specify getting all three sets at 5 before moving on up in weight. Most programs also specify backing off if you can't get all 3x5, but I personally don't see that that's necessary if you're close. Me, if I were training or advising, I'd say if you target 3x5 and get within 1-3 total reps (5,4,3 or 4,4,4 or etc.), I'd stick with the same weight and try to build to 3x5. It's still a good weight for your training load and 12+ reps is still good volume for a beginner program.

FWIW I'd also say that if you get 3x5 and still feel strong on the last set, get that extra rep or two if you think you can.

Honestly, it's a it different, but it's not disc trouble. Just muscles being tight/strained. Like it hurts to sit/lay down, but feels fine in motion. Responds well to heat/cold, no shooting pains

Yeah, I'm 6 foot. I've still got a belly and hips, but slimmer legs and no moobs now.

Google the symptoms for "tennis elbow" and "golfer's elbow" and check against them for what you feel and where you feel it. Either of those are basically tendonitis from overuse and may be caused by improper grip width on pullups.

Should I cut or bulk if I'm current 20% BF and my main goal is hitting 1/2/3/4?

Thanks brah, I've been adding up only after performing full 3x5 till now and just now it occurred to me, if it's the right way. Yeah, when I can I go more on the last set I definitely do, but that didn't happen to me since third week kek. And when I can't hit that 5 on the bench I just fill it up with half reps

6' and 174 is a good place for a normie. I'd start lifting and trying to hold the weight steady or at least under 180.

Oh and I forgot to say this earlier, but congratulations on some fantastic results so far!
>I was 240, I'm now at 174
Good good work!

Thanks for the advice. I'll hit the 168 because that was my goal, but after that aim to maintain. I've got 2 weeks until my copy of SS arrives anyway so it gives me time to drop a few more lbs.

I've had a few people I haven't seen in a while tell me I look good, but I shouldn't have gotten myself into a disgusting state to begin with so I'm struggling to accept compliments yet.

bulk
cutting is only a matter of appearance

Yeah there are a bunch of ways of handling "missing" getting the 3x5.

Personally if it's close, like missing only 1-3 reps in total across all sets, I like keeping it simple and just doing the 3 sets at the same weight until I hit the target.

Doing extra sets to make the total is another way that some people like. Example 5,4,3 then get your other 3 at the same weight in a fourth or fifth set. Or another way of doing the same thing is taking some weight off for that fourth set and doing a burnout, like 5,4,3 then -10% and another set for AMRAP.

The general SS solution is to take a couple of sessions at lower weights and volume to deload and then come back to the attempt. This is often memed as just taking 10% weight off and working up again mechanically 5lbs at a time.

Really, all of them "work." It's a question of what you prefer.

And yes, if you're doing a 3x5 beginner program right, you shouldn't be getting extra reps on the last set often, if at all. They should be pushing your limits.

I've heard that bulking at anything higher than 15% BF will kill gains. Something about most of the weight added will be fat and not muscle.

but you will look really fat.
also, if you only wanna reach that goal, you can start by losing weight because your lifts will go up any way. since the first thing you have to do is getting stronger.

I forgot to include I've been doing SL5x5 for about 3 months now. I'm not sure if that'll make any difference or not as far as noob gains go

Concept 2. You can pay a little less for meme machines besides that but concept 2 will last forever with little maintenance, and will keep their value. Just wipe it down with a disinfectant wipe after every use.

this is from experiences I have seen and had with others but for beginners like you with higher bodyfat some of the best results I have seen have come from eating a solid diet around maintanence calories, doing cardio, and lifting hard.

I'd probably start around 2,600 calories a day if I were you, eating around 180ish grams of protein. (you do NOT need 1gram per pound of bodyweight of protein. you don't even have 150 pounds of lean muscle so you don't need 206 grams of protein).

I would do cardio 3 times a week, lift my ass off 4 times a week and see where you are after 6-8 weeks. At that point you can look at yourself and possibly raise calories to 3000 or so if need be.

forgot to link